Forums » The Lounge

Who Are You?

• 557 posts
    October 27, 2014 11:55 AM EDT

Hello all, Emer here! 

As more people join the Blog, there always seems to be a divide between newer members and older members. I think that this can partly be attributed to the fact that we really don't know much about most of you newcomers (and even some of you older members)! So, I'm here today asking you one simple question:

Who are you?

Tell us a little bit about yourself! What's your name? What are your hobbies? Where are you from? We always love to welcome new people to our ever-growing community, but we can't properly do that unless we know a little bit about you! So, feel free to share with us! 

• October 27, 2014 12:16 PM EDT

My name's Christopher Perigoe, I'm a recent graduate of Concordia University in Montreal, Canada, with a degree in Communication Studies (aka film and media production). I play and design tabletop games in my spare time, and I participate mainly (and Host) both Live Roleplaying: Skyrim (aka Blackwood Crossing) and Live Roleplaying: Fallout. I also write a Blog called The Adventures of Gwyneth Hawkwing that I unfortunately have not updated in FAR too long, but that I hope to finish one of these days.

Feel free to ask me questions if you like, I'd be happy to answer them.

• 641 posts
    October 27, 2014 12:19 PM EDT

My name is Shaun and I come from Scotland. my first Elder Scrolls game was Oblivion but I have just recently bought Morrowind after super getting in to Dunmer lore and reading up on the Tribunal. I love fantasy and read a ton of fantasy books like the Malazan Books of the Fallen\Malazan Empire series (best fantasy books of all time). I'm also a big comic book nerd and enjoy everything that ties in with that. My favorite playable races in Elder Scrolls are:

Dunmer

Orcs

Altmer

My favorite non-playable races are:

Maormer

Reachmen

All of the Akaviri

Dremora

• 55 posts
    October 27, 2014 1:09 PM EDT

My name is Tom, and I'm from Sarpsborg, Norway. I am really looking forward to 2016 which marks the 1000 years jubileum of the founding of my city (founded by St.Olaf, Olav Haraldsson). As all good norwegians, I was born with skiis tied to my feet, but I also grew up hunting and fishing (and being outdoors alot). My two big passions are archery and the viking age.

I run the local archery club, and compete against modern bows, but I have always shot some form of "historical" bow like we call it here. To explain a little further, my first bow was flatbow made based on finds in denmark from the stoneage. I am shooting 2 bows atm, one a replica of the bows from the Nydam finds dated to the 600s, and one english longbow based on the Mary Rose finds. I also make bows, arrows and strings, and I am currently working on a hedeby bow.

The viking age is my other big passion, and in the summer I find myself travelling scandinavia living in viking markets and visiting museums. At the markets I usually make and sell arrows, and and tell visitors about bows and archery in the viking age. This can be anything from finds to experimental archeology to stories from the sagas.

My big travelling goal is to reach Miklagaard within a couple of years to buy some silk :) (I'd really like to trade dried cod for some silk but i'm not sure they'd let me)

Anyway, if anyone have any questions regarding archery or the process of making bows/arrows or strings, feel free to ask. The same goes for anything viking age related. If I can't answer directly, I have resources at my disposal including written sources, archeologists, historians, smiths, bowyers etc, and can always redirect you someplace.

• 32 posts
    October 27, 2014 1:41 PM EDT

This seems like a fun idea, why not.

Okay, my name's Alice. If you couldn't already tell from my username. I live in Ireland, the country of grassy hills and Guinness. Whoo, Guinness. I enjoy drawing, so much so that I want a career possibly in Game Art. But that's a long way off, firstly I need to be able to draw! I'm still getting to grips with my drawing tablet so... practice, practice. I am also a Co-Host for the Art group.

Hmm, what else. I play piano - mostly ear play - currently learning Howls Moving Castle. 

Finally, my lucky number is 19. 

