Forums » General Gaming

Expert difficulty

• 4 posts
    September 30, 2014 2:01 AM EDT

Did something change with the difficulty levels when Legendary was introduced. I mean yes something changed, we got a new difficulty level. However I picked up skyrim again about a week ago. I started my character off and things seemed ok, I noticed I was killing the bad guys (i was level 5) pretty easy, so I thought I would up the difficulty. Shock horror it was already set on expert. Previously I'd found expert pretty tough on very low level characters. So it is just me or did something shift. 

• 661 posts
    September 30, 2014 10:32 AM EDT

You just developed a better sense for the game dude. Don't feel too accomplished. It's only Expert.

• 490 posts
    September 30, 2014 10:51 AM EDT

No shift, you are probably in a honeymoon period where coming back to an old habit seems a bit easier. I have always played on Master, so I got so used to it. The difficulty "remained" as far as damage in and damage out, but I can anticipate enemy movements making what seemed to be a difficult way of playing now seem easy.

• 15 posts
    October 2, 2014 2:32 AM EDT

I have expressed a similar frustration here as well. As I got better at the game, I started a new game on Expert to provide more challenge. Now, whenever I play, it seems I go through every dungeon and 1 shot every single enemy, then get to the boss, who absolutely rapes me. These difficulty spikes make the game very annoying to me. I much prefer a casual, progressive challenge.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 2, 2014 2:04 PM EDT

I've always played on adept because of spells...

They don't get any stronger without contantly chugging potions.

• 4 posts
    October 4, 2014 4:34 PM EDT
    I've decided to move up to master for my 2 characters both are at level 5 and 13. It is harder but not impossible. I have found some of the boss fights pretty tough. Actually frost trolls are such a pain. Good fun! Thanks for the replies though.
  • Tom
    • 624 posts
    October 4, 2014 5:20 PM EDT

What skill spread, weapons, and armor are you running with?

• 20 posts
    November 8, 2014 2:10 PM EST

marked for death shout makes even legendary easy mode

that and any of the 3 crafting skills will make the game easy quickly