Forums » The Lounge

Member Appreciation Thread

• 253 posts
    April 5, 2015 9:34 PM EDT

This thread is dedicated to acknowledging the positive contributions of other community members, whether they are hosts, brand new members, oldies, or even admins. Maybe you really like someone's builds, or one of their comments genuinely made you laugh, or you see them constantly going out of their way to assist new members, or maybe they made a significant contribution to the site and you just want to say "thanks". No matter how big or small, if ya got something nice to say, say it here! 

In light of a number of recent events, which I am sure that most of you are aware of, I feel like we could be a bit closer as a community, a bit more friendly. The Skyrim Blog community is uniquely mature and dedicated, at least for the internet, and I feel that celebrating those who have a positive presence would be a good step for the longevity of our "family".

It is not just "for the good of the site", but also, why not make someone's day better, you know? 

Lets hear what you guys have to say!

• 1467 posts
    April 5, 2015 9:40 PM EDT

I'll leave the expected Boro Captain Boro McSparrowPants comment here, he's one of the most active and friendly members and makes the site a whole lot better just by popping up. Not to mention that dashing profile picture of his.  

• April 5, 2015 9:48 PM EDT

I think there's meant to be a Captain in there somewhere.

• April 5, 2015 9:49 PM EDT

I'll leave a link for Albino, then. Officially the hardest working member (and most productive with a crapton of awesome builds), he's uniquely chill and ready to lend a hand, so I'll tip my hat to a fellow Character Building co-host!

• 253 posts
    April 5, 2015 9:51 PM EDT

Emer: I really appreciate the rhetorical choices that you make. When communicating with site members I noticed that you write very eloquently and in a manner which expresses the professionalism one would expect from the site owner. It is the little details like that which make you a good leader.

• 1467 posts
    April 5, 2015 9:51 PM EDT

There we go 

• April 5, 2015 9:54 PM EDT

Well done.

• 179 posts
    April 5, 2015 10:10 PM EDT

In that case, I'll have to leave a link for Elysium. She has produced numerous excellent character builds and shows no signs of slowing down, has been a great boon for the CB Group in general, and is a pretty cool gal. I've also heard that she's really good at opening doors. :D

While I'm here, I'm also going to give a nice thank you to my other CB co-hosts, Noodles and ShinJin so they don't feel left out. :D Noodles in particular seems to do the majority of the work around the CB Group while the rest of us are just along for the ride, so I want him to know that his work doesn't go unappreciated. :)

• 125 posts
    April 5, 2015 10:27 PM EDT

I can't really make a recommendation here, as I've not known the fine ladies and gentlemen on the Blog as long or as well as you guys, but I will say this: the community here as a whole has been one of the warmest and most welcoming that I've been a part of in my time online. It warms my heart to see how much you guys enjoy my drawings, my fan-fics, my builds, and whatever else I post on here for your entertainment, especially as a budding artist and writer looking to perfect his craft. Granted I haven't been able to post all that much lately (and I still owe Shor a drawing) due to the innumerable stresses of college, but I still drop in from time to time just to see what all you guys have been up to. Thank you all so much for your compliments, your criticisms, and everything in-between, because you all made The Skyrim Blog feel like a second home to me.  

• April 5, 2015 10:41 PM EDT

Mason: He has had the greatest effect on the CB group by creating the like system that it has used and depended on since. The CB group wouldn't be anywhere close to where it was today without his help. That's not even taking his obviously great builds into account.

• 130 posts
    April 5, 2015 11:55 PM EDT

I think Narm is a really active, helpful member of the community Actually now that I think about it I don't want to get banned. I think an excellent member of the community is Albino. My reasons are more or less encompassed by Elysium's comment.

• 189 posts
    April 5, 2015 11:56 PM EDT

Agreed. I've got a great deal of respect for the way Emer has handled every public issue that I've witnessed since he took over. Courteous, tactful, and decisive when needed. Couldn't ask for anything more.