• 1483 posts
    October 27, 2014 1:55 PM EDT

Name's Vazgen, I'm 24 year-old and live in Armenia (link, if you don't know where it is ). I love gaming, drawing, dabble in graphic design and hope to one day end up as a great illustrator/concept artist in a big game developer company (like Bioware). That's going to take time though, as of now I'm only able of doing some photomanipulation via Photoshop and create booklets via Corel Draw. I have Bachelor and Master degrees in Applied Mathematics and recently completed the final presentation for my Ph.D. in Differential Equations. I play and watch football (the one that is called soccer in US) every week with my favorite team being Manchester United. I moved on from Skyrim and currently enjoy playing my favorite games of all time - Mass Effect. Feel free to check out my YouTube channel, DeviantArt and Pinterest accounts 

• 1217 posts
    October 27, 2014 2:19 PM EDT

I'm Travis. I call Texas home, but grew up mostly overseas in England and Germany, and live in Utah now. My big interests are gaming, movies and writing. I'm working on two 'urban fantasy' oriented novel projects right now, and being a novelist or editor is my ideal career. I'm 25, and in college (bit of a late bloomer) studying English and editing. I like getting involved in most things sci-fi and fantasy related, and the awesome community for both here on the Blog is immensely fulfilling. Some insightful links about me: deviantArt(Mostly favorites, but a few of my own pieces), Pinterest, and Goodreads.

I'm probably going to have to comb through here later to ask you all some questions...

• 1 posts
    October 27, 2014 3:04 PM EDT

Hi! I'm Aleksandra, 24. I live in Poland (I hope you know where it is :D). I'm studying Product Design. I'm trying my hand at computer graphics and drawing. I like fantasy (Discworld, LOTR, Hobbit), sci-fi (Star Wars, Star Trek), Marvel movies, and criminal novels (Sherlock Holmes, Agatha Christie's books). I'm rather a casual player but right now I have some free time and I spend it playing Skyrim.

• 149 posts
    October 27, 2014 3:08 PM EDT

Hmm... Alright. I'm down with this. 

My name is Stephen. I'm a Michigander (as they say) here in the USA. I'm a college senior studying simulation, animation, and gaming. Writing, though, has become my biggest passion. I'm fairly computer savvy and have owned a desktop PC at any point in my life since early childhood.

Most people who know me will be quick to mention that I'm smart. I won't agree or disagree with their assessment (for various reasons). I enjoy gaming, collect Nerf guns, have a pension for button shirts, and find myself over-contemplating the micro and macrocosms of existence on a typical Friday. I live a very busy, but quiet life. I'm also a devout Christian and enjoy philosophical/theological discussions, or anything intellectually stimulating, really. Life fascinates me to no end.

I recently set up a deviantART account, though I just use it to post my Skyrim stuff, same as here. I've done a few YouTube videos as well. Oh, and I write a blog here on the site, Dragon of the East.

• October 27, 2014 3:29 PM EDT

My name is Vyacheslav Belov from Russia but I moved to america in search of a better job, and no one in america can pronounce my name . I started playing Skyrim back when it was still new, I've been playing it since then. (I mostly mess around with the console nowadays.) In real life, I work at a law firm named Landerholm law firm.

• October 27, 2014 3:52 PM EDT

I forgot to mention, I also live with my pet cat Ezra, a beautiful black furred cat who's 4 years old and has adorable green-yellow eyes.

• 100 posts
    October 27, 2014 4:32 PM EDT
    I often feel like a stranger here but I figured a late introduction is better than none. I'm Casey, called Queso or Fromage by some, 24 years'o'age. Spent my first decade in Florida, then lived in Oklahoma since I was 10. My favorite authors are Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Lord Dunsany... I also read alot of history and biographical stuff. I love and study Classical Greece, feudal Japan, and eventually I'll start researching Ancient Rome in earnest. I probably boast more knowledge on feudal Japan than any other place or era, followed by Greece (Herodotus and Thucydides "currently" but its been awhile since I've picked them up.) I also enjoy metaphysics, quantum theory (what I can comprehend of it lulz) and eastern philosophy, especially Zen Buddhism. I consider myself a layman in moderation ;P

