Forums » Elder Scrolls

Where do think the TES VI be located?

• 161 posts
    February 13, 2015 7:29 PM EST

I heard It will be located in Argonia, but I want it to be located in Summerset.

• 133 posts
    February 18, 2015 4:01 PM EST
    It's not gonna be set in argonia. That was just a rumor.
    • 161 posts
    February 18, 2015 4:03 PM EST
    I know that's why I said "Heard"
    • 87 posts
    February 18, 2015 4:04 PM EST

Hopefully the region encompassing both Valenwood and Elsweyr. They could call the game something like "Dominion" and then disappoint us when they say that Summerset will not be featured - what an opportunity!

• 44 posts
    February 19, 2015 12:49 AM EST
    Lol! Sounds about right!
    • 7 posts
    February 19, 2015 12:47 PM EST

Black Marsh is a big possibility since it hasn't been the main location in a game ,unless you include Stormhold but most people forget about TES travels games, and it also has some of the perfect Lore setting for the Dark Brotherhood and the Shadowscales. It also would have the possibility of the Argonians trying to invade Morrowind for a bit of revenge. The biggest thing that would be a pain to deal with or for the developers to incorporate is that the Argonians would have worse racism than the Nords and would be bigots towards the character if he/she wasn't argonian and that isn't counting how hard it would be to put a population of non-argonian NPC's and make them fit into the story and Lore and if your character is a non-argonian how they ended up in Black Marsh. just a bit of food for thought. (P.S. it would be a really weird game if almost everybody you meet is a walking talking lizard.)

• 268 posts
    February 19, 2015 3:23 PM EST
    Yeah, Black Marsh likely wouldn't work since pretty much everyone there would be an Argonian, and it would make no sense having other races. I'm leaning more towards Hammerfell, as it seems the most open and less likely to be entirely populated by one single race (like Argonians in Black Marsh and Altmer on Summerset Isles).
  • February 19, 2015 3:38 PM EST

I think there are two big candidates, with a few caveats.

• The main one, and the one I think makes the most sense, is Alinor (the Summerset Isle). Given how important the Great War and the resurgence of the Aldmeri Dominion was to Skyrim's story, it would make a lot of sense to set the next game right in the heart of the problem. The story could be about whatever the Thalmor are up to, and freeing the Dominion from their control. (sorry, Vaz)
      • The one big problem with this is that, under the Thalmor, Alinor has been racially purged. They really don't like even other elves (even other Altmer with non-Altmer blood!) there. That makes it unlikely they'd want nine other races running around, solving crimes, etc.
      • Alinor is also a pretty civilized area...from what we know. It makes sense that Skyrim would be stuffed to the gills with monsters and such, given that the harshness of the land discourages wide-spread settlement and cultivation. Can the same be said of temperate islands full of mages?
      • One way might be to expand the playing area to the whole Dominion...or, at least Valenwood and maybe Elswyr.
    • The other option is Hammerfell. It's not been the subject of a game in a long time, and the hot, desert setting would contrast with Skyrim's cold north nicely. It, too, has recently been the subject of incursion by the Dominion. That sets up a lot of potential with the region still rebuilding. And you have an excuse to have the place crawling with non-Redguard, given that it's now free of the Dominion.
      • The only main caveat I can think of is that it's already been the subject of a game, and they may want to continue to show new places.
    • 189 posts
    February 19, 2015 3:45 PM EST

My dream will always be for a TES game set on Yokuda. However, seeing as we don't know how much (if any) of the nation remains intact/inhabited, and as it's not a province on the core continent of Tamriel ... I'm not particularly hopeful that it'll happen.

I would probably go with Valenwood as my next most preferred location. I don't know a whole lot fbaout Bosmer lore, but I'd love to get a first-hand look at it. Between the Imga, the Wild Hunt, the Precursor, the Green Pact, and a load of other content, there is definitely no shortage of worthy material to feature. I'd love to see what BGS could do with a jungle/forest setting. They have the technical capability to do it justice now, unlike Cyrodiil.

I'd be totally okay with literally any province though. They all have a lot of awesome lore to delve into. Khajiit Temples in Elsweyr, Argonian tribes in the Black Marsh, the Thalmor/Psijics/Crystal Tower in the Summerset Isles.... I'd also have no qualms about revisiting the region(s) covered in Daggerfall. Will never say no to anything Redguard-related, and I think High Rock and Orsinium would also be worth a revisit.

• 1483 posts
    February 19, 2015 3:52 PM EST

Well, the story does not have to be linear... Like Imperial/Stormcloak dilemma 

In fact, I think Valenwood/Elseweyr is quite a likely location. After watching ESO walkthroughs, the majority of the Dominion questline and its most important (IMO) parts took place in that region. These provinces also provide the bulk of the Dominion forces, so crippling Thalmor there will cripple the Dominion as a whole.

• 161 posts
    February 19, 2015 4:19 PM EST
    But isn't there more continents in Nirn? We can't pissilt have a game this lived and known to just explore and know 1 continent. Hopefully we'll be able to explore the other in the near future.
    • 161 posts
    February 19, 2015 4:21 PM EST
    Yokuda would be a great place @Teccam because me for one always wanted to know more about the Left-Handed Elves.
  • February 19, 2015 5:02 PM EST

Hammerfell. Fucking Hammerfell.

• 168 posts
    February 19, 2015 5:05 PM EST

"It also would have the possibility of the Argonians trying to invade Morrowind for a bit of revenge."

But the Argonians already had their revenge when they invaded Morrowind some years after the Red Mountain erupted.

• 131 posts
    February 19, 2015 5:09 PM EST
    Argonia would be very interesting, it'd shine some light on Argonian history and lore.
    • 168 posts
    February 19, 2015 5:13 PM EST

I'd like TES VI to be located in Elseweyr. The story would be like this: The Khajiit realized that the Thalmor deceived them when they said they used "dawn magic" to "restore" the moons. The player would be someone send by the Empire to help the Mane to fight against the Thalmor and depending of his/her actions, Elseweyr can become an Imperial province again or an independent one.

Another cool place would be Akavir. It would be great to play as one of the races that live there.

• February 19, 2015 5:24 PM EST
    I heard that no matter where it's set, Skyrim will belong to the Nord.
  • February 19, 2015 7:30 PM EST
    Well that hinges on if they win the civil war.
  • February 19, 2015 7:33 PM EST

Skyrim belongs to the Nord IN SPITE of who wins the civil war. 

• February 19, 2015 7:54 PM EST
    Wha-? No, if they lose the war, then it remains an Imperial province and its politics will be closely watched and likely manipulated by the Thalmor. Yeah, Skyrim will belong to them like a fenced in pasture belongs to the farm animals.
  • February 19, 2015 7:55 PM EST

As if that will stop me. 

And all this proves is how crappy the Empire is.