Thanks also to the folks who regularly contribute help to me and many others, particularly in the Questions/Requests thread, CB Help Desk, and the Workshop, Lore, and Art groups. Vazgen, Feeney, Ely, Zach, Albino, Alastor, Phil, Raidriar, Ben, Nik, and too many others to list without leaving at least one worthy name off the list, so I'll stop there. Props to all you folks though. Keep doing what you're doing! (And kudos to those who used to provide this role, but haven't been as active of late -- Ponty, James, Mason, Vix, Kyn, etc.)

Also, big props to the Videos and Photos hosts and top contributors. I think you guys sometimes get overlooked, but I love what you bring to to blog.

• 253 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:19 AM EDT

Vix was the man. He was the first member to welcome to me the site when I posted a discussion about "favorite TES books". We had a nice talk about why we liked the writing style of the ingame books (the good 'ol TES twist). I also based my first few builds off of his format. A very influential guy to me.

• 249 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:24 AM EDT
    That's Miss Opens Doors to you!
    • 179 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:27 AM EDT

Thanks Prisoner, and you as well. #OrderOfTheBen4Lyfe

• 457 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:28 AM EDT
    THIS is the kind of thing I like to see ;D

So, in addition to making some great builds, a big thanks to Zach for always bringing in a bit of humor and positivism to just about every post he makes... it goes a long way to making the site a more pleasant place to hang out.

Also to Boro for welcoming just about every new member that joins... awesome :D
    • 179 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:28 AM EDT

I thought it was Opens-Many-Doors 

• 130 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:31 AM EDT

Who is this "you" you refer to? #IsItTimeToStartDrummingUpHypeForTheBuild?

• 1467 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:34 AM EDT

No build hyping, member hyping only

• 130 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:35 AM EDT

Okay

• 179 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:41 AM EDT

The "you" I'm referring is obviously Ben D, of course. #TheHypeTrainIsCurrentlyBoarding

• April 6, 2015 12:43 AM EDT

I can't tell whether my good name is being dragged through the mud or praised...

• 249 posts
    April 6, 2015 12:59 AM EDT
    Great thread Zach! Way to open a door! >:D

I'd like to thank the academy, my ma and pa. But for real, I have to start with Mason. His Sorcerer build brought me to the site, made me aware of CB, inspired me to create my own, and challenged me to make the best builds I could. He did all this through his exquisitely crafted contributions. Mason and I weren't close, never PMed, never talked more than a comment or two on each other's builds. Before TSB I had never opened up a photoediting program. I'd never put any of my work on display for others to view. I was never confident in any of my art, whether written or composed or otherwise. This is a first for me and it's been great to get feedback and even compliments. So thank you Mason for reeling me in and challenging me to do my best.

Now for the ruffians :) I have to hand it to anyone that has dealt with my wacky personality and been brave enough to actually "friend" me. Oneness and Hainesy were my first bros here. Cheers boys! Zach and Phil, aka Piss Borders and Brown Mounds, how do I have so many inside jokes on here? Teccam, aka Texan, my T&T bro. Wicked Conjurer, my fellow Necromancer and partner-in-crime. You too Warlocksg! We're a triumvirate of dark magic, us three! Sam and Curse, you two are a duo that has continuously inspired me with your top notch CBs. Just go ahead and set a wedding date already!

New paragraph! Jin and Casey, my fellow Vancians. Thanks for the constant support and continued play testing of my builds lol. At least I know someone plays em ;) Thiago and Neb, while we aren't totes besties you two have been outstanding memebers to our community and always upbeat. Thanks for everything you do, gents!

Hens and El, last night we opened doors. I have since unhinged those doors may they never close again! >:)

Lastly, I toast to those who will not read this: Kynareth, Kyrielle, Vix, Nikolaj, and TZ! Cheers! Edit: I forgot Vaz! Maybe I'd remember him if he made more CBs! ;)
    • 249 posts
    April 6, 2015 1:02 AM EDT
    I will now *like* my own comment in my imagination. *+1* :)
    • 249 posts
    April 6, 2015 1:05 AM EDT
    Let's say there's a beautiful light filtering through a stained glass window, onto your name...but there is also some dirt around it's lower quadrants and it could use a dusting. Nobody's perfect :l