Forums » Elder Scrolls

Planning Ahead of time for TES VI's Release.

• 50 posts
    April 8, 2015 6:34 PM EDT
    So, with the rumored leaks of the Elder Scrolls 6 release date, I've been wondering what I should do. Should I buy the game ASAP, or should I wait for he legendary edition? My problem is that I don't have Xbox Live, so I can't buy dlc. All feedback is appreciated.
    • 87 posts
    April 8, 2015 6:48 PM EDT
    I would buy the game as soon as it comes out and then get the GotY edition later.
    • 131 posts
    April 8, 2015 7:03 PM EDT

Personally I'll likely get the game at release and pay for the DLC later. Of course I have Live whereas you say you don't. In which case I'd recommend getting the game and trading it in when the GotY/Legendary edition hits shelves. That way you'll have played the game and still be able to get the Game+DLC at a later time and with a little money taken off.

Mind you it won't be a HUGE discount off but it'll be better than full price for what is essentially re-buying a game with some extra bells and whistles. (All that assuming you visit GameStop at all)

• 189 posts
    April 8, 2015 7:12 PM EDT

^ This is the correct answer.

• 50 posts
    April 8, 2015 7:35 PM EDT
    Thanks!
    • 87 posts
    April 8, 2015 9:52 PM EDT

Or, he could buy and keep both the normal and GotY editions. This is how you Sonic buy TES games.

• 2 posts
    April 9, 2015 1:14 AM EDT
    You could always just buy those DLC cards that they had for Skyrim if they come out.
    • 68 posts
    April 21, 2015 12:51 PM EDT
    I recomend buying both copies and keeping both. Lets be real here there are always a few glitches in the vanilla game that people exploit. Usually by the time a legendary or goty version come out there are updates that take out most of those glitches. So I always keep a vanilla copy handy just in case I want to exploit something to either get a unique item without consequences or stat a skill to max quickly.