Forums » The Lounge

Weird Scenes inside Windstadt Manor

• 4 posts
    October 27, 2014 2:30 PM EDT

So this morning I had brought my character home to windstadt manor to drop off some loot. Then i hear these bandit voices from somewhere. Lydia unleashes her bow but theres nothing to see, we run round the outside of the house, nothing. Aura whisper shows theres 3 bandits but can we find them no. Then I thought they must be inside the house. Go in and my steward is swinging an axe at nothing then, hey presto after  30 seconds or so the bandits appear. Course they were slain in pretty quick time.

I always assumed that your home couldn't have bad guys inside it? After all the number of times I've ducked out of a dragon fight by going indoors would sort of suggest that.

• 100 posts
    October 27, 2014 5:50 PM EDT
    I went outside my hearthfire home near solitude/morthal, saw a scuffle between bandits and Uthgerd the Unbroken, she being my steward at the time. I had zero melee capability outside x-bow bashing, so I shot an explosive bolt tipped with paralysis poison. I then turned around and ran back inside w/o seeing the results.
    A heavy armor bandit followed me right inside. I ran up and out the library tower, leapt from the balcony to my roof, and turned around to find the heavy standing on my balcony. I threw spiders and shot at him, then walked to front of the roof and shot down the last assailant. Uthgerd the Unbroken was renamed "Ash Pile" I believe, and I never found out if it was my bolt to blame.
    Tl;dr: Yes, bandits can and will go in your house. It's only happened to me once, but it was a rather remarkable day lol. Beef up security.