Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favorite Questline in Skyrim

• 65 posts
    March 30, 2015 12:50 PM EDT

I want to know what you guy's favorite questline in skyrim is? My favorite has to be either the College of Winterhold questline, or the Thieves Guild. I say College of Winterhold questline because I actually never used magic until now, actually when I first played Skyrim on the PS3 I hated magic, Except for restoration. When I started the College of Winterhold questline I was level 21 or 22, and had Upgraded Elven armor and Dawnbreaker. I also used destruction and restoration, and a little of conjuration. Then I made a challenge, do the entire questline in robes and only use magic. So I put my elven armor in the wardrobe in my room and put my Elven bow all my arrows and Dawnbreaker in a barrel. I actually did the entire questline without dying and by the end of it I was level 28. I love the Thieves guild because of 3 people, Vex, Karliah, and Brynjolf. I love Brynjolf's voice, I think Vex is hot, and I think Karliah is a little of both. Plus I love the nightingale stuff, The Nightingale Blade is the best sword in the game, according to Smike, The Nightingale Bow is the 2nd best bow in the game, according to Smike, and Nightingale Armor is the 2nd best armor in the game, according to Smike. Anyway this isn't about me or my opinion it's about you and your opinion's, so what do you think?   

• 2 posts
    March 30, 2015 1:02 PM EDT

I have to go for Thieves Guild and Dragonborn. I love the twists Thieves Guild has and the headquarters of the guild is just awesome. As for Dragonborn I love the epic battle of the god humans, dragonborns, between you and Miraak.

• 15 posts
    March 30, 2015 1:12 PM EDT

No doubt the thieves guild is great, maybe it's because its so personal? But my favourites must be (in no particular order):

- The taste of deaths, because I love the madness and mystery behind it all. 

- The Forsworn Conspiracy + no one escapes from Cidhna mine, the whole situation is awesome and I love the way you are locked up and have to survive as a prisoner (reminds me of the movie "seven years in hell" - if thats the name..)  

- The man who cried wolf + the wolf queen, awesome due to the ritual and the whole lore behind the quest. 

What I like n quests are the roleplaying situations they put you in, and all those listed above really turn upside down your characters situation which make them (in my opinion at least) so great. 

• 2 posts
    March 30, 2015 2:07 PM EDT

I completely forgot about Forsworn Conspiracy, no doubt my favourite questchain. I love prison in games and that part in Cindha mine and the aftermatch in the street of Markath wearing Armor of the Old Gods was absolutely great. I am just dissapointed that after that it's over, the Forsworn escape the city and nothing comes afterward, Madanach doesn't even become the jarl or something. Feels like wasted potential.

• 15 posts
    March 30, 2015 2:27 PM EDT

Yes the aftermath was disappointing, specially because Markarth has so few good quests, they should definitely have evolved that into a faction quest.   

• 168 posts
    March 30, 2015 6:33 PM EDT

Diplomatic Immunity and Missing in Action - Both quest involve killing Thalmor, something my Thalmor Slayer Khajiit does best.

Master Neloth quests - I particularly love Neloth's quests and the Dunmer himself is so funny!!

College of Winterhold - I challenged myself by doing a pure mage Khajiit (who is the twin sister of my Thalmor Slayer). The College questline is great and and the Psijic Order mages are awesome. And I loved to enchant a gold sapphire ring with the soul of Arcano.

Daedric quests - My Thalmor Slayer Khajiit serves no Daedra and as result I fail to finish their quest, such as killing Logrolf instead of luring him to Molag-Balls (you have a fan in me, Feran Sadri!!), Luring the priest of Arkay to Namira's feast but instead of eating the priest I kill all the cannibals, as well as destroying the Skull of Corruption and refuse to kill Silus.

• 95 posts
    March 31, 2015 4:19 AM EDT

Imperial and Stormclaok war questline, just because of the amount of killing I can do without ANY issues.

The dark brotherhood contracts for even more killing

Forsworn Conspiracy because I get to let the Forsworn loose on the town, just to massacre all of Markarth before I attack Fort Sungard as a Stormcloak.

But my personal attacks on the Thalmor are even more fun than all that combined XD 

• 134 posts
    March 31, 2015 1:54 PM EDT

I'd agree with the Thieves' Guild being the best. It's the only questline that made me despise the main antagonist with a great plot twist, and actually made me want to continue for the purpose of killing him, rather than for just getting a reward or being a completionist.

The other factions' stories mostly reeked of "kill them because they're bad" ideology. For example, the whole main quest revolves around killing dragons, but never really lets the player build up hatred for them - hell, Alduin even obliviously helps you by taking out the headsman in Helgen, saving your life. The Silver Hand are just shallow enemies who get wiped out with simple revenge mentality, Ancano is just generally quite unpleasant and (assuming the Dawnguard side is chosen) you only have one short conversation with Harkon before deciding to wipe him out at the end after stunted correspondence.

Actually, with those in mind, the Dark Brotherhood could be an easy second, for the whole "you killed my son" and metaphorical backstabbing going on. It seems too empty when you finish it though, and the recurring quest that NEVER ENDS is annoying.

• 9 posts
    March 31, 2015 7:44 PM EDT

Thieves Guild seems to be a bit more difficult than the other guilds but easier than the main quest slightly.