Forums » Elder Scrolls

Worst and Best Quest Related kills/deaths

• 1467 posts
    March 14, 2015 7:23 PM EDT
    Come on everyone has someone they hate with a passion in this game, and a character that balances that out, a character they love beyond all characters.

So in Skyrim who do you enjoy killing/watch die (well that sounds a little dark) and who do you always hate having to kill or watch die.

For me I hate, I really hate one character, who do I hate...Well I have really hate Mercer, I mean I enjoy the character but the game actually made it seem like he betrayed me, it was an excellently written character who I love murdering so very much..

And I really wish that Savos Aren didnt die, he was a fairly interesting character and I wish I could have interacted with him more often. But what about everyone else what are your favorite or least favorite deaths?
    • 367 posts
    March 14, 2015 7:33 PM EDT

For me it's got to be the Harbinger's death, Kodlak's. Njada on the other hand, she wouldn't be missed. In fact I'd happily watch her die while I eat a sweetroll and enjoy a flask of mead.

• March 14, 2015 7:55 PM EDT

I get a perverse amount of pleasure from killing Cicero.

I typically regret the lack of choice in Skyrim quests (you can't side with Mercer to work against Nocturnal because PLOT, you can't team up with Arcano or join the Thalmor because PLOT, you can't konk the heads of Ulfric and Tulius together and say "You numbskulls, you're aiding the dragons with your little pissing contest!"... you get the idea).

I hate having to see the common folk die from randomness because it's quite grim. Like, Sven is just your everday unemployed artist, busking for a living with his lute, until this dragon swoops down from the sky and murders him in front of his mother.

• 2 posts
    March 14, 2015 8:52 PM EDT
    Imagine re-entering Whiterun after defeating the first dragon encountered, only to find a Master Vampire w/homies murdering Adrianne and the other Blacksmith(large burly male). Whiterun has always felt like my sorta place to settle down. I wasn't sure if the shop would be re-inhabited, and the thought of completing the rest of the play through without those 2 characters was bumming me out.
    Aside from them dying, I greatly enjoy taking out the whole cove of pirates that are off the north cape of Solitude. Especially when triggered by the backstabbing Argonian in said city.
    • 1467 posts
    March 14, 2015 9:48 PM EDT

Yeah..Sven dying is a shame...

• 457 posts
    March 14, 2015 10:39 PM EDT
    The three Imperial imposters... I HATE those guys. I know it's just a random thing, but I feel like Nirn, Earth, AND Pluto are all better places with those guys no longer breathing.

On the other hand, I have NEVER killed Paarthurnax. Just. Can't. Do. It.
    • 1467 posts
    March 14, 2015 10:43 PM EDT

I agree with everything said here...

• 1913 posts
    March 14, 2015 11:37 PM EDT
    I hate killing the guy from the Meridia quest... He is just so annoying at higher levels and becomes the bane of my existence... I pretty much have to exploit the game's combat and zoning so I can murder him.... Twice...

And I love killing Cicero.
    • 457 posts
    March 15, 2015 1:38 AM EDT
    I use Malkoran as a benchmark for just about any build I play ;D
    • 33 posts
    March 15, 2015 2:25 AM EDT
    I love killing that smug bitch astrid in destroying the dark brotherhood.

I hate fighting morokei especially on mage characters. In fact u hate that whole dungeon with the mana sapping whispers
    • 1595 posts
    March 15, 2015 4:30 AM EDT

I guess I hate Maven Blackbriar - she's armoured to the max. Also the lack of any paragon options to deal with the Thieves Guild.

Good call on Savos, although his hands-off policy of "it'll sort itself out" is rather pathetic.

• 1483 posts
    March 15, 2015 6:11 AM EDT

Love killing Galmar

Hate killing Rikke

• 23 posts
    March 15, 2015 9:50 AM EDT
    Love killing Ulfric especially by shouting him to ashes (Thank you DragonBorn DlC)
    But I hate when Veezera died he is interesting and I would have liked to be able to save him and have him as a companion!
    • 64 posts
    March 15, 2015 12:21 PM EDT

I hate pretty much everyone (who's not a civilian... with a few exceptions).

