Forums » The Lounge

Commissions Open!

• 21 posts
    February 23, 2012 4:21 PM EST

Night Elf Hunter by Xadhoom

I've known this fellow since Vanilla WoW - he wanted to get into gaming design when we were fresh Night Elf pups wandering around World of Warcraft (back when, you know, people rped in WoW and it wasn't just 'rp' in the wink-wink sense).  He used to wax estatic about WoW's design features and would take me all over the world to find little easter eggs and fun bits.  He even did some fantasy artwork for our crew - my character commission is one of my prized possessions.

My mate's artwork is some of the most-ripped-off WoW fanart out there; sort of a weird accolade to have, but you'll see his stuff floating about the net a lot.  Because of this, he actually stopped doing commissions for a while.

He is now working in game design as he always wanted, and he keeps making art, but these days he's been in a bit of a rut.  Since we're participating in an art/change of life challenge, he's decided after several years' out to re-open commissions again.  http://xadhoom.deviantart.com/journal/Commissions-are-open-284418013

So, here's a great opportunity for folks to get their favourite skyrim characters done up by a really great artist.  It's been about five years since he's taken commissions so this is pretty good news that he's taking some time out of his schedule.  I don't normally do "plugs" but he's not just a friend of mine, he's also a jolly good artist!

Get thee hence!

• 577 posts
    February 23, 2012 4:30 PM EST

look at the link dude....this guy's pro.

• 21 posts
    February 23, 2012 4:40 PM EST

Sad truth is, art takes time - these pieces take somewhere in the realm of 40 hours to do - it would be nice if artists worked "for free" but the truth of the matter is, we gotta eat!  Forty hours is a week's work.  So sure, you could get the Greybeards done but it's going to come with a cost involved, but you can decide the size of piece.

• 739 posts
    February 23, 2012 4:46 PM EST

Awesome, sounds like this guys got my dream job, would love to do creature/character design for any company, but i just cant illustrate to save my life and my anatomy drawing sucks. Loved the 'dripping apple' on his pirate piece! Very fresh work that.

I think Aaron Sims artwork has been the most inspirational to me. He's pretty much as tall as you can get in this kind of stuff. Ive watched him draw something without even knowing what it is he's drawing, its mindblowing to watch what a pro can do in photoshop.

• 21 posts
    February 24, 2012 3:34 AM EST

The prices are on the link - if you've got another idea in mind, you could always ask him what your preferences would be   I'm putting in a request myself even though I'm a friend...and I'm sure he's going to hate me about it *snicker*

• 21 posts
    February 24, 2012 3:35 AM EST

Xadhoom is a major fan of the "Dinotopia" artist.  He's actually trying to get more experience under his belt and expand his technique a bit so he can do bigger-time stuff, but to do that, he needs to get inspiration.  Hence he's taking commissions again - and it's been years since he did that!