Forums » Elder Scrolls

A party of character builds.

• 209 posts
    November 11, 2014 9:59 AM EST
    We all know we have a formidable character building group, containing a plethora of builds, each focusing on different game play styles. We all enjoy reading and playing these builds. I have a slightly different task though...

If you were to build a hypothetical party of 4, from any of our wonderful builds here on the blog, which would you choose ? Please list the chosen characters and their value to the team.

Don't be afraid to use some of the less well rounded builds, as they finally have a chance to come into their own, due to party dynamics.
    • 179 posts
    November 11, 2014 10:24 AM EST

You could've posted this in the CB group if you wanted to, you know. But anyway...

Ponty's Veteran, for a solid Warrior.

Michael Lowe's Elemental Summoner, for a powerful Mage.

My Renrijra Krin Agent, for a good Thief/Assassin.

And finally, Constantine's Party Leader, to support the above three.

• 209 posts
    November 11, 2014 10:29 AM EST
    Looks like a solid, conventional party to me so well played !

I was going to, but I'm not sure on the posting rules for the CB group and though it'd generate just as much discussion here. It could also encourage people who aren't normally interested in CBs to have a gander.
    • 179 posts
    November 11, 2014 10:35 AM EST

I suppose. You're allowed to post discussions in the CB group that aren't character builds, provided that they pertain to character building in some way, but it's your choice.

• 1217 posts
    November 11, 2014 11:48 AM EST

I really like this idea! So much so...I might have to put together more than one party...

But for a solid all around team we'll go with:

No snakes' Master Monk for our voice of reason, diplomat and leader.

Then No snakes' Demonhunter for our ranged power, loose cannon bada**.

Vanryl Baelathrah's Mistress of Balance for our healer.

and Curse Never Dying's Infiltrator for a, well, infiltrator.

• 1217 posts
    November 11, 2014 11:50 AM EST

Yeah...one day, when I've got a PC, this is going to happen. You'd probably have to double the NPC population and up the difficulty to provide a challenge, but it just sounds so cool. A healer might not work in-game, though. I don't think the AI is smart enough to heal allies.

• 180 posts
    November 11, 2014 12:29 PM EST

I really like this idea, and I think I'm going to try making parties for all of my character builds at some point. 

My Summerset Shadow: Runs through a dungeon/area picking pockets and locks while occasionally causing distractions with conjuration and illusion.

Zulfir's Dungeon Runner: The dungeon runner just runs through everything (literally) to get the big loot at the end of the area. 

Nelaf's Ash Dasher: Essentially a bodyguard for the two first party members, using high speed to keep up with them and deal with any enemies that aren't knocked down or distracted. 

Phil's Imperial Paradigm: The clean up crew. He follows after the others taking down everything in his path.  

A party focusing on earning maximum loot in the shortest possible time. 

• 179 posts
    November 11, 2014 12:31 PM EST

You know, what if somebody took a bunch of builds from the CB group and made a blog about their exploits in Skyrim? That actually sounds pretty cool. I'd try it myself, but I have no writing skills. 

• 1217 posts
    November 11, 2014 12:37 PM EST
    Could be cool for the CB Journal event Halifax is cooking up.
    • 277 posts
    November 11, 2014 2:29 PM EST

Team Name: The Howling Commandos

Members: 1) Mason's Obsidian Sentinel (Tank);

2) Constantine's Wolf (DPS);

3) Teccam's Crimson Scar (DPS);

4) my Daughter of Coldharbour (Support, Healer - via poisons with positive effects, Crowd Controller, AoE DPS) 

• 249 posts
    November 11, 2014 3:34 PM EST
    The Anti-Party

My Illithid telepathically controls the party to do his bidding and remains at the sidelines to ensure his assets succeed.

Henson's Sun Priest serves two purposes: obliterate the undead and serve as an influential figure amongst the Desert Folk's masses. Undead are one of the few things that the Illithid can't control making the Sun Priest invaluable to the party.

Constantine's Dwemereth is the enslaved engineer of the group. He offers extensive knowledge on technological advances and proves to be an exceptional warrior. Automatons are another of the Illithid's weakness for they cannot be controlled through psionic means. The Dwemereth maintains the ability to destroy and even control the animunculi.