Thonar Silver-Blood the manipulative bastard,

Beem-Ja (Ironbind Barrow aka the place with the battleaxe of firery souls) because he betrays you.

Commander Maro for destroying your Family

Telrav because the bastard tricks you into helping him cross a bridge and then getting his guys to kill you (you can kill his men first and he'll be pissed at you... which pisses me off even more for some reason)

The thieves who try to rob you on the side of the road ("I don't have time for this")

Mogrul because he always has a stick up his ass

All the Forsworn

That one bandit in Ravenscar Hollow who begs you to let him out of a cage before the Hagravens kill him, and then after you kill the Hagravens, he betrays you,

Taron Dreth because he stole Katria's (Lost to the Ages) research and screwed her over.

The three bandits dressing as Imperials.

Idolaf Battle-Born (Stuck-up asshole who taunts the Stormcloak-supporting, NON-RACIST Grey-Manes)

Degaine (Any beggar who insults you should just die already)

Bolund (Racist prick)

Rolff Stone-Fist (Very racist prick. Also essential)

Sild the Wicked (Rannveig's Fast) because he's a sadistic cunt who tortures people with fire magic

• 13 posts
    March 15, 2015 1:36 PM EDT

The man that I really hate is Heimskr, the priest that shouts in Whiterun, I know he is not quest related, but for me he is part of the main quest, I have to kill him, everytime.

• 11 posts
    March 15, 2015 1:45 PM EDT

I am not a huge fan of Thonar Silver-Blood, I hated how he was using native Reachmen to do his dirty work. I found it gratifying to watch him die by Forsworn hands and then raised by another.

On the other hand, I wish Skjor didn't die, he never deserved to die the way he did. He was perhaps one of the smartest Circle members around, and seeing that he was killed by foolishness was very saddening.

• 457 posts
    March 15, 2015 1:45 PM EDT
    Says the Heimskr of the blog xD

I say this only because I know you'll take it as a compliment ;D
    • 457 posts
    March 15, 2015 3:15 PM EDT
    xD
    • 1467 posts
    March 15, 2015 3:45 PM EDT

HEIMSKR...NOTHING IS WRONG WITH HIM, HE JUST HAS OPINIONS....

• 189 posts
    March 15, 2015 3:57 PM EDT

The worst for me is that if you choose to kill Nilsine Shatter-Shield during Mourning Never Comes, then her mother, Tova Shatter-Shield, will kill herself out of grief. Nilsine's sister Friga had been murdered by the Windhelm Butcher not long before the beginning of the game, and if Nilsine dies too, Tova has nothing left to live for. This note cane be found next to her body.

What makes this truly awful is that it's totally dependent upon the player's choice of action during that quest. For a simple little ring, you kill one woman and consign another to her death. And it's 100% optional; you can still complete the quest without killing Nilsine, as she's not the primary target.

• 404 posts
    March 15, 2015 4:11 PM EDT
    Same.
    • 404 posts
    March 15, 2015 4:14 PM EDT
    I had one from a glitch(I think), I gave Mr. Shatter-shield some mead and he died sometime after I gave it to him.
  • Tim
    • 92 posts
    March 15, 2015 5:07 PM EDT

I reserve a special burning hatred for Nazeem. Heimskr also, and on my very first playthrough, as soon as I walked into Whiterun, I heard him shouting away. I knew that such a disturber of the peace couldn't be tolerated by my eardrums, so up came my bow and down went his body :D. Somehow I even managed to avoid a bounty, even if I didn't know what that was at the time. Mjoll I think is pretty cool, and Delvin is awesome, especially his voice. I love his reactions when you tell him you're in the DB lol.

• 743 posts
    March 15, 2015 10:51 PM EDT

I really wish there was an option to "like" comments. Guess this is the closest to it.

• 743 posts
    March 15, 2015 10:55 PM EDT

I'd say Mercer. He was a know at all who believed he could outsmart a daedric prince, the thieves guild,3 nightingales, and the dragon born. And of course I enjoy killing stuck up Nazeem.