Forums » Elder Scrolls

My Name...Explained

• 1217 posts
    February 3, 2015 12:56 PM EST

I would point out that I'm mostly joking, but Nikolaj has a good point too. You have your own picture here.

• 1217 posts
    February 3, 2015 12:57 PM EST

This is official.

• 1217 posts
    February 3, 2015 1:00 PM EST

This is the name I usually use for fantasy persona's, but most other places on the web I'm daftPirate. I took it from Orson Scott Card's Shadow Saga, where a main character uses it as an alias. It's the name of an old Thai King. In the book it's translated as "In the Urn, awaiting cremation", or "dead man walking", and I liked the metaphor. Keeps me from getting an inflated head.

• 404 posts
    February 3, 2015 1:02 PM EST

figured since you have bunch of pictures with skulls.

• 1217 posts
    February 3, 2015 1:10 PM EST

Heh, yeah. I'm just about out of them now. Might have to hold a vote to see which one become my perma-avatar.

• 44 posts
    February 3, 2015 1:16 PM EST
    Being Thai, myself. I knew I liked you for a rwason, lol. I didnt auite re ognize the name in English letters but now that you mention it, I can see it.
    • 1217 posts
    February 3, 2015 1:21 PM EST

;D

• 1217 posts
    February 3, 2015 1:22 PM EST

My air of mystery is gone!

• 44 posts
    February 3, 2015 1:27 PM EST
    It went poof
    • 131 posts
    February 3, 2015 1:27 PM EST

I dunno about this cause it's kinda a silly story but, I'll forget about it later anyway. This is actually the 4th name I've taken on as an internet persona, and now as a character (OC). My other 3 online names came from characters/classes from an old PS2 series called dotHack.

As for "Skyler", the name was actually of a girl I had a crush on in high school (awww...but seriously, way outta my league). But after a while I removed the name from the person and it developed a whole new person. Skyler became my name online and the name of several characters in several games I've played since. Of course I've had it pointed out several times that the name is the feminine version of the name but I prefer it to "Skylar", only cause sky-ler rolls off the tongue more easily.

• February 3, 2015 1:33 PM EST

My name is "Shor", it comes from the chief-god of the Nords, and is derived from "Thor" because Bethesda isn't all that original sometimes. 

• 189 posts
    February 3, 2015 2:03 PM EST

The mystery is finally solved! 

• 189 posts
    February 3, 2015 2:04 PM EST

It's his surname. If you visit his profile, you can pretty clearly see his full name is Dan Mason.

• 773 posts
    February 3, 2015 2:05 PM EST

It's my name 

• 189 posts
    February 3, 2015 2:15 PM EST

Teccam is a historical figure in the world of Temerant, the setting of Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chroncile series. As of the time in which the series takes place, Teccam was an ancient philosopher, poet, traveler, and arcanist, whose works are at times influential to modern arts, science, and magic.

For anyone who happens to remember, my original name here was EasilyRemember ... I chose it because it's easy to remember. 

• 627 posts
    February 3, 2015 2:28 PM EST

I got mine from Robin Hobb's book Golden Fool, it just felt right since I'm blond (the golden part) and I never really take anything seriously. I use it for pretty much everything online and my when I play league my friends often tell me it suits too well.

• 44 posts
    February 3, 2015 2:36 PM EST
    I took MadHatter because well, Im a bit of a goof. Lol. Im always laughing and joking and mentally torturing everyone around me. So MadHatter fits well enough. Now if only I can find me a fitting avatar for my profile. Also hope to one day successfully create a Hatter build.
    • 133 posts
    February 3, 2015 2:48 PM EST
    Well... Mine shouldn't need much explaining. Funny thing is I don't even like Argonians that much.
    • 1467 posts
    February 3, 2015 2:50 PM EST
    Why is my name Dragonborn1421, I've explained the ever mysterious 1421 before, I was born on the 21st of a month and I made the name when I was 14, or is it the other way around...

The Dragonborn part is a little complicated in the end. Many people assume it's just from Skyrim but it also takes root in the fact I love Dragons and m usual character in D&D is a Dragonborn, so double the Dragon, double the Born. By I prefer if you're shortening name that you use DB1421,1421 or just Dragonborn, the whole DB thing rarely works because DB isn't an uncommon set of initials. Now this might be breaching soem internet rule but whatevs my name isn't a rare thing, Jack, simple name for a simple guy.
  • February 3, 2015 2:55 PM EST

Insta-Ban!

• 404 posts
    February 3, 2015 3:07 PM EST
    Cool, the Dragonborn race are pretty cool.
    • 627 posts
    February 3, 2015 3:07 PM EST

I'll have to remember that for next time Dragonborn. Did I do that right?

• 1467 posts
    February 3, 2015 3:09 PM EST
    Yes...Golden, or Fool or do I use both of them?
    • 627 posts
    February 3, 2015 3:13 PM EST

Which one I use depends on how I'm feeling. If I feel like joking around I'll go with Fool, Golden is for every time that isn't that .

You guys can use whatever combo you want, even if it's a little insulting my only reaction would be to turn it into a joke.

• 9 posts
    February 3, 2015 4:28 PM EST
    I've used Kaiser online for a while. My first yu-gi-oh card was "Kaiser Sea Horse." I thought he was a badass even though I preferred Pokemon. Plus I'm German so there's that too... Kneel to me peasants :p