Forums » Elder Scrolls

ESO's Subscription Removal Confirmed!

• 708 posts
    January 21, 2015 4:11 PM EST

From the Bethesda Blog:

Whether you’re playing ESO on PC/Mac or awaiting the game’s console release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, we’ve got some big news to share!

Beginning on June 9th TES fans on Xbox One and PS4 will be able to endlessly explore The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited! This edition of the game features all of the gameplay from the original PC release, including all the new content and changes made over the past year, and it comes without requiring a monthly game subscription fee!

And for our PC/Mac fans, we’re pleased to announce you’ll be the first to experience this new way to play ESO – beginning on Tuesday, March 17th!

In Tamriel Unlimited, you’ll be able to purchase optional downloadable content, and the in-game Crown Store will offer convenience and customization items. Already a subscriber? You’ll become a member of ESO Plus to receive monthly in-game benefits and a monthly allotment of Crowns to spend in the store. Our team remains committed to providing a great experience to all players, and you can expect continued, regular updates free of charge in addition to our new store offerings.

What are your thoughts on this? Will you be picking up ESO now that there's no subscription? Personally I'm keen to hear more about how this system will work. Plus, we've got a whole new cinematic trailer!

• 1467 posts
    January 21, 2015 4:46 PM EST
    Honestly while I'm quote happy with the ESO plus activating for me for a few months at least I'm a little bummed out as well, I've been a subscriber for a while and I thin there should be a bonus for people who've literally been playing since the start or before the elimination of the subscription anyway, I guess the old saying works here. Good things do come to those who wait.

Anyway disregarding that little bit of anger, I'm quite happy they decided to go down this route, I'm defenitely going to get more into it now, mostly because I can see It greatly picking up now and I'd like to play with people I know, I've been playing by myself for awhile now and it's not as fun.
    • 622 posts
    January 21, 2015 9:43 PM EST

Yes, I will be picking it up but I am not happy that it's jumped back up in price when it;s been a solid $60 for the last few months...

• January 22, 2015 2:24 AM EST

Didn't Noodles post a discussion like this already?

• 131 posts
    January 22, 2015 9:36 AM EST

Well time to get the game.

• 661 posts
    January 22, 2015 9:58 AM EST

It is about damned time this game got rid of that silliness. I probably won't get it yet. 

• 4 posts
    January 22, 2015 1:23 PM EST

Im pretty sure everybody saw this coming.

• 152 posts
    January 22, 2015 4:04 PM EST

Well, it is time for me to play ESO I suppose

• 773 posts
    January 22, 2015 4:12 PM EST

Hmm.... guess this sorts out the topic for next week's poll