I like Wing Chun kung fu, studying all other unarmed martial arts, and Kendo. Not much of a traditional sports fan. I play guitar, and plan on getting a banjo before long.
    I dig good movies, red wines, craft beers, good music, and Skyrim! I aim on getting into college soon. I feel I'd flourish in a scholastic setting. Prob gonna be a professor and author if everything works out.
    • 1217 posts
    October 27, 2014 5:08 PM EDT

The only Agatha Christie I've read is And Then There Were None, but it's easily one of my favorite murder mystery novels.

• 773 posts
    October 27, 2014 5:11 PM EDT
    Ok, I'm on holiday in the far reaches of West Wales with my lovely wife. So I've only got my iPad and very sketchy wifi, but I'll give it a shot...

My name really is Paul, and I originally founded this site way back in April 2011. It was very different back then! Normally my home is Bradford, right in the centre of England and now that Rune Red has sadly departed I'm probably the oldest person here (unless anyone wants to out themselves as being ancient)

I'm currently a freelance writer /editor /designer with my own business. I've got five kids, only two of which now live at home.

As well as Skyrim, I play other RPGs and pretty much only RPGs, as well as listening to music, watching rugby and enjoying good food.

Ask if you want to know more
    • 622 posts
    October 27, 2014 5:17 PM EDT

My name is Tae-Rai, but you may may also called me Tae, Tai, 'that crazy lizard girl' () or whatever takes your fancy! On the site, I am the Photo/Video Host and GM of the Live Roleplaying: Skyrim group. Outside the site, I am a student studying Comapnion Animal Services with hopes of working with animals in the very near future and perhaps even serving in the armed forces.

What do I like? Well, video games are a HUGE passion of mine and I consider myself an amateur collector of consoles and memorabilia. My favourite games are retro and old-school, like Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario, Spyro the Dragon and a few others. Recent game loves include (of course) the Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Prototype and the Arkham series.

Writing is another huge love for me though I sadly do not do it enough. I once had an entire novel to read online but have taken it down to redo since. I enjoy creating stories for my characters and living out their tales both in my head and for others to see. I hoped once I could do it professionally, though I don't think I'll ever reach that. I also enjoy art but am quite dismal at it  Character designs are fun! 

And of course, my animals. I have fifteen pet rats, eleven male, four female, who I love dearly. I also have pet mcie, who I am breeding. And then there is my fish, named after my first friend on the blog, Nebula

Hm, what else? Not much else to say, minor interests include extreme sports (I find them interesting), archery and weaponry, music and some other silly little things 

• 32 posts
    October 27, 2014 5:24 PM EDT

Crash Bandicoot & Spyro, both some of my all time favourites. Such nostalgia! ఠ_ఠ

• 130 posts
    October 27, 2014 5:29 PM EDT

Hi, my name is Peter, I'm from Australia. I'm still a student at school, and have been playing ES games since 2009, my first being Oblivion. The ES games were my introduction to the RPG genre and since then there has never been a period in my life for longer than 6 months when I wasn't playing one ES game or another. I love writing and reading, and I also have an interest in making films. My favourite games currently are Skyrim, Dark Souls 1 and 2 and Shadow of Mordor. I've never really made anything on this site, except for one Dark Souls build called The Cursed Sorcerer. I do have an idea for a build that I think should turn out well that I plan to test during the upcoming school holidays. Oh, and I'm currently writing my collab AMOST.

• 627 posts
    October 27, 2014 5:53 PM EDT

Hello, I'm Andrew and I'm from Australia.

I recently finished school and as a result i have too much time on my hands which i have been filling by playing copious amounts of Skyrim, Dragon Age and League of Legends. I tend to be way to laid back which has a habit of getting on people's nerve as my Psychology teacher can attest as she once called me "the laziest son of a b****" for getting an A without doing any work. 

