Forums » General Gaming

Battlefield 4: Favourite setup?

• 75 posts
    September 21, 2014 8:34 AM EDT

I don't know how many people play BF4 here, but I've had it since release and stuck through all the ups and downs of the game. Now I've hit the highest level and realised I haven't actually been experimenting with weapon set ups. So, for anyone who plays BF4, if you have a good/fun gun or class setup, just put it here.

• 708 posts
    September 21, 2014 9:19 AM EDT

I haven't played for some time but here's some of my favourites:

Assault:

• SCAR-H with HOLO, Laser/Light Combo (any laser will do though), suppressor and ergo/vertical grip. Great all-range weapon, 3 hits people up close with some nice hipfire and still useful at medium range - the silencer only drops the muzzle velocity to 300m/s from about 410m/s.
    • M16A4 with HOLO, Magnifier, Heavy Barrel and Underslung Rail (HE grenade launcher). Great at medium/long range and good hipfire/reload speed makes it pretty decent up close too.

Support:

• M249 with Suppressor, Reflex, Laser and Ergo grip. It's a flanking beast you rarely have to reload. Great on CQB maps.
    • M240 with ACOG, Heavy Barrel and Bipod. Crazy good for countersniping, it's accurate over long distances and has a 4-shot kill at any range. Very little recoil means you can just hose to line up your shots will bipodded...

Recon:

• SRR-61 with 40X, Variable Zoom, Flash Hider and Bipod. Extreme range beast - I used this to get the Recon Expert achievement and with some practice and zeroing you can easily nail shots at 300m+. It's garbage up close though so I used a Compact .45 with laser and silencer with it.

Universal:

• AK 5C and M4 are both great all-round carbines. ACE 21 CQB makes a surprisingly good medium-long range weapon when combined with a scope, heavy barrel and bipod due to the large magazine.
    • SCAR-H SV with FLIR, Canted Ironsights, Suppressor and Bipod - probably my favourite DMR loadout (most kills out of any gun with this thing), combine it with some smoke grenades and you're good to go. FLIR sight lets you nail guys through smoke (yours or from the environment) with a high rate of fire (from the bipod stability) while it's very difficult to see you (suppressor).
    • DBV-12 with PKA-S sight, laser sight, full choke, darts and angled/folding grip. This thing is an absolute beast on maps like Locker, with the ability to one-shot people up to ~10m away. It has a strong hipfire, low recoil and a reasonably big magazine. With a bit of testing on the practice range I found that with the full choke, the spread pretty much exactly matches the size of the circle on the PKA-S sight.

• 75 posts
    September 21, 2014 10:32 AM EDT

Nice setups. Surprisingly I use none of them apart from variations of the DBV and M249. I'll have to try them out.

• 133 posts
    September 21, 2014 10:45 AM EDT

Assault- SAR-21, Coyote, Muzzle Brake, Tac Light, Angled Grip. Medic Bag, Defibrillator, and Defensive or Field Medic upgrade

I don't play other classes too much and the loadouts I use for them aren't much "fun" for a level capped player. I'm level fifteen and that loadout alone has handed me a 2.7 about k/d. Have fun!

• 75 posts
    September 21, 2014 11:26 AM EDT

The SAR was my go-to gun when I started playing, and I still use it sometimes, but since Second Assault came out I use my favourite all time gun the F2000.