Forums » Elder Scrolls

How do you kill your giants?

• 42 posts
    February 23, 2012 9:09 AM EST

In what way do you kill giants in your game? Do you use magic, do you use a bow and arrows? Do you use melee weapons? Leave a comment below saying in what way do you kill giants.

• 23 posts
    February 23, 2012 9:17 AM EST

Sneak + Bow = dead giant in three hits.

Mind you, that's with my level 48 Argonian Assassin, Sslitheen. 

• 38 posts
    February 23, 2012 9:21 AM EST

I use unrelenting force and beat him down while he is on the ground.

I know not very fair but he is big and I am not

Better question....Why kill the giants?

• 6 posts
    February 23, 2012 9:28 AM EST

If I'm playing a sneaky character: sneak + bow w/ paralyzing poison, they usually drop in 2-3 hits. If I'm playing a melee character: wait until I'm high enough level to NOT die on impact (lol), rush up, shield bash and smack 'em.

• 80 posts
    February 23, 2012 9:44 AM EST

I don't kill them.  I leave them alone.  As long as you don't bother them, they don't bother you.  Besides, apparently, they are a protected species in the Eastmarch.

• 297 posts
    February 23, 2012 9:54 AM EST

i stand toe too toe with them with my poison swords and have em dead in like3 or 4 blows

• 426 posts
    February 23, 2012 9:56 AM EST

I try to leave them be they are gentle giants really. I love spotting them strolling out on the plains though and their mammoth cheese is yummy lol

• 739 posts
    February 23, 2012 10:04 AM EST

Depends hugely on what type of character i'm playing with. To be honest i leave them alone these days unless i'm wanting the experience boost.

A very low level high elf with ice spike can destroy a giant quickly using their greater power as long as said giant doesnt have mammoths or other giant friends with it.

• 577 posts
    February 23, 2012 11:05 AM EST

Bazooka baby!.....naw, bow&arrow. I'm like Guy and Mason. I pretty much leave them alone. It can be annoying if you're battling at dragon and hit one...then you got dem and dem mammoths on yer ass..yeeehawww

• 856 posts
    February 23, 2012 11:45 AM EST

I've only killed one giant; I normally leave them alone.  But on this occassion, a dragon upset a giant, and he came too close to me (I guess he was chasing the dragon).  I tried to stay away from him, but alas, when the dragon died, the giant came after me.  I ran (playing a c. 28th lv. character, on master, with dead = dead). He persued me all the way to Whiterun - I thought he would give up the pursuit, but he didn't.  The lousy city guards ran - so I was forced to take him out, by myself, with my bow.   I had to fire once or twice, sheath my bow, run, fire again, and repeat, until he was dead.  It took dozens of arrows, plus several stamina potions/food.

• 38 posts
    February 23, 2012 11:54 AM EST

Geez haha that would have been a depressing dead=dead way to end it lol....I guess dying from a fight between dragon giant and man is honourable though!

• February 23, 2012 12:14 PM EST

At my level they're just too easy, even with Deadly Dragons beefing them up:

1- walk up to giant, knock on knee

2- FUS RO DAH at an upwards angle, laugh a lot

3- sprint to the crash landing site, a few full-powered double swings

4- loot

5- rince and repeat

• February 23, 2012 12:15 PM EST

Mammoth cheese poutine for the win

• 140 posts
    February 23, 2012 12:18 PM EST

I agree with Piper Jo and Guy.  I have never tried it and I always run away.  They may be fierce, but they are shepherds and just mind their own business. 

• 140 posts
    February 23, 2012 12:20 PM EST

What exactly is poutine, Benoit?  It is the second time I have seen that word this week, so I think I must be destined to know what it is all about! 

• 577 posts
    February 23, 2012 12:28 PM EST

Epic man!

• 14 posts
    February 23, 2012 1:07 PM EST

Sneak attacks with a bow and a nice rocky perch to slow him down.

But I rarely kill giants anymore. I stopped taking jobs for one of the Jarls when I realized that he probably wanted me to kill every giant in his territory. It seemed kinda short-sighted if they ever take offense.

• 12 posts
    February 23, 2012 1:20 PM EST

fries + cheese curds + gravy.  Other permutations add chili, etc. ... but the original is just those (its from Quebec)...

• 12 posts
    February 23, 2012 1:22 PM EST

I also just leave them alone... most of my characters are atleast half-decent and I don't hunt them (unless they have become aggressive and their is a bounty out for them).

• 3 posts
    February 23, 2012 2:27 PM EST

Ice spike is my friend. :)

Start at a decent distance away, obliterate their stamina and as they casually walk up to me keep on with the spikes. Reposition as needed. SPIKES AWAY!

Killed a giant at something stupid like level 3 with this... took a while true. But I did it. 

• 739 posts
    February 23, 2012 2:28 PM EST

Giants are protective over their mammoths but they dont give two hoots if you take all their chest treasure. You can loot away any giant chest in the game with them watching and they dont mind. I think this was an oversight by the developers...

• 9 posts
    February 23, 2012 2:41 PM EST

they dont attack unless we go weapons drawn.

at least that's what i've seen, for that matter mammoths too.

• February 23, 2012 4:08 PM EST

Flastie has been taught well (or is a Quebecer like me!).

Having tried various poutines from various reknowned places in Quebec, it is with pride that I tell people that the best poutine in the known universe is made in my hometown of Longueuil Quebec at "Alfa Hot-Dogs", on the corner of Chemin Chambly and Beaubien!

In fact I think I'll go have one over the weekend

• February 23, 2012 4:12 PM EST

I also don't kill giants anymore; zero sport in it. Beefed up dragons on the other hand...

Oh, and Thalmor. The only good Thalmor is a dead one >:)

• 9 posts
    February 23, 2012 4:21 PM EST

Dragons do seem rather underwhelming, i mean, they are supposed to be the main enemies, but not as much intimidating as they are annoying...