So far my list of hobbies includes gaming (way too much), reading and writting my story titled Inheritance. One of my all time favorite games would have to be Final Fantasy XII it being one of the two games that introduced me to this style of game; the other being Oblivion.

I have two dogs, one who has a drinking problem (she drinks so much water that her stomach is almost round) and another who is afraid of the dark, cold, wet and anything to do with night time; to the point that he will try and break his way through the window just to escape it.

• October 27, 2014 6:08 PM EDT

Ah, another Prototype fan, like me! Very cool indeed.

• 18 posts
    October 27, 2014 6:24 PM EDT

My name's Gabriel Todd Miniaci, born and raised in East Sacramento, California, which is where I still reside. I'm 16 and a junior in high school. My hobbies are reading, climbing, (trees, rocks, buildings, anything really) skateboarding, snowboarding, hip hop, and writing. Writing is my biggest passion as of yet, and the main things I write are fiction and hip hop. I aspire to be an emcee who is successful enough to live comfortably and hopefully make a difference somehow. I believe happiness lies in kindness, not capital. I am an activist (as much of one as you can be at 16, anyway) and am very vocal about my liberal stances on most things. I am an ENFP according to the Myers Briggs Personality Test, and my zodiac sign is Pisces.

I've been reading since before kindergarten and I think that has a lot to do with who I am today. People who know me will probably tell you that I am very smart, but I think I just sound like it due to a lifetime of avid reading, which should really be attributed to my parents, not me--they raised me on it. I consider myself an agnostic atheist, meaning I don't believe in a higher power, but acknowledge that it is simply my opinion and I have no evidence to support my claim. People who believe their religion to be superior and try to shove it down the throats of others piss me off to no end, atheists included. Though I have very strong opinions on almost everything, if your opinions aren't derogatory or unkind, you'll find that I can discuss them with you in a very civil manner, even if they differ from my own--I'm pretty good at finding common ground with people. I always yearn for intelligent conversation, because I find it hard to contemplate by myself. I believe conversation is how we figure out our beliefs, and understand others. For this reason, I am always looking to socialize and spend time with others, even though I am pretty introverted by nature.

In terms of Elder Scrolls, it is my favorite game franchise, no contest. I like Assassin's Creed, Legend of Zelda, Smash Bros, and Pokemon, but I'm generally a casual gamer with everything except TES. I understand that there are many fictional universes similar to that of TES, but I find it to be the most realistic, while still keeping the fantastical themes intact. There is a long history of political struggle, corruption, war, different cultures have different names for the same deities, which there are so many of, and every race has such a unique and immersive culture that the whole universe feels much more fleshed out and in-depth than others. The Bosmer are my favorite race--I love their peaceful, coexistent culture as well as their ranger-type fighting style. I absolutely love this blog, and dwell mostly in the Story Corner and Roleplaying groups.

Thanks for reading!  I got a little carried away, but if you stuck with it to the end, I thank you. Shadows guide you.

• 10 posts
    October 27, 2014 7:11 PM EDT
    Zu'u Zintuz. I go by GallantBlade475, but you can call me Gallade, Gallant, Blade, or anything along those lines. Please note that I have no connection with "The Blades." I am a student and live in the US.
    Skyrim was my first introduction to both The Elder Scrolls and gaming in general. Unfortunatly I seem to be a bit late to the party so to speak, and I don't get to play nearly as much as I would like to. There are so many builds to play and mods to try and I've never even gotten to level 81 or finished the DLCs.
    I love the lore of TES and how flexible and multisided it is. Also strange. Scratch that, bizarre! The Dwemer, Tiber Septim (who was a horrible person), Vivec (even though I haven't played Morrowind yet), and even time is just incomprehensible but still makes sense inside that world. I love it.
    • 92 posts
    October 27, 2014 8:52 PM EDT

Hey, what happened to my intro? I was first. Now I'm getting a complex. 

• 131 posts
    October 27, 2014 8:56 PM EDT

Ning claims another comment with its endless hunger.