Forums » The Lounge

Freaking Kids!!!

• 38 posts
    May 29, 2015 7:41 PM EDT
    I was laying on the couch the other night watching Netflix and my 2yr old strolled over dumped her ice water on my head then bounced the cup off my face then continued building her Jake and the Pirates lego ship.
    • 1467 posts
    May 29, 2015 8:42 PM EDT

So Shin, is 8 when it stops or is number 9, 10 and 11 going to come through. Maybe if you have enough you can have your own T.V show 

Also congrats on number 8.

• 457 posts
    May 29, 2015 11:13 PM EDT
    My wife says they don't know any better, but I GUARANTEE that if you did that to your daughter, she most definitely would know that's sick and wrong.

(And Jake and the Neverland Pirates is just rubbing salt in the wound) xD
    • 457 posts
    May 29, 2015 11:48 PM EDT
    Hey thanks DB :D

Don't know about a tv show... what with the tv MA reading that would have to go with it xD
    • 149 posts
    May 30, 2015 12:13 AM EDT

This put a smile on my face. I don't know why. I don't have kids. But I still find it amusing. 

By the way... if you're already on the 8th kid, why are you asking us if you should've gotten a dog instead? Do you have any dogs? If not, then in terms of dogs versus babies you sound like you've got plenty of brand loyalty to justify your decision. XD

• 58 posts
    May 30, 2015 12:49 AM EDT

I am saying:

• 457 posts
    May 30, 2015 1:46 AM EDT
    You caught me... I was just venting ;D
    • 457 posts
    May 30, 2015 1:53 AM EDT
    Hmmmm. Act like a man, huh? That's so crazy it just might work...
    • 184 posts
    October 7, 2015 9:43 AM EDT

Cats for me, please. They're soft and cute, and also get bored of your company at about the same time as you get bored of theirs. 

• 457 posts
    October 7, 2015 7:44 PM EDT

and also get bored of your company at about the same time as you get bored of theirs.

Not so with kids: the amount of time they want to spend with you is inversely proportionate to the amount of time you want to spend with them xD

• 95 posts
    October 7, 2015 8:02 PM EDT
    I once kicked my dad in the jaw when he tickled me and I chipped two teeth. I was about 3.
    • 98 posts
    October 7, 2015 9:02 PM EDT

Jesus, the kids always go for the nose. ALWAYS.

• 457 posts
    October 7, 2015 9:10 PM EDT
    Actually there's ONE other place you can expect to get hammered on, and it's certainly no less painful... kid are short xD
    • 457 posts
    October 7, 2015 9:12 PM EDT
    That's actually a pretty impressive kick for a three year old... I'm sure he was upset, but I'd also be willing to bet that a part of him was at least a LITTLE bit proud. ;D
    • 95 posts
    October 7, 2015 9:20 PM EDT
    Yeah. He's never let me forget it either.
    I'm sure that in between the "Aw! Ouch!" shouts he wanted to say "nice kick."
    • 184 posts
    October 8, 2015 12:23 AM EDT

Ah, Shin, I know that all too well. XD I have a 2-year-old cousin whom I see almost every day, and he is the most annoying (and at times horrible) child I have ever had to entertain.

• 394 posts
    October 9, 2015 6:03 PM EDT

Guys, and gals! Kids are great! Or can be. Demanding yes, fun double yes.  That's how I feel about mine anyway 

• 622 posts
    October 9, 2015 6:17 PM EDT

My girlfriend's younger brother (a two year old!) is over for the weekend. I love him, but why does he like bending my Pokemon cards?! D:<

• 627 posts
    October 9, 2015 6:19 PM EDT

I know this isn't directly related to kids but...

I got told off once by this woman in a movie theater for making jokes about Andy from "According to Jim" and how he borrows the kids so he can watch movies without looking like a creep.

• 411 posts
    October 9, 2015 6:27 PM EDT
    My 4 year old Nephew once hit me with a rock.
    • 457 posts
    October 9, 2015 7:21 PM EDT

The fun ALWAYS outweighs the frustrating, doesn't it ;D

• 457 posts
    October 9, 2015 7:30 PM EDT

They're little bundles of chaos... I caught my 5 year old punching a knitting needle into our sofa. My first question was, "Why would he DO that?" There really is no answer to that question--it's why kids always tell you, "I don't know" when you ask them that.

The second (and probably more confusing) question was, "Why do we even HAVE a knitting needle?"

• 457 posts
    October 9, 2015 7:33 PM EDT

I forgot how funny that show could be sometimes (I'll never hear the name Djibouti the same way ever again xD).

• 394 posts
    October 9, 2015 7:35 PM EDT

Yep! As long as you keep a cushion handy. Although even that's stopped now

• 457 posts
    October 9, 2015 7:37 PM EDT

When I was 11, my 2 year old sister woke me up by hitting me in the face with one of those wooden meat tenderizer mallets. That hurt a bit. By the time they are 4, however, they develop a pretty strong arm... I hope it wasn't a direct hit ;D