Forums » Elder Scrolls

Unique Items

• 180 posts
    January 27, 2015 5:54 AM EST

Hi guys I had a quick question I was hoping I could get some help with.

What unique items in the game can only be obtained by sacrificing another unique item?

I'm talking about situations like having to choose between the saviours hide and the ring of hircine (I know you can get both by cheating). 

I'd also be interested to know if you know of any glitch that can be exploited to receive both items like in the example mentioned above. Thanks. 

• 1467 posts
    January 27, 2015 6:04 AM EST
    The Rueful Axe and Masque of Clavicius Vile are another set, like above you can get both but well it's complicated, very complicated and difficult. Here's a link if you want one (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/A_Daedra%27s_Best_Friend)
    • 180 posts
    January 27, 2015 6:13 AM EST

Sent you a message

• 207 posts
    January 27, 2015 6:33 AM EST

You could say that the dawnguard rune items and the rings of blood magic and amulets of night power are such items, you can get only one set.

• 8 posts
    January 27, 2015 8:02 AM EST

The Rusty Mace and the Mace of Molag Bal? Though I don't know why anyone would want a rusty thing like that. 

Also, don't forget the stuff made in the Aetherium forge!

Edit: Azura's star / Black star too!

• 1483 posts
    January 27, 2015 6:33 PM EST

Ring of the Beast and Ring of the Erudite - perfect for spell puncher characters (cloaks + unarmed)

Not sure if Cursed Hircine ring glitch works with those. 

• 189 posts
    January 27, 2015 6:50 PM EST

I don't think those qualify; they're not mutually exclusive. You're supposed to be able to get both rings.

And, for the record: No, the Cursed Ring trick does not work with the rings of blood magic. It only works with rings added by the Dragonborn DLC -- i.e., the two Ahzidal rings, and the four werewolf rings.

• 1483 posts
    January 27, 2015 6:53 PM EST

Ah, I see  In that case Aetherium Forge is a great example of sacrificing one item for another. 

Does Ring of the Beast and ring of Bloodlust work? Because you have to be a vampire for one and a werewolf for another 

• 189 posts
    January 27, 2015 6:56 PM EST

This is Twisted's thread so it's his call. Personally though, I'd say no. Since the mechanics for curing lycanthropy and/or vampirism exist for intended use in the vanilla game, anyone can get both items. You just have to go a bit out of your way to do it, but no tricks or exploits required. And once you have the ring of bloodlust, you can use it freely regardless of whether you're a vampire, werewolf, or lame healthy pleb.