Henson's Necromancer is the last piece of the puzzle. Should the other two slaves die the Necromancer can raise them repeatedly as well as an army of other undead. This weak-minded man is the easiest to control and most valuable to the party. The Illithid keeps him on a short leash.

So who wants to take on my party?
    • 277 posts
    November 11, 2014 4:06 PM EST

Nice concept! 

• 209 posts
    November 12, 2014 3:11 AM EST
    Some really great ideas here, the parties are all varied because of our choice and people have their own favourites.

Somebody choosing to create a blog out of character builds would enjoy it I should think. The problem in trying to create your own party for a blog is that a protagonist always emerges and the story becomes about him/her and their mates. The difference with character builds is the builders passion, every build has a backstory and a set of outlined skills, it could really make for a good blog.
    • 277 posts
    November 12, 2014 3:26 AM EST

When ES: VI launches, I expect developers to include stuff or even characters inspired from what we have on the blog. 

• 708 posts
    November 12, 2014 3:30 AM EST
    1. Paladin of Molag Bal
    2. Paladin of Molag Bal
    3. Paladin of Molag Bal
    4. Paladin of Molag Bal

4 sneak archers. 8 maces. Utter domination.

On a slightly more serious note, I can't remember off the top of my head a lot of other people's builds so I'll just go with mine-

1. The Last Dragonborn - Party leader/face, main tank, alchemist, and all-round badass
    2. The Nightingale Swordsman - Infiltrator and melee DPS
    3. The Shaper - Ranged DPS and summoner who can go melee as needed
    4. The Histmaster - Versatile character with healing abilities that can fill any role needed in the situation. If you need him to tank 10 giants for a minute, he can do that if you like.

Pretty balanced all-round, but something to keep in mind is that all of these characters have 1 (or more)/day "badass modes" - Awaken for the Dragonborn, Dance of Darkness for the Swordsman, Werewolf for the Shaper (though that can go off more often with the Ring of Hircine), and the Histmaster's signature ability. Would be quite the sight having all of them unleashed at once!

• 179 posts
    November 12, 2014 3:34 AM EST

I can beat that. 

1. Paladin of Molag Bal - HD Edition
    2. Paladin of Molag Bal - HD Edition
    3. Paladin of Molag Bal - HD Edition
    4. Paladin of Molag Bal - HD Edition

Four bows. Four daggers. Four maces. No survivors.

• 708 posts
    November 12, 2014 3:37 AM EST

Of course, a much more MLG/dubstep-filled solution.

• 209 posts
    November 12, 2014 3:39 AM EST
    It goes without saying that there are some power builds on here that are one man parties
    • 249 posts
    November 12, 2014 4:19 AM EST
    Seems you have a fifth wheel...
    • 1217 posts
    November 12, 2014 10:27 AM EST

I think it'd almost be more appropriate to have a "protagonist". Let's be honest, four characters in a party with the ability to Shout is unstoppable, their skills are almost moot. 

• 209 posts
    November 12, 2014 10:44 AM EST
    Obviously to make a more entertaining story some characters would have to be nerfed ! I was talking more along the lines of back story.
    • 209 posts
    November 12, 2014 10:46 AM EST
    On a side note some character buiLds would make great antagonists, a one of the sentinels would make a great co-antagonist along side a charismatic leader!
    • 207 posts
    November 12, 2014 11:12 AM EST

Party Leader: Mason's Nemesis

Glorious Argonian Mage/Tank: Bruccius Roscius' Atronach of Argonia

Assassin/Warrior: Mason's Kingslayer

Powerful violent pet kitten: Alastor's Quarra Scourge/Envoy of the Quarra

• 249 posts
    November 12, 2014 1:22 PM EST
    Yeah sorry about the name change lol! I'll eventually get around to overhauling the build. It caught a lot of flak for being too magical which makes sense and it really doesn't need two crafting skills.
    • 207 posts
    November 12, 2014 1:37 PM EST

Thanks for this info.

Cause i want to play this character in future and i like it how it is. Thanks for the opportunity to save the character offline.