Forums » Elder Scrolls

What do you do for High Level Gameplay

• 40 posts
    September 10, 2014 10:48 PM EDT

So, despite the level scaling, it seems that when I get close to 40 the game gets much easier. Now I play on Adept because I still feel like a noob so maybe thats part of the problem but regardless, I'm wondering what you all do for high level game play. Do you raise the difficulty level? Do you use crappier gear, sneak less, limit what spells or perks you can take?

And are there some quests that are more difficult than others despite level scaling? Are there quests that you think should be left till much later? For example: I tend to think the main quest should be put off as I'd really want my character to be higher level when taking on Alduin.

• 40 posts
    September 10, 2014 10:58 PM EDT

I was considering raising the difficulty in some scenarios like dungeons for example. That way I could still have a sense of accomplishment and feel like a bad-ass handling bandits but would be doing "yet more dangerous" missions. 

• 40 posts
    September 10, 2014 11:53 PM EDT

I hear  ya. I have this sneak mage with conjuring and with the Twin Souls perk and two Dremora summoned ... well they make minced [dead] meat out of even Draugr Death Overlords while she's hiding [and filing her nails I imagine].

• 209 posts
    September 11, 2014 4:12 AM EDT
    I normally move on to a new character but thats no kind of solution hha !
    • 47 posts
    September 13, 2014 1:20 AM EDT

Since I play on PC I add difficulty mods like Skyre and overhaul mods like Deadly Dragons. With mods like Deadly Dragons, Dragon fight's could last for 30 real time minutes. They make it so that When you see a Dragon you think, "That Dragon looks tough... please dont kill me." instead of, "Ooooh free Loot."

• 367 posts
    September 13, 2014 3:28 AM EDT

I have one particular character which I've based my story on. In game he only uses the skills and perks which he has in the story which tends to put him in rather troubling situations. For instance my character (Sotek) refuses to use any summoned aid except for the blazing familiar and the basic familiar. He's past level 70 but only has about 6 dragon shouts. He's got dragon scale armour but as of yet he hasn't enchanted any of it yet nor has he improved upon it using smithing. 

My advise, don't go for the best enchants, don't rely on the heavy magic spells and don't over power your weapons. Also limit what skill perks you can have, that way you have to think outside the box to push further into dungeons and the like. Basicly I fully agree with Fade to Black.

• 95 posts
    September 13, 2014 11:37 AM EDT
    Huh, so here is the problem. Forget the 2 Dremora lord thing. They beat the sh*t out of everything, even if you raise the difficulty because the difficulty modifiers apply ONLY to your character, not to NPCs. Conjured creatures are NPCs.
    • 40 posts
    September 14, 2014 2:25 PM EDT

Interesting. I thought it applied to allies.

• 40 posts
    September 14, 2014 2:34 PM EDT

Ya, I've seen those on Nexus and was considering. Dragons definitely seem too easy in this game.

I also came accross "High Level Enemies" which seems to add higher level versions of the existing mob types. I might try it...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/27866/?

• 95 posts
    September 15, 2014 4:01 PM EDT
    No :) so if you don't feel the challange, try a character with no conjuration or followers, and raise the difficulty.