Forums » The Lounge

What's Your Strangest Skyrim Story?

• 125 posts
    February 19, 2015 12:21 PM EST

We've all had those strange little experiences in the vast mountains of the north, and they make for some of the most entertaining, thrilling, and even heartwarming memories in gaming. I'd originally opted to share one experience of my own via a status update, but the character limit was too short. So then I thought, why not make a forum post to talk about these things? And so this was made.

Anyway, I have several to talk about. For example, last night I decided to go ahead and do Ondolemar's quest in Markarth, just because it was a quest I'd never done before in other playthroughs (please don't bash my head in). Next time I visited Understone Keep, I passed by Ondolemar... only for him to spontaneously gift me with a copy of Olaf And The Dragon, saying that when he saw it, he thought of me. Thing is, as a kid I was always obsessed with dragons and knights and such. So for a moment, I found myself being brought right back to those days of my youth -- all thanks to a guy from the Aldmeri Dominion, the organization whose agents I've been butchering left and right in my various fanfics. Talk about ironic!

So there's one of mine. What about yours? Leave a comment below!

• 100 posts
    February 19, 2015 12:39 PM EST
    Heh most recently I had a few run-ins with a female argonian assassin. I'm playing a character who is pacifist, so taking out assassins lethally is a no-go. Turns out, if you abandon your assassin, she will track you down until one of you is dead. Again, and again. All over the map.

I was getting used to it, laughing excitedly each time I had to escape. Then I pissed off a bear, dived into a river, and watched the bear tear her apart :(
    • 125 posts
    February 19, 2015 12:43 PM EST

Stupid bears, always ruining everything. Neat story, though!

• 457 posts
    February 19, 2015 3:55 PM EST

For me it would have to be the first time I tried to sneak back out of Calcelmo's Lab. The two thugs were on their way to find me, and Calcelmo's nephew was sitting on a bench below. My kids were all watching me play, and we were all freaked out about getting caught.

I leaped to the ledge to sneak over him, but mistimed my jump and landed right on top of him. We're all screaming 'cause now I'm standing right beside him, but he's just sitting there as if some Dunmer thief never fell right out of the sky and into his lap. So I just turned and walked out. My nine year old son said, "Maybe you gave him a concussion."

More like 'maybe I wasted three or four perk points maxing out Stealth' xD

• 125 posts
    February 19, 2015 4:06 PM EST

XD Never a dull day in the life of a thief! That's a good one! 

• 168 posts
    February 19, 2015 5:23 PM EST

One night it was raining heavily on Falkreath when 2 dragons appeared at the same time. However, one of them made some kind of forced landing but it didn't made it and died when it touched the ground. So, I got one dragon soul for free while I focused on the second dragon.

• 125 posts
    February 19, 2015 6:44 PM EST

Nice! I've got a dragon story too: one time, I was heading toward a bandit camp to wipe them all out, when a dragon swooped in from overhead. I drew out my sword and prepared for battle... when I noticed that it was busying itself with the bandits. I rushed in and fought the rest of them off, and when the bandits were no more, the dragon flew away -- never once becoming hostile at the sight of me. I was left in awe.

• 93 posts
    February 19, 2015 6:49 PM EST

Vigilante Dragon???

• 627 posts
    February 19, 2015 6:50 PM EST

I have a couple from my friend when he used to play, both have something to do with a dragon. So one time he was being followed around by this dragon's corpse, it would pop up anywhere he went and so eventually the Markarth guards became aggroed by the corpse and started attacking and when he finally got rid of the dragon he went back to pay his bounty but the guards wont accept it so now he can't go to Markarth.

The other one is he was fighting this dragon when it went into the crash landing animation but bounced off some trees and ended up spasming so high up in the sky that he couldn't hit it with his bow.

• 457 posts
    February 19, 2015 7:01 PM EST
    I had a dragon skeleton follow me around for almost an entire playthrough: anytime I'd leave a building, the thing would drop out of nowhere and just jiggle around. I'd travel cross country, go into a cave to clear it out, come out, and... plop... there he'd be. Jiggling away.

It was kind of unsettling xD
    • 159 posts
    February 19, 2015 7:03 PM EST

So during one  day during the dawnguard questline  me and serana were fighting  the snow elf vythur and as the fight started I decided to use a calm scroll which stopped both vuythur and serana from fighting. Than Vuythur who is a vamp decides to take a chomp out of serana by doing the vampire seduction feeding animation. I was wtf...... then I thought what happens when a vamp feeds from a vamp? Lol

• 457 posts
    February 19, 2015 7:03 PM EST
    Crud! Why didn't I just read your reply first! xD
    • 125 posts
    February 19, 2015 7:45 PM EST

I guess so... I just hope Delphine doesn't find out and tell me to kill it. O_o

• 125 posts
    February 19, 2015 7:46 PM EST

A similar thing happened to me on another playthrough -- and as if that wasn't enough, Hadvar was following me around Whiterun too. XD

• 125 posts
    February 19, 2015 7:47 PM EST

Goodness, that's odd. o_o But hilarious!

• 125 posts
    February 19, 2015 7:58 PM EST

Now those are unique stories! XD

• 457 posts
    February 19, 2015 8:23 PM EST

I've had that experience as well xD

• 125 posts
    February 19, 2015 9:23 PM EST

Darn it, Hadvar! XD

• 159 posts
    February 20, 2015 9:49 AM EST

I was honestly scared when it happend....

• 125 posts
    February 20, 2015 9:51 AM EST

Well, at least he wasn't feeding on you. ^^"

• 159 posts
    February 20, 2015 9:53 AM EST

Haha true

• February 21, 2015 5:33 PM EST

(This happened like, A minute ago.)

Right at the start of the game, I ran up the stairs, Although Alduin didn't smash the wall for a moment or so longer. Then, He did that, then, before Breathing Fire, Just flew off. Then, Looped back and Went in the Animation again, then just... Away! Then, Y'know, he decided and did it.

I think Alduin needs Help finding places.

• 125 posts
    February 21, 2015 10:01 PM EST

Yeah, I'd say he could certainly benefit from a map or maybe even a Dwemer GPS.

Hey, those ruins are so big, you KNOW they had to have made at least one. 

• February 21, 2015 10:05 PM EST

I find it peculiar the Dwemer ruins font have Robot Horses and stuff. Not even a Railway.

• 125 posts
    February 21, 2015 10:35 PM EST

All they've got are killer robots and underground games of whack-a-mole. I dunno, maybe they didn't get around to it in time?