Forums » General Gaming

Your top 10 games of all time

• November 10, 2014 5:17 AM EST

List here your 10 favourite games of all time (or less, if you don't have 10 games you like above all), feel free to elaborate on them!

Here's my list:

1. Super Mario 64

2. Skyrim

3. Amnesia: The Dark Descent

4. GTA: San Andreas

5. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3

6. Gran Turismo

7. Alice: Madness Returns

8. Age of Empires 2

9. Runescape (the quests)

10. Portal 2

Notable mentions: Pokemon Stadium 2, Spyro, Rayman, Bioshock, Pokemon Snap, Limbo

• 122 posts
    November 10, 2014 5:31 AM EST
    1. Minesweeper ()
    2. Skyrim
    3. DOTA 2
    4. Super Smash Brothers: Brawl
    5. Pokemon. All of them.
    6. Far Cry 3
    7. Team Fortress 2
    8. Torchlight
    9. BookWorm and BookWorm Adventures
    10. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (And JUST that one)
    • 1483 posts
    November 10, 2014 5:36 AM EST

1. Mass Effect 1-3 (I consider them one game)

2. Skyrim

3. Thief: Deadly Shadows

4. Fallout 3

5. Dead Space

6. Fallout New Vegas

7. Dragon Age: Origins

8. Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow

9. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

10. Dead Space 2

• 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 5:47 AM EST
    Brilliant list ! I never got into runescape as I never had a core of friends that played it. Mario 64 was revolutionary and age of empires 2 is still joint top of my favourite RTS games. My favourite Gran Turismo was 3 a-spec though.

I'll make a list in no particular order, I probably won't be able to argue the point on all of them as I am just going to list the games I have the fondest memories of playing, the ones that give me nostalgia tickles :-

•Final Fantasy X
    •Shadow of the Colossus
    •Skyrim
    •Dynasty Warriors 5: Xtreme Legends/Empires
    •Medieval 2: Total War
    •Fallout 3
    •Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal
    •Super Smash Bros melee
    •Arma 2 (Day Z mod)
    •FIFA 98

the last one here is a little strange, I was limiting myself to one per series, as I would have ended up with an elder scrolls/Final Fantasy list. I have specific memories of spending a lot of time on FIFA 98, both N64 & PS1, so I chose that, although I have owned and played countless hours of every FIFA game.

Honorary mentions- Spyro the Dragon, Crash Bandicoot, Mario 64, Blast, Pokemon Stadium, Digimon world, Tekken 3, Soul Calibur 2.
    • 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 5:54 AM EST
    I opted for melee instead of brawl based on playtime, even though its a fact they just get better as each iteration is released. I chose specifically on the Pokemon games but all of them are great :D

cannot believe I forgot COD, MW1 and WAW were the best FPSs I've ever played.
    • 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 5:56 AM EST
    Well done on giving those an order, never been keen on dead space myself though. Never got around the playing DA: Origins either, going to pick up Inquisition though.
    • 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 5:57 AM EST
    I expected to see more SNES/Sega games on your list!
    • 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 5:58 AM EST
    Did you ever play Modern Warfares single player campaign ? I personally think it outshines any Medal of Honor campaign. However that is the only COD I can say does that.
    • 1483 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:00 AM EST

You must've missed the promotion event then. DA:Origins was free on Origin recently 

• 622 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:01 AM EST

Hm tricky, but here we go!

1. Spyro the Dragon

2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

3. Pokemon (all of them)

4. Assassin's Creed: Black Flag

5. Fallout: New Vegas

6. TES: IV Oblivion

7. Assassins Creed

8. Crash Bandicoot

9. Assassin's Creed II

10. Mario Kart 64

This was hard!  So many good games! Arkham series should have been in there, as of Bulletstorm, the other AC games, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Super Smash Brothers, Infamous...

• November 10, 2014 6:03 AM EST

I actually hesitate between GT1, GT2, GT3 and GT4. Ultimately I say GT1 because that's the one I played with friends the most, it was fun.

Honorary mentions I'd also say Spyro (1 2 and 3), Rayman (the PS1 versions), Pokemon Stadium 2, Soul Calibur 2 and Bioshock.

See I hesitated to put Spyro/Rayman in there but I put Alice instead because that game does what those two games did better, it's a better adventure game while having a theme/story that really moved me.

• 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:10 AM EST
    MW2 campaign was average at best, the multiplayer was enjoyable though. I only ever did one playthrough of airborne, it was fun, didn't ever stick out to me as a world beater though. :/
    • 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:12 AM EST
    Ah, I played GT3 mainly single player, the excitement I had when I raised 70000 for a beetle sport was definitely unwarranted.

I probably did enjoy Pokemon stadium 2 more, I just listed number 1 with the hope people would presume I meant both of them !
    • 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:14 AM EST
    Ah, I had you pinned as a pixeljunkie, there were some great games on those systems. Alien Storm, Streets of Rage & Altered Beast being my Sega highlights.
    • 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:16 AM EST
    Assassins creed is a sore spot for me. Assassins creed one's setting was far more appealing to me than any settings since, yet AC2 did was AC1 should have done.

I think they should take black flags mechanics and make a new franchise, just a pirate/naval based game. Perhaps incorporate the features of that minigame you play in the cabin as well.
  • November 10, 2014 6:16 AM EST

What pissed me about Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 was that if you didn't have a gameboy with the pokemon games, you had to pick crappy rental pokemon, and the game was almost impossible to finish. Pokemon Stadium should have been a standalone game, it shouldn't have relied on another game to work.

• 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:17 AM EST
    Nope I have it ! I made sure I signed in to grab it haha ! I won't have the time to play it for a while though.
    • 622 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:18 AM EST

It was one of the best series for me. I could have out soooo many more in there, but alas, ten spots :(

• 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:19 AM EST
    You're right, even if Training pokemon consisted of mini games to level certain stats or something. The rental pokemons movesets were awful.
    • 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:20 AM EST
    They've become stale over time for me personally. Still, the first 2 were amazing.
  • November 10, 2014 6:23 AM EST

I played all PS1 Spyro games, the coolest moment was at the end of 1 (or was it the second) when you could finally fly Spyro and no longer just glide . I also liked the Co-op one they did on PS3, was fun playing with a friend.

• 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:29 AM EST
    I think that was number 2 wasn't it ?
    • 1483 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:39 AM EST

Might be wise to play it prior to playing Inquisition. Your choices will shape the world of Inquisition through DA: Keep

• 209 posts
    November 10, 2014 6:45 AM EST
    I really don't think i'll have the time to get though it in a week and a bit. I'll be picking up DA:I on release day.
  • November 10, 2014 6:52 AM EST

I'm going through Mass Effect 1 & 2 now, heard so much about it that I had to try it out. Will see if it's as good as they say.