Forums » Elder Scrolls

Top Ten Skyrim Fails

• 4 posts
    March 3, 2015 12:58 AM EST

Well with the surviving part if I remember correctly she says you survive because the poison slows your heart-rate or something.

• 1217 posts
    March 3, 2015 1:30 AM EST
    Sure, is just glosses over why she couldn't wait til her actual target was in sight.
    • 92 posts
    March 3, 2015 5:57 AM EST

Teldryn Sero is a boss.

• 237 posts
    March 3, 2015 2:49 PM EST

Plus you can go to other word walls before you even visit Riverwood/Whiterun and learn words prior to even having your first dragon soul.

• 1913 posts
    March 4, 2015 7:54 PM EST
    • 1217 posts
    March 4, 2015 8:17 PM EST

Horses should not count as witnesses to crimes. FAIL Bethesda.

• 237 posts
    March 4, 2015 8:18 PM EST

...or chickens or goats or cows

• 33 posts
    March 5, 2015 1:57 AM EST
    Bethesda you da real fail XD I've always thought it's more of a fail when I go Into sneak then ride off on someone's horse and it's not considered a crime
    • 2 posts
    April 5, 2015 11:31 AM EDT

For me, my fails are more geared to immersion.  For example, why is it everyone is an "expert" at identifying the contents of potion bottles and enchanted items?  Are all potion bottles labeled so as to identify the exact effects of the contents?  If I pick up two red bottles, how would I know that one is different from the other?  Perhaps someone put magicka regen or poison in it?  Another point.  I find some loot in a dungeon.  How do I know they are enchanted with 10% fire protection?  Personally, I would like to see a gameplay mechanic incorporated that requires you to either study alchemy or enchanting, or have to take them to an alchemist or enchanter to have them properly identified.  You would still get the "benefits" of the potion or item, but won't know exactly what it is other than by what happens in-game, unless they have been properly identified.  Unfortunately, I have yet to find a mod that does this. 

Another point of contention is that increasing the difficulty in the game only seems to affect combat.  Why not affect the amount and kind of loot/items found?  I do believe the loot might level up a bit if you play on the higher difficulties, but why not make enchanted items, potions, and gold more rare?  Sure, there are mods to do this, but isn't part of the game difficulty finding loot, gold, and potions?  If they are in such abundance, even at the higher difficulties, I think that still makes it too easy.  Why not more traps and enemies as well?  Seems all the game does is increase enemy HP and their damage. 

Well, thank goodness for the modding community.  The game, as it is, is entertaining.  Just seems to me the concept of difficulty is rather cheap, as it is in many games.  Still love this game, despite its warts. 

• 237 posts
    April 5, 2015 2:02 PM EDT

Game difficulty should be something more/better than just increasing and decreasing damage multipliers on the player (and only the player).  I like the idea of harder loot, meaner merchants, more and smarter enemies...  As it is, all you need to do to dominate Legendary difficulty is grind Conjuration and Illusion, give atronach staves to your two dead thralls, and give the Sanguine Rose to a follower.

That's definitely a Skyrim fail right there.

I'm okay with not having to use some kind of 'Identify' spell.  With the way magicka regenerates, that would just be tedium with no benefit.

• 68 posts
    April 23, 2015 10:08 PM EDT
    Personally my greatest fails are in the lore. There's so many contradicting stories it's just ridiculous. I mean I understand each race having it's own religious beliefs, but can't there just be one unifying origin story. I mean if you read the Dwemer and Falmer lore for instance it says they are races evolved from the Aldmer, but if you read the Aldmer lore it says that when the Bosmer, Chimer, and Aeylids split to settle the rest of Tamriel the Dwemer and Falmer were already there. Seriously I understand there's nobody to tell their stories, but can't we get an answer instead of a bunch of contradiction?