Forums » The Lounge

Skyrim Character Planner Discussion I - Background

• 87 posts
    February 23, 2015 11:01 PM EST

Good People of the Imperial City,

The competition has finished. I will not accept any pictures past this point. Please now vote among the following links.

Background Pictures:

1, 234567891011121314, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Smaller Pictures (for misc. uses):

123456, 7, 8

I have decided to bring an aspect of member-inclusion to the Planner. The first part I need from you people is a background for the planner.  I am deliberately avoiding releasing useful information about this, but I'll start with the following: the background is going to take the place of the site background while on this page, the planner is going to be based on easy-to-use (but nice looking) input sections, and will be relatively graphically plain, with no pictures of perk trees, in order to separate itself from other sites and include significantly more detail and choices.

This is smarter than the average build calculator, you know. The calculator will include every aspect of your character from your name to your current equipment (such as your current blessing, your vampire/werewolf status, your factions, and more). It will also tell you much more about your character's stats based on your input than other calculators.

As I have stated before, the cost of this is a less graphically immersive UI, which I am hoping to address here. Please post the link to a picture below, or send me the actual picture via PM. The picture will have to be at least 1080p, but 2k is preferable. It has to be standard widescreen (16x9).

Regards,

The Archcanon

• 87 posts
    February 24, 2015 9:25 PM EST

I am removing all previous comments in order to reuse this thread.

• 189 posts
    February 24, 2015 9:34 PM EST

Of the ones from the purged comments (now in the OP) I like 6, 11, 12, 16, and 17 the best. Also, just FYI, the "all around great" one is broken for me.

I'll look through my albums and see if I have anything that might be useful.

Another option would be to look at some of the pre-release concept art. In particular, there's a wallpaper pack on the Nexus that includes a max of 1080p and 2K images, that combines exceptional fan art and concept art. Check it out here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24157/?

Lots of potentially useful backgrounds in there if you're rather use artwork than screenshots.

• 145 posts
    February 24, 2015 9:36 PM EST
    Ooh, I love artwork. Both screenshots and art could suffice.
    • 145 posts
    February 24, 2015 9:45 PM EST

Of the pictures on the wallpaper pack, this one's definitely my favorite:

• 627 posts
    February 24, 2015 9:47 PM EST

You could create your own by combining pieces of artwork that can be found on the blog similar to what I've done for my page, and I can't see any of us really objecting, I mean we posted our stuff on the internet.

• 145 posts
    February 24, 2015 9:50 PM EST
    My favorites are 6, 11, and 16.
    • 627 posts
    February 24, 2015 9:52 PM EST

I like 11

• 253 posts
    February 24, 2015 10:09 PM EST

Oh my god, the Dragonsreach one. I vote for the same ones as Teccam.