Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favourite Skyrim DLC

• 8 posts
    March 31, 2015 11:04 PM EDT

I was thinking, what was my favourite DLC out of Dawnguard, Hearthfire or Dragonborn. Personally mine is Dragonborn. What is yours? 

• April 1, 2015 12:44 AM EDT

Dawnguard for TEH EPIK LOOTS (Aetherial Crown, Auriel's Shield/Bow, Dawnguard Rune gear, Ring of the Beast and Aphrodite), but also one of the rare chances to RP a solidly evil character in Skyrim, not to mention the inclusion of Vampire Lord form.

Dragonborn because I'm a die-hard Morrowind fan at heart and when I first docked at Raven Rock and heard Blessing of Vivec (Vivec's Blessing?), which had been my favourite song from Morrowind to the point where I had it on my old MP3 player, my heart just melted. Then I started finding things. "Ooh, Trama Root. Now all I need is some Cliff Racer Plumes and I can make some levitation potions. Fantastic, Neloth, I know it's 200yrs too late, but I'll bring you that Robe of Drake's Pride... someday. Skaal villagers, when I find your Honour Guard in the most kickass armor in the game I'll let you know, but you gotta lend me the best mace in the game, that of Aevar Stone-Singer, mmmkai?" It's one of the few times in my life I've honestly fangirled.

Short answer: Dragonborn, because Morrowind.

• 8 posts
    April 1, 2015 1:21 AM EDT

Same here, but for me it was seeing the mage try to fly, because that was one of my favourite interactions in Morrowind. (Plus Miraak is awesome). By the way thanks Elysium for replying so quickly because this my first post on the blog.

• April 1, 2015 2:31 AM EDT

Miraak, I think, is the most developed boss in Skyrim.

You've got Alduin, who does what he does because prophecy, and then Harkon because prophecy (and vampire practicality), but Miraak has this long history of lusting for power and his war with the other Dragon Priests. When I came across his temple, surrounded by dead dragon skeletons, that was probably the only time Skyrim gave me a chill, cause this guy was clearly SERIOUS BUSINESS.

No problem, cheers and welcome!

• 8 posts
    April 1, 2015 3:09 AM EDT

Good point Ben C, I loved rp-ing a evil vampire. But for me Dragonborn was just too awesome.

• 8 posts
    April 1, 2015 3:47 AM EDT

Now I've posted a favourite faction page like 10 minutes ago if you're interested. Bye, I'm off to look at some builds for inspiration for my first build. Do you or Elysium have any?

• 8 posts
    April 1, 2015 3:59 AM EDT

Elysium, I'm so sorry I didn't notice that most of my favourite builds are from you. I love you're knight of the imperial dragon, and because of that build I'm going to make a staged build like that. Thanks!

• April 1, 2015 4:31 AM EDT

That's right, I forgot about the Forgotten Vale. (Ironically) It's one of my favourite areas in the game.

But that was a big thing in Skyrim. Its lands were missing a lot of the high fantasy, it was all very natural and "fantasy Viking", but the DLCs really changed that for the better.

• April 1, 2015 4:32 AM EDT

Well, thank you.

Feel free to send me a message if you want help or advise on your upcoming builds!

• 627 posts
    April 1, 2015 4:43 AM EDT

I strongly suggest that you take this offer.

• 1483 posts
    April 1, 2015 10:03 AM EDT

Dawnguard for me. Forgotten Vale, an interesting two-sided questline, awesome characters, great loot, changes to the core game mechanics (vampire and werewolf perks).

Dragonborn doesn't draw me as much, probably because of those annoying tough enemies such as Ash Spawn 

• 168 posts
    April 1, 2015 12:34 PM EDT

Dawnguard, mostly for the unique weapons, places and spells. Dragonborn is great but it doesn't draw me as much, except for Neloth's quests. I like Heartfire, especially when I order my children to do their chores as a punishment for asking me to give them presents every day. Too bad there isn't an option to threat them by saying you're going to ship them off to Riften orphanage if they don't obey your orders.

@jacqATTACK - If you want to reply to someone, click on the reply link located below the post of this person.

• 3 posts
    April 2, 2015 4:14 PM EDT

Hearthfire. I certainly love the ability to create your own houses (It's really fun) as well as the ability to have more than two children. If you have Hearthfire you can also get a custom-house from a forum or someplace and also a mod that allows you to have children in that house.. So uh, screw anything else personally. I love my babies >:C

• 14 posts
    September 29, 2015 4:00 PM EDT

I have to say Dragonborn, and I completely attribute that to Miraak. His character was almost too good for me. And the dragon riding was nice . . . who am I kidding, the dragon riding was flippin sweet!

For those who have played the Fallout: New Vegas DLC Lonesome Road, does anyone else see similarities between Ulysses and Miraak?

• 33 posts
    October 21, 2015 10:55 AM EDT

Mines is Dragonborn I do like Dawnguard but the Dragonborn DLC fits with the Lore. Fighting the first dragonborn is awesome and fits with the Lore also you can ride dragons get awesome shouts and gear and meet new Npcs and followers.

• October 21, 2015 7:00 PM EDT

Dragonborn, more so for the lore than the atmosphere. I like the story about Azhidal, the mention of Azra Nightwielder, and Wind and Sand is my favorite book in the lore, until Bethesda decides add more magic to the Redguards that is.

The Skaal are, although in Morrowind, the game I forgot I played, a neat addition to the revamped Nords of Skyrim. They provide much role-play opportunity for Nord magic users, especially enchanters working with Stalhrim.