Forums » The Lounge

Elder Scrolls 6: Argonia Information.

• 12 posts
    November 10, 2014 5:58 PM EST

One of the most iconic RPG franchises in the history of gaming is gearing up for its next installment, and according to rumors, this might happen sooner than expected. “Argonia”, which was confirmed to be the official title for “The Elder Scrolls 6”, was originally confirmed to be in development in September, although not many details were given about the game back then.

Now, reports are indicating that Bethesda are aiming to make the game’s release in March 2016. This is apparently coming straight from Bethesda themselves, who have also stated that the game has been in development for a long time, and is actually based on a very long development cycle. Considering the planned release date, it’s safe to assume that the content has not been finalized yet, although there are some pieces of information scattered around the web that can be pieced together into a somewhat coherent picture.

The setting for “The Elder Scrolls 6: Argonia” will make a departure from the cold, snowy mountains of Skyrim, and take the player to swamps and marshes more reminiscent of the third installment in the series, “Morrowind”. This is actually not a coincidence, as Bethesda are apparently trying to bring the franchise closer to its roots with this installment, reviving some forgotten gameplay aspects that originally contributed to the immense popularity of the series. Overall, it seems that the development of this installment is moving towards a slightly more complex gameplay with an extra layer of depth.

It’s true that the recent installments have been somewhat dumbed down to be made more accessible to a wider crowd, and this has been the most common complaint coming from old-time fans. Meanwhile, new people entering the world of “The Elder Scrolls” reported an enjoyable experience with “Skyrim”, claiming that the game managed to strike the perfect balance between accessibility and depth.

The Elder Scrolls Online Review

Then we have the recent release of “The Elder Scrolls Online”, which saw less than favorable results, as the game didn’t manage to become the blockbuster Bethesda (and most fans) had hoped. Riddled with issues in the very core gameplay, the game made some fans question the future of the franchise. Multiplayer has been one of the most requested features since the series has existed, but seeing how poorly it meshes with the world of “The Elder Scrolls” in “TES:Online”, many have started to reconsider their hopes for the addition of a multiplayer mode in the next installment.

• 1217 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:05 PM EST

It would have been better to link to the original article than copy and paste it. With no sources provided, there's no reason to believe anything in the article is true, anyway.

• 12 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:10 PM EST

I think its pretty obvious that it there will be a release in 2016 tbh.

• 149 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:10 PM EST

Indeed. This is a rather pathetic hoax.

• 185 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:11 PM EST

Wasn't it Fake? 

• 149 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:12 PM EST

Obvious how...? Whether or not you're correct is outside the question. 

• 1217 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:13 PM EST

True, that's what we'd like, but it's something that anybody could guess. Claims that the game is titled, or it's setting, or the direction they're taking it are all unfounded. All they have to say is "Reports" and "apparently from Bethesda themselves", in order to make it look credible, but they don't back it up with any references at all.

• 12 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:14 PM EST

Ahhh Idek... Lool I just figured I'd get everyones thoughts on it, Maybe I shoulda changed the title to "possible release date" or something. But Maybe it is true, 2016 seems like a decent release year.

• 12 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:18 PM EST

Well Atleast its worth the wait though right? Skyrim is my fav TES game I've played and maybe the sixth would be better, But I do believe there is going to be a sixth one because they would've atleast said skyrim was the last of the franchise since ESO is only a add on. Maybe I should take this discussion down though lol.

• 404 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:19 PM EST
    Agreed, hate modern multiplayer games.
    • 622 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:20 PM EST

Fake.

• 12 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:20 PM EST

I agree, There should atleast be certain quests involving some sort of multiplayer.

• 1217 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:27 PM EST

Oh it's definitely worth the wait! And it's totally okay to have discussions anticipating the next game. The article this comes from, though, they're pretending like their guesses are facts. If you want, you can edit this discussion into something simply  anticipating TES 6.

• 12 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:33 PM EST

Yeah I see your point, very well said 

• 1217 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:34 PM EST

Borderlands handles the addition and removal of multiple players very well. It can be done right, and without ruining the single player experience.

That said, I don't think they'll add multiplayer, and I would rather they didn't. Honestly, ever since the general loss of splitscreen, my interest in multiplayer has waned. A TES game is more appropriate as a singleplayer experience.

• 12 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:36 PM EST

Aye, I'll think of doing that soon.

• 743 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:38 PM EST

I would like the next TES have 2 player split screen at maximum. As Ben said, if they did something like 4 player coop, they would focus solely on that and the single player would be a lesser experience *cough Ac Unity cough*. And if done correctly, they could make 2 player work out smoothly, and not take away from the single player experience.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:43 PM EST

I don't want this to be true simply cause I don't want to play an Argonian, and I'd feel like I'm obligated to.

• 12 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:46 PM EST

It won't just be an argonian, I don't see that happening

• 641 posts
    November 10, 2014 7:38 PM EST

This isn't real just like the last "leak" wasn't real.

• 12 posts
    November 10, 2014 7:57 PM EST

Aye, If people really want multiplayer in TES then they can get ESO, I have not yet played it nor have I seen gameplay to it but I still am gonna get it, I've got all TES games except that so yeah 

• 38 posts
    November 10, 2014 10:09 PM EST

i know what your talking about for tes6 argonia, it was a very bad photoshop onto the cover of skyrim, totally fake and means nothing

• 277 posts
    November 11, 2014 1:54 AM EST
    I think a multi-co-op feature should be implemented in single-player. Imagine exploring Blackreach with a friend or invading Solitude with an entire party.
    • 1217 posts
    November 11, 2014 2:15 AM EST
    It works with followers, both humanoid and not.
    • 1217 posts
    November 11, 2014 2:18 AM EST
    A friend, I would enjoy. I don't know about a whole party. There's actually a recent article on Forbes asking whether games have become to multiplayer oriented. Folks here would offer some good insights.