Forums » Elder Scrolls

Morrowind

• 95 posts
    March 5, 2015 7:44 AM EST

I wonder, has anyone found a way to become a true Vampire/Werewolf Hybrid yet on Morrowind?

Also, Necromancer's Amulet, Wraithguard, Hircine's Ring (Just in case I can figure out a way to become a hybrid with it) Umbra and Keening... Good Combo?

Just wanted to ask before I started off my playthrough, as I will be aiming for an insanely strong character who can use both weapons AND magic equally.

Please let me know in the comments!

• 87 posts
    March 5, 2015 2:18 PM EST

Yes. You just need to be a werewolf first, then catch Porphyric Hemophilia. A better way to do it would be to just be a vampire, and then use the Ring of Hircine - this will prevent lycanthropy from ruining your nights.

Those items are all good individually, but you can't really call it a combo. There doesn't seem to be any synergy or reason for using all of these different items.

Regardless, you can do it.

• 95 posts
    March 5, 2015 6:57 PM EST

The reason being is because I am creating a build specifically based for those items and both Vampirism (Quarra Clan) and Werewolf. Thanks for the reply and ideas! What I wonder is: Do the Bonus' of Vampirism and the Clan carry over to Werewolf form? One could only imagine the power that one will gain as a Vampire/Werewolf Hybrid...

• 87 posts
    March 6, 2015 2:11 AM EST

No, Vampirism bonuses do not transfer over to lycanthropy.

The only problem with a vampire/werewolf build is that you are always in danger. During the day, you have to stay inside to avoid the sunlight (with your vampirism), and every night you turn into a werewolf and have to avoid civilization (except that you have to kill one guy each night). It is not a fun build to play unless you do it correctly, in which case you can make a very interesting character.

• 95 posts
    March 6, 2015 7:27 AM EST

Great to know! Now that I have a more functional mouse I will begin the build ASAP. Thanks for all the info mate!