Forums » Elder Scrolls

What is your favourite and least favourite race and why? In your

• 1 posts
    December 24, 2014 6:08 PM EST

Finally getting this game and I wanna know what you think.

• 1217 posts
    December 25, 2014 1:30 AM EST

Redguard or Argonians are my favorites (more likely Redguard). I'm really interested by Redguard background (their being descendants from a different continent than the other humans), their mostly abandoned pantheon, their homeland and natural warrior affinity. Argonians are winners in my book just for being reptilian (Lizardmen were my Warhammer army of choice). I'd like to know more of their history and culture.

Thanks to the Blog, I don't really have a least favorite race. If I had to pick, though, it'd be Altmer or Dunmer, but every race has its share of repugnant cultural practices.

• 133 posts
    December 25, 2014 2:06 AM EST
    Bosmer FTW!! I love their history and they are never thirsty for blood or war which causes suffering. When the original wood elves first arrived in valenwood, they knew they couldn't change the forest for them, so they adapted and changed for the forest. How awesome is that! Least favorite race is imperials. If you watch the shoddy cast video on bosmer lore then you'd get an idea why. Also the events of skyrim contribute to this hatred.
    • 1217 posts
    December 25, 2014 2:08 AM EST

never thirsty for blood

Heh, ironic XD

• 38 posts
    December 25, 2014 2:28 AM EST

#BosmerMasterRace!

• 133 posts
    December 25, 2014 12:43 PM EST
    Oh yeah! Ha ha forgot about that. But the green pact is one of the things that makes them more passive, as they don't want to fight and kill because then they would have to... Well... You know what I'm talking about.
    • 253 posts
    December 25, 2014 2:17 PM EST

#AltmerMasterRace. I love their lore, their look, and their ingame benefits.

I also love Nords, because of their lore and the great atmosphere you feel when playing Skyrim as a Nord.

My least favorite races are beast races, I love their lore and their total badassery, but I cannot get over their various clipping bugs and weird stuff with helmets.

• 168 posts
    December 25, 2014 4:28 PM EST

Favorite race: Argonian, Khajiit, Imperial

Less favorite: Altmer. From Mannimarco (ESO) to the Thalmor (Skyrim), Altmers are always the antagonists of the Elder Scrolls series.

• 253 posts
    December 25, 2014 4:30 PM EST

Alduin begs to differ :P

• December 25, 2014 10:50 PM EST

Orcs are my favorite and Nords a close second. I love the warrior culture and my favorite color is green. Beyond that I'm not sure how I'd rank the others, but I don't dislike any of them.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    December 26, 2014 7:52 PM EST

Nords, I guess. They're the closest thing to the dwarves I've come to know and love.

I don't like Argonians. Like, they're the race I'd least like to be born as followed by Khajiit. My existence is predicated on licking a tree and I'm basically a slave to these trees and my race cannot continue without them.

• 127 posts
    December 26, 2014 8:38 PM EST
    I'll just sit here, and love my Breton characters.
    • 152 posts
    December 26, 2014 11:11 PM EST

Yes

• 31 posts
    December 31, 2014 6:10 PM EST

Dunmer are the lead race in my opinion, which matters in these parts if I do say so myself.

As for my least favorite race...Argonians take the sweet roll with that one. Despicable, barbaric, filthy, and totally annoying. Not to mention their part in this skooma business.

• 133 posts
    December 31, 2014 6:14 PM EST
    I do like dunmer. They're the most well rounded race in terms of skills. However I hate their attitude. I like Nords aswell.
  • December 31, 2014 9:00 PM EST

Prefered race, the Imperials for their curiosity, optimistic attitude and team spirit.

Least liked, the Dunmer for being so pessimistic.

• 161 posts
    December 31, 2014 9:22 PM EST

I favorite race would have to be the Altmer because they know what they want and also they a very honorable race. They can be evil at times but its because they believe in what they believe and let no one tell them otherwise. If I knew more about the Left-handed elves they would be my favorite.

My least favorite would be the Redguards. For one they had a war with the Left-handed elves which lead to the destruction of  Yokoda. Second the little we do know is that the Elves helped them and taught them all they know.

• 145 posts
    December 31, 2014 10:04 PM EST

I don't really have a least favorite race. I have quite a few favorites though:

Dunmer, because they're perfect vampires and they have such a huge history. They can also have red eyes, which is pretty nice. Their names are really fun to come up with.

Bosmer because of how defensive and protective they are of their homeland, Valenwood. They're stealthy and great with a bow, and whenever I think of a Bosmer, I think of one perched on the highest branch of a tree, bow in hand, ready to strike.

Khajiit because they're cats. They're also stealthy, but they're cats. They look nice in almost any armor.

And last but not least, Argonians, because they look so stunning. I mean, I've always loved reptiles, but being able to play as a reptile clad in armor just made me love them even more. The customization options are endless!

I like all of the races, but those four are my favorites. As far as NPC's and people in lore go, Altmer are probably my least favorite because they're generally dirtbags, but I admire their ability to do anything they have to to defend their ideas and beliefs.

• 47 posts
    December 31, 2014 11:06 PM EST

My favorite races are Bretons and dark elves. My first character in oblivion and skyrim was a dark elf, and I have played as a breton the most. My least favorite race is the altmer and nords. both tend to be dirt bags. both are racist, and both have evil powerful people. (Mannimarco and Miraak)

• December 31, 2014 11:38 PM EST
    "For one they had a war with the Left-handed elves which lead to the destruction of Yokoda." Minor correction. They wiped out the Left-Handed Elves long before they destroyed Yokuda.

"Second the little we do know is that the Elves helped them and taught them all they know." I'm going to need a source for this.
    • 404 posts
    December 31, 2014 11:55 PM EST

it depends on what type of character I am making.

I don't like most High Elves, they are so stuck up.

Dunmer are also Stuck up.

• 31 posts
    January 1, 2015 12:10 AM EST

I agree up until the point of our attitudes...I quite disagree with your attitude dear sir. You should be flogged for your incompetence!

And Nords? Ha! Do not get me started on those barbarians!

• 31 posts
    January 1, 2015 12:10 AM EST

Well aren't you one for colorful words...pessimistic, hmph!

• 31 posts
    January 1, 2015 12:12 AM EST

Stuck up!? Why I never...

• 31 posts
    January 1, 2015 12:12 AM EST

You my dear, make a horrible arguement for my people.