Forums » The Lounge

Member Appreciation Thread

• April 6, 2015 1:12 AM EDT

Oh, I bet you say that to all the girls... and guys... and genderless people you meet on the internets.

• 58 posts
    April 6, 2015 1:13 AM EDT

About me the one who brought me to the site was mason and I owe neb and goldenfool a lot cause they helped me a lot.

• 179 posts
    April 6, 2015 1:16 AM EDT

Of course he does; he's the Trickmaster. Just when you think he's being serious and you start falling for him, he takes off and you realize that all he ever did was lead you on. :P

• 249 posts
    April 6, 2015 1:19 AM EDT
    About the same time I posted that comment I sent a duplicate PM to Zach with a picture of a duster attached. Color me exposed :o
    • 249 posts
    April 6, 2015 1:28 AM EDT
    I have to second this, Albino. Just before I quit hosting T&T I was asked to host CB. I regretfully declined but nominated you, Albino. I'm not sure if I was the reason you got the job but I'm very glad you did. You and your current CB co-hosts have been great and given some real life to CB. I love the HoF and how it's turned out. You've made some cool events that I didn't participate in but have produced some fantastic builds. Cheers my fellow Al. #hostsrule
    • 253 posts
    April 6, 2015 1:39 AM EDT

It was one of those newfangled 21st century dusters... 

• 179 posts
    April 6, 2015 1:51 AM EDT

Wow, really? I never knew much about how I ended up being the new CB host; Billy Mays just said that he'd be stepping down and offered me the job. Sounds like I owe you a very big thank you, and I have to show you some appreciation too. Aside from your superb character builds, you put a lot of good work into T&T, and it shows. People think CB is the hardest group to host, but activity happens in there quite naturally even without the hosts trying to stir some up. I think T&T is harder to host simply due to the difficulties of trying to get activity going in there. So cheers to you too, my fellow Al. #hostsrule

• 249 posts
    April 6, 2015 1:59 AM EDT

• 1217 posts
    April 6, 2015 2:03 AM EDT

I have to say I really appreciate those members who keep it cool when drama is going down. You know who you are, and here's hoping you don't have to exercise that patience very often! I'd also like to shout out to Kael'Than who was great encouragement at a critical time in my "building" career, helping me through what became a wonderful collab project, which gave me the confidence to keep building.

I also appreciate Okan, for the consistent support in my writing endeavors, and his own inspiring examples.

• 249 posts
    April 6, 2015 2:06 AM EDT
    T&T has it hard. Ponty, Nikolaj, and Teccam did a fantastic job as host and I was in over my head as a console player lol! Still wish I had the time and tools to bring it back to life but it is what it is.

And no prob Albino. You were the first candidate I'd thought of. I knew how active you were in CB and knew it was your niche so I didn't see the harm in dropping your name to see what turned up. BM was in a pinch and it all worked out! Cheers!
    • 179 posts
    April 6, 2015 2:15 AM EDT

Yeah, I'm a console player too, so I'm in over my head as well, but rather than discovering/testing new things, I'm trying to gather any tips/tricks that haven't made it to the group yet and post them there, like the Necromage Vampirism thing I'm working on in the Workshop, for example.

• 622 posts
    April 6, 2015 2:26 AM EDT

Everyone who has contributed to the site. You guys drive this site forward and keep it running. You make it active and bring content. You bring new members. Every one of you (especially those commenting in this thread). Thanks to all of you!

• 268 posts
    April 6, 2015 3:28 AM EDT
    Was the "memebers" thing after Neb and Thiago intentional? ;)
    • 268 posts
    April 6, 2015 3:38 AM EDT
    Wow, this is brilliant! Great idea Zach, I loved reading all the responses, it's so great to see all the positive feelings everyone's still got hidden somewhere. TSB is definitely a family!

First I'd like to point out the all time character building god, Mason. His works are inspirational and he hosted the group very well for a good year or two. His Resurrection event was stellar, and paved the way for the future events which are now some of the most lively parts of the group. It's great all the friendly competition that is started between both big names and small, all of the schoolboy taunting and then the eventual appreciation at everyone pulling out a masterpiece. It really helps get new builders started in a friendlier and less pressurised way, which is always a bonus.

Shinjin and Boro, for being the two nicest members on the blog. If you're frequent in the character building group, you may or may not have noticed that Shin comments on practically every build with a positive and meaningful response, even if it does end in the dreaded 'feature.' He's so encouraging and friendly, and it's really contagious. Boro, for being the single greeter of the blog. I'm amazed he can keep it up, there used to be six or so greeters and we all caved in at some point, so great job Boro!

All of the blog's hosts, for leading by example and just generally doing a cracking job. I'll mention the CB ones mainly because that's where I chill mostly, but that doesn't mean I've forgotten about the others. Noodles and I got off to a semi rough start, both kinda snapped at each other, but now I've realised he's a really fun guy, and obviously puts a helluva lot of work into CB. Same for Albino, who seems to spend most nights trawling through thousands of builds tagging each and every one of them. Elysium, who's so underrated and one of the best builders I've seen, and still manages to pump out quality stuff monthly.

As for the rest of the CB lot, Henson, Snakes and Ponty are inspirational, and set the standard for the multitudes of builds you see today. The current builders; Teccam, Zach, Shinjin, Elysium, Albino, Noodles, Tae, Casey, Curse, and undoubtedly many more I have forgotten. Those who have left us; Oneness, Hainesy, Lozhar, and others.

The first member to receive a spotlight (and rightly so!), Vaz, who is just such a friendly guy and posts just about everywhere. Neb, another friendly guy who has answered an unrelenting wave of profile questions from yours truly.

Curse, for suffering my ideas and joining me in making some of the best collabs on the blog, forget about all the Onenessy/Phistor stuff ;D. He's really inspiring and makes top notch builds, and I'm still amazed he stoops so low as me for a collab partner. Here's to many more!

Thanks to everyone!
    • 179 posts
    April 6, 2015 5:23 AM EDT

Thanks to you too Raidriar! The CB group wouldn't be the same without your builds!

• 1595 posts
    April 6, 2015 6:09 AM EDT

I worry about this being seen as slightly elitist, especially to new members, but I think the spirit of the discussion is a good one. So here's my list of people who have not only made this an enjoyable place to be but also gave me something to look forward to when life got me down:

Nikolaj Poulsen and Ben C for being the first to make me feel welcome when I first started and have continued that friendly and supportive role throughout.

No Snakes and Teccam for their consistently helpful, friendly and well-written feedback. These two are true gentlemen.

Vazgen and Barommokot for their ever-willingness to engage in discussions be they ones others have posted (even if when they have no particular interest in the theme) or ones they themselves have contributed which are many and of the highest quality. For their friendly attitudes and all around decency these two gents are true pillars of the community.

Remy and Vaaljorn for always having my back. Tom and Matt for their making the Lore Group a much more accessible place and tolerating my horseshit. Kynareth for being a thoughtful and enthusiastic former host whose boots are hard to fill and who, like Mason I miss.

Tricky for his flirtatious 'tude and always bringing a smile. Twisted for being twisted and Elysium whom I've only known for a short time but feels as though has been around forever. Albino for being an approachable and friendly guy. last but not least, Paul England for his enthusiasm and inspirational words.

That's just of the top of my head, sure I'll have more later.

• 700 posts
    December 9, 2016 3:45 PM EST

I'd like to give a shoutout to the build restoration team working their master restoration magic to get all our builds back to their former beauty. If I knew how to make a gif work, I'd give you all applause. 

This post was edited by Legion at December 9, 2016 3:45 PM EST