Forums » Elder Scrolls

Most Powerful Daedric Prince?

• 743 posts
    November 8, 2014 9:37 PM EST
    Hey guys, lately I've been asking myself, "Who is the most powerful daedric prince?" So I did a bit of research and most people say Sheorgerath used to be the most powerful, until the daedric princes turned him into the God of madness because they were afraid of his power. Who do you guys think is the most powerful daedric prince?
    • 8 posts
    November 8, 2014 9:42 PM EST

My guess would be Jyggalag (Based off what I've read, too!)...who, of course...is (Or was) Sheogorath o; But is the power still there post-split? O:

Though I hear that Meridia used to be an Aedra or something...so they might be more powerful? O:

• 743 posts
    November 8, 2014 9:54 PM EST

That's what I'm thinking regarding Sheogerath. Never heard that Meridia rumor, interesting.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 9, 2014 1:09 AM EST

Magna Ge.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 9, 2014 1:25 AM EST

I don't remember if Jyggalag being said to be the most powerful, just that the other Daedric Princes hated him. I'm inclined to think their hatred was because of his overwhelming Anuic (Orderly) embodiment.

I've got strong inklings some Princes are more powerful than others, but I'd probably list my lord, Hermaeus Mora with Boethiah, Azura, Mephala, Mehrunes Dagon, Molag Bal, Sheogorath/Jyggalag, and Nocturnal.

• 10 posts
    November 9, 2014 1:39 AM EST
    Lorkhan was, if you believe the Mythic Dawn.
    Jyggalag might have been, but nobody's heard from him in 200 years.
    Sheogorath used to be Jyggalag before the Champion of Cyrodiil came along. He's also referred to as a "Sithis-shaped hole," meaning he would have power directly from Padomay.
    Meridia was, or still is, a Magna Ge. Although we don't know how powerful the Magna Ge are, she is suspected to have strong connections to other Aedric gods.
    After the Oblivion Crisis many would assume Mehrunes Dagon to be the most powerful, but I've heard he may just be Hermaeus Mora's pawn.
    Azura can see the future, which makes her powerful in a less combat-oriented sense.
    Hermaeus Mora may not be the strongest of the Princes per say, but it's pretty safe to assume he's got his tentacles in more pies than we even know exist.
    If a single Daedric Prince grew powerful enough to threaten the others, they'd either rule the known universe or get killed or warped like Jyggalag by the other Princes. Old Hermaeus is the only Prince with both the subtlety and motivation to successfully rule the others.
    • 10 posts
    November 9, 2014 1:39 AM EST
    That's just my opinion.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 9, 2014 1:54 AM EST

Mankar Cameron is, well, an idiot. Given third hand knowledge he commented on to form a bogus religion. Lorkhan is the big daddy of Mundus, but he's an Aedra. I love that idea of Mundus being his realm though.

Sheogorath's power from Sithis is third hand as well. He was created by Lorkhan's death (his name is taken from Lorkhan. Shor (Nord) -> Sheor (Breton) -> SHEORgorath). His dual nature with Jyggalag is perplexing, but compelling even without his alter-ego's connection to Lorkhan and Sithis.

I don't even think Meridia is worth mentioning, to be honest. She's a Magna Ge who went Padomaic and created her own realm. I'd count her among the eight lesser princes to the eight greater I listed. If you disagree, I beg you to come after me. I'm aching for a good lore discussion.

But, you insult my Lord, and for that you must be punished. His power is knowledge, and his knowledge is vast and beyond his brethren. He is the Prince of Fate and Memory, and Knowledge. He is the Daedric equivalent to Akatosh in his influence and spheres, rumors of being created by Magnus himself as the scrapped blueprints of Mundus. He sees all, hears all, knows all.

• 10 posts
    November 9, 2014 1:36 PM EST
    It was never my intention to insult a Daedric Prince, particularly Hermaeus Mora. I was simply only mentioning what I think makes him powerful in terms of domination. I respect your lord for his knowledge and cunning, and want nothing to do with him in case he makes an offer I can't resist.
    I'm not familiar with the distinction between greater and lesser Princes. Could you explain?
    • 1217 posts
    November 9, 2014 1:42 PM EST

Are the Ideal Masters considered among them? If so, they definitely bear mentioning. Major accomplishments? Creating a dragon that a Dragonborn can't kill. If anyone were to give Hermaeus Mora a run for his money in terms of manipulation, it would be them.

• 8 posts
    November 9, 2014 2:21 PM EST

I was going to mention that Alduin would be a candidate worthy of consideration based on some of the arguments found here, buuut...I don't think Alduin can even be considered...I mean, as the first born of Akatosh and all... D:

• 641 posts
    November 9, 2014 2:44 PM EST

I take it we are not talking about Sithis here?

• 557 posts
    November 9, 2014 3:00 PM EST

There are seventeen Daedric Princes (here is a list of them). Out of all of these I would have to say Jyggalag, as he was powerful enough to scare the other Daedra into forming an uneasy alliance so that he could be contained. 

• 743 posts
    November 9, 2014 3:04 PM EST

That is what I'm thinking, if all of the Daedric princes formed an alliance to stop Jyggalag, than he must be the most powerful one at the time. I've also heard that Sheogeroth may be putting on a front, and he's still actually Jyggalag.

• 743 posts
    November 9, 2014 3:06 PM EST

Sithis isn't an official Daedric Prince, so I wouldn't consider him relevant to the topic. But since you asked, I've heard people say he's more powerful than the Daedric princes themselves. Very interesting.

• 743 posts
    November 9, 2014 3:08 PM EST

I wouldn't consider Alduin relevant, since he's first born to Akatosh, he'd be closer to an aedra. Doesn't really matter though since SPOILER: the Dragon born kills him.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 9, 2014 6:40 PM EST

I went through the 16 Deadric Princes and selected what I thought were the eight most powerful.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 9, 2014 6:40 PM EST

He is an Aedra, by definition.

• November 12, 2014 12:04 AM EST

Jyggalag is out of the question, but I would say Mehrunes Dagon is the most powerful of them all.

• 743 posts
    November 13, 2014 12:57 PM EST

Actually I don't think Jyggalag would be entirely out of the question. The Champion of Cyrrodil replaced Jyggalag for the role of Sheogeroth. This freed him, so he could still be around.

• November 13, 2014 1:58 PM EST

True, but Mehrunes is the 2nd most powerful.

• 743 posts
    November 13, 2014 5:39 PM EST

Agreed.

• 1 posts
    November 15, 2014 12:02 PM EST

Really interesting discussion here about whether Hermaeus Mora is actually a fragment of Auri-El, that I think you'd enjoy reading (if you haven't already seen!)

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    November 15, 2014 1:23 PM EST

I have, but thank you for the link. I disagree, but the connections between the two are why I listed him as one of the most powerful Daedric Princes. His continuous involvement in major events through agents is suspicious, to me, especially since they all involve Akatosh.

• 207 posts
    November 15, 2014 1:40 PM EST

May I ask, why?