Forums » General Gaming

I am having a serious glitch problem.

• 7 posts
    October 27, 2014 8:01 PM EDT

Straight to the point. I need help. I am currently doing the Dawnguard quest line, and I am at the part where I have to open the Soul Cairn with Serana's blood. As she walks up to the bowl, I see her walking with her weapons out, but not in the usual Skyrim combat stance. I talk to her, and then tell her to start. After that, she just stands there and keeps repeating "What do you need?". To fix this problem I have tried to use this code: "setstage DLC1VQ04 90". It opens the Soul Cairn. After this, i walk in, go back because I am mortal, get soul trapped, then go back in. Except, at this part, NOW I CAN'T ENTER THE SOUL CAIRN!!! It's as if there is an invisible wall there. I just can not enter. I have been spending the last hour looking online to stop this glitch, but nothing is working. I do have many mods, but only a few have anything to do with Dawnguard itself. And I mean, like,  only 2 mods that are barely connected to Dawnguard. I will try to disable them, but if this does not work, I really need your help. I'm stuck. I can't progress in the quest line. The worst part is that this quest line is very important to the current character build I am play testing. So please, try to help me.

• 5 posts
    October 27, 2014 8:58 PM EDT

The only thing that I could think of to fix it would be to get the Unofficial Dawnguard Patch, or un-install every mod until it works then slowly activate them back

• 7 posts
    October 27, 2014 9:59 PM EDT

I guess I will give it a shot. I will say this though: I have done the Dawnguard quest line before with a different character, and the same exact mods, soooo.... Oh well. It's worth a shot.

• 7 posts
    October 27, 2014 10:31 PM EDT

Alright, I managed to fix it. Or, really, get past it. Since I play on PC, I could use cheats to quicken the quest. It as the only way I could do it. Thankfully, I managed to not skip to far ahead.