Forums » Elder Scrolls

Can't get PC Skyrim to work!

• January 16, 2015 10:35 AM EST

I recently got the Elder Scrolls Anthology, but for some reason Skyrim doesn't work. All the other games and expansions work perfectly, but Skyrim just exits itself after the first loading screen. For some reason I also had to register it on Steam(don't know if all PC Skyrims are like this.), but it doesn't give me any error message whatsoever. I have plenty of free space on my hard drive, and it installed perfectly, but it always exits after the first loading screen(the one with aluin on a wordwall, and some other loading screen texts). Does anyone know how I can fix this?

• 47 posts
  • January 16, 2015 11:09 AM EST

Thanks for the reply Gentlemen Wolf,but I'm afraid none of your suggestions will helpme. I have alredy registered it on Steam(see line 3), and I never had any other PC Skyrim. I can't confirm the no DLC problem yet because like I said, I can't get the actual game to start, all I get is the first loading screen.

• 47 posts
    January 16, 2015 12:02 PM EST

Steam look like the problem, me think. Check the Steam folder on C and locate/use TESV.exe from there. If he and other files are missing, get to Steam/Skyrim/Properties/Local files and Verify integrity of game to redownload. I hope will work, otherwise you need to get in touch with some tech guys.

• January 16, 2015 12:10 PM EST

The proble is that I haven't downloaded it, it was a bought copy. I will still try this though.