Forums » Elder Scrolls

My Name...Explained

• February 3, 2015 6:01 PM EST

Mine is my real name. I can't remember why I went with it. Generally I use Gotis or Gotis_C on forums and in video games. In real life most people call me J.R.

• 622 posts
    February 3, 2015 6:30 PM EST

Tae-Rai, after my main DB and my first character to do absolutely bloody EVERYTHING in the game.

• 409 posts
    February 3, 2015 7:48 PM EST
    Master Dread was the name of my first Skyrim character and at 14 years old it is hard to come up with decent sounding names for your characters. The "of the Ebon Raiders" part has to do with ESO guild that I helped found.
    • 63 posts
    February 3, 2015 7:51 PM EST

i remember kaiser sea horse, cool card.

my first card was Trent.

• 122 posts
    February 4, 2015 4:43 AM EST

So, I'm Lazy and back then, I was a diehard J-Rocker and loved to Rock all the time. Hence, Lazy Rocktime.

• 23 posts
    February 4, 2015 4:58 AM EST

Morthevin is a name I created from the Latin word 'Mortis'. 'Hevin' is just there.

• 557 posts
    February 4, 2015 9:15 AM EST

My name is rather simple. Emer Dareloth was the first Gray Fox, and is (in my opinion) one of the most interesting characters to date (he carried a curse that caused people to forget him. Who knows what this could have let him do!)

• 2 posts
    February 4, 2015 9:20 AM EST
    My name is pretty simple, base off of my xbox gamertag (Fr0z3nL3g4cy) but all of my online friends call me ice from my Clash of Clans days.
    • 92 posts
    February 4, 2015 10:18 AM EST

I love the Kingkiller Chronicles

• 268 posts
    February 4, 2015 3:58 PM EST
    I like this discussion! Even if it wasn't intended to be a "explain ya name" thread...

I originally had Samjt, which was taken from my gamertag, which also has some numbers on the end, fairly sure I've posted it here before, if you really wanna play with me you can search it. It's taken from my name of Sam, then my middle and last name initials (J and T). I have known some people to pronounce it Samjit or something similar, since I never capitalised the letters, but I say it Sam Jay Tee.

Raidriar was the name I switched to a year or so ago, mostly because it sounds cooler. It's taken from the antagonist of the same name in the popular Infinit Blade app series. It also came with some wicked looking screenshots/art so it seemed a worthy choice.
    • 30 posts
    February 4, 2015 5:33 PM EST
    Mine's Warlocksg for a very simple reason. Initially developed to mimic the handle W4arl0ck (anyone who's in IT security or aware of hacker culture would know what that is), I quickly associated it to my new found love of the dark arts online, when I played neverwinter and NW2 and a dark Mage sorta character.

Come WoW, when I saw the warlock class in vanilla on launch, I knew what my destiny was and never looked back. GW & GW2 saw me mimicking the mechanics of the warlock via it's acolyte & conditionmancer builds.....

In skyrim, to honor of the game & class I had spent a considerable amount of my youth on, my first few builds in skyrim were warlock based.

Since I am from singapore and to disassociate myself from the whole hacker culture, I had since changed my tag to Warlocksg, with the sg representing the country i come from.

Damn tag stuck ever since...
    • 149 posts
    February 5, 2015 10:34 AM EST

My name basically took direct inspiration from Tae-Rai. I'd consider her a trend setter around here.

I liked the thought of having my main Argonian character's name as an alias. Rather than using Chases-The-Wind, though, I used his real name: Okan-Zeeus (which, as I have now established in my canon, means "Brings-Rain").

• 404 posts
    February 5, 2015 11:03 AM EST
    I thought that was your name, I forgot about him.
    • 622 posts
    February 5, 2015 11:58 AM EST

I try 

• 700 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:14 PM EST

The first part of ny name comes from Legion of Mass Effect.  Legion is still the most interesting character to me and I really like the Legion metaphor used to describe the gestalt concept of the Geth.  The 0451 is a refernce to my love of Bioshock, which the designers made as a reference to Fahrenheit 451, which works to describe my interest in dystopian stories.  

• 404 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:18 PM EST

I knew it, Legion sacrificed his life for my team on Mass Effect 2.

• 700 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:30 PM EST

He did WHAT?!  HRMPH.  GRUMBLE.  MRMPH.  

• 41 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:30 PM EST

Well. My name is just my real name. I usually use "Sir JL" or just "JL" on online games or any other community, but for some reason I decided to use my real name when I created my account here on the Blog.

• 404 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:34 PM EST

you know at the ending.

• 700 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:37 PM EST

I know he didn't have to die.  SIGH.  It's fine.  I will mourn for your Legion.  

• 1217 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:39 PM EST
    Yeah, he just has to die later. Hrmph. Grumble. Hrmph.
    • 700 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:42 PM EST

Ooohh, the sadness.  That was a hard moment for me.  

• 189 posts
    February 5, 2015 6:58 PM EST

Good man.

• 63 posts
    February 5, 2015 7:42 PM EST

J-rocker? Might i ask what bands that includes?

• 13 posts
    February 5, 2015 8:31 PM EST

After listening to all the npc's constant bad-mouthing of Alduin, I always thought he could use an advocate.  Plus, it gave me an excuse to use the pic of Hiccup and Toothless.