Forums » Elder Scrolls

Armor Combos

• 404 posts
    January 22, 2015 4:10 PM EST

I like mixing and matching armors, I mix them by color and type.

Heavy on Heavy, Light on light, Cloth on Cloth.

I was thinking that Bonemold (heavy/Light) looks great with either Dwarven or Dragonbone/Dragonplate.

what is your favorite armor combos?

• 41 posts
    January 22, 2015 9:52 PM EST

On my newest character I started wearing a combo of the grey Dawnguard Armor (the light set with only one pauldron) along with Vampire Boots and Fur Bracers. I love how the Dawnguard brigandines look, I just don't really like the set's gloves or boots. So I went with this and found that it looks awesome.

• 133 posts
    January 22, 2015 10:01 PM EST

Steel Plate + a hood. Ooh its so majestic, it perfectly pulls off that warlord-ish mage look. Or studded hide + leather boots + no guantlets + hood. 

You know what? Anything with a hood. Yeah I like hoods. 

• 41 posts
    January 22, 2015 10:10 PM EST

I always want to use the hoods, but when you use them you can hardly ever see your character's face. It's not quite as bad with helmets, but I usually don't use any kind of headgear just 'cause I like to see my character's face most of the time.

But I totally agree that Steel Plate armor looks great with a hood.

• 133 posts
    January 22, 2015 10:22 PM EST

Yeah I understand that was my position for awhile. However, the last few characters of mine have been rather broody, mysterious fellows, so a hood is well in order.

• 44 posts
    January 22, 2015 11:09 PM EST
    Ive always been partial to leather armor and mage hood. It gives that ranger-esque vibe.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    January 22, 2015 11:27 PM EST

Glass armor with a gold and emerald circlet looks pretty regal. Dragonbone with Nahkriin, Vokun, or Zahkriisos. Nordic Carved with Zahkriisos or Adept's Hood.

I mostly just change the head slot and retain the rest of the armor set.

• 116 posts
    January 23, 2015 7:30 AM EST
    Linwe's armor + apprentice hood or
    Ebony mail + Nightingale gloves boots and cowl

My "main" character was a sneaky ranger assassin type and both looks fit his character type perfectly.
    • 1467 posts
    January 23, 2015 8:11 AM EST
    I've been partial to wearing sets of a four to be honest, I think they look good when combined with each other. Of coruse I am a fan of Bonemold with Steel Plate, it looks good in just about any combination. I'm also a fan of Daedric and Ebony or General Tullius' armour with Steel Plate boots and Gauntlets.
    • 490 posts
    January 23, 2015 10:17 AM EST

As you have mentioned ShyGuyWolf, Chitin looks cool with Dwarven.

On my Scarab Knight I really enjoyed a Dwarven armor cuirass with Heavy Chitin gauntlets, boots, and helmet.

• 41 posts
    January 23, 2015 12:37 PM EST

For me, I really enjoy using the ebony mail along with daedric boots and gauntlets with the adept hood, is a good look for heavily armored vampires

• 207 posts
    January 23, 2015 1:15 PM EST

Nightingale Cowl+shrouded gloves and boots+Red Vampire Armor looks quite cool, especialy on mysterious Characters.

On my Beserker I used Dragonscale cuirass+boots+Stormcloak officer gauntlets and helmet

The stormcloak officer boots and gauntlets look quite good with a variety of armors,it gives character a brutal look

• 404 posts
    January 23, 2015 1:36 PM EST
    Agreed on the StormCloak armor.
    • 189 posts
    January 23, 2015 5:23 PM EST

http://imgur.com/a/0SZT9

My favorites from NOACC. Also, in my Photos on my profile here, there's a file called "The Arcane Ranger" which is another of my favorites. It's also in NOACC too, but the screenshot isn't very flattering. It looks very good in person though.

That's 23 total combos ... Hm, maybe I ought to just pick two more and make it an even "top 25".

• January 23, 2015 5:28 PM EST
    That Ansei combo is still spectacular. Shame it's got that slight clipping issue.
    • 189 posts
    January 23, 2015 5:36 PM EST

Agreed on both counts. A couple of the other sets there have some minor clipping too -- generally around the neck area, where the helm meets the cuirass. Definite bummer, but none of them are so blatant as to render to combo unwearable for me. And I'm pretty picky about clipping, I think.

• January 23, 2015 5:44 PM EST
    Did someone mention that the female Ansei combo doesn't have clipping? I thought I heard someone mention that.
    • 189 posts
    January 23, 2015 6:02 PM EST

Not sure. I can check it out later today though. 

• 189 posts
    January 23, 2015 7:19 PM EST

Followup: Checked with my new toon and did not see clipping. Here's a screenshot:

It's worth noting that I'm using UNP bodies, which affects body meshes... So it might be worth verifying this on a save without any body mods.

Also, I gotta say, even if there isn't clipping ... Not a great look for females. Those furry hoods are fugly! And the giant pauldrons aren't very flattering either.

• 1217 posts
    January 23, 2015 7:24 PM EST

I've always disliked the fury hoods in general.

• 9 posts
    January 23, 2015 7:52 PM EST

I like the look of the cultist mask combined with the ancient farmer armor, especially with a bronzed skin character.

• 1467 posts
    January 23, 2015 7:59 PM EST
    Oh and Dwarven Armour works really well with the Cultist Mask, seriously a cool combo.
    • 6 posts
    January 25, 2015 2:29 PM EST

I like chitin armor/morag-tong amour with stuff:

morag-tong hood with dragonscale amour is cool

I'v been wanting to try morag-tong/ chitin light helm, boots and guantlets with bonemold guard armor for someone who lives in the ash areas

• January 26, 2015 12:10 AM EST
    Orcish helm. Steel plate chest. Ancient Nord boots. Ancient Nords gauntlets. The sweetest combo I've ever come across.
    • 249 posts
    January 26, 2015 12:25 AM EST
    TMNT's Shredder: Blades Armor, Blades Boots, Cultist Mask, and Stormcloak Officer Gauntlets. Almost did this guy for the Crossworlds Event. Fun playthrough too.