Forums » Fallout

New Vegas Conclusion: Which path did you walk? (By Vulpes Umbrae

• 180 posts
    February 21, 2015 2:00 PM EST

ByVulpes Umbrae

Hey, guys I was wondering what you all have done in terms of the main quest in NV, for any new players out there I will list factions and a brief description.

New California Republic: A western democratic nation building upon "Old World" values 

Caesar's Legion: A group of extremely loyal militants consisting of 87 assimilated tribes, led by Edward Sallow a former Follower of The Apocalypse.

Mr.House: The "Enigmatic De Facto Ruler of New Vegas" as the loading screens call him, I won't spoil anymore.

Independent Vegas: You work towards fighting off all three of these aforementioned powers to obtain a free New Vegas.

On my first playthrough I went with the legion. Most likely because I am a history buff and was fascinated by this ancient-like society. In the end I shrugged of any moral differences to join the guys with the ballistic fists and cool fox hats. On my second playthrough, I went for the independent Vegas. I was playing the last DLC The Lonesome Road and I really took Ulysses' words to heart,

Alright, I want to hear your choices and your reasoning, have at it!

• 87 posts
    February 23, 2015 1:02 AM EST

I'm a Yes Man guy myself. I just don't like any of the other factions (the NCR is fine, I guess, but I like the robot better).

• 207 posts
    February 23, 2015 5:22 AM EST

I went with Mr. House at the beginning, until he wanted me to do something I couldn't do morally. From there on I went with the Yes-Man.

• 229 posts
    February 23, 2015 3:04 PM EST

I do NCR, it's the only one I like other than Independent. I would choose Independent if I could still be allies with the NCR, only handing over full control once they've cleaned up their act in regards to things like corruption, and  if I retained my position as leader of New Vegas underneath the NCR, retaining the right to withdraw from the NCR if I find that corruption has started up again.

• 1217 posts
    February 23, 2015 3:07 PM EST
    I don't remember what corruption is showcased in NCR during NV. Is that just meta knowledge?
    • 229 posts
    February 23, 2015 3:26 PM EST

Well here:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Norton (Unfriendly Persuasion)

http://fallout.gamepedia.com/Brahmin_baron

Stuff like this

• 229 posts
    February 23, 2015 3:27 PM EST

They also pretty much steamroll over small towns, some of which don't want to join them, and impose taxes that some can't pay, forcing them to move off the land they settled.