Forums » The Lounge

The Autoplay Question

• 1217 posts
    September 8, 2014 12:48 PM EDT

I wanted to get sort of a formal tally of peoples' thoughts on autoplay. At first I was going to put this in the CB section, since I was mostly wondering about builds, but it applies to profiles, too. Some people think it's awesome, other people have problems with it that range of distaste to technical issues. So, a simple poll on what you think. I'd also appreciate any comments on the question below for a clearer picture.

Edit: New Questions! Do you bother with music on things like builds, profiles or blogs? Are you more likely to click on a youtube link, or an embedded play button?

• 1483 posts
    September 8, 2014 1:19 PM EDT

Dislike. It interferes with music I usually listen to when browsing the web.

• 856 posts
    September 8, 2014 2:12 PM EDT

Interesting. I don't like autoplay, but not for the reason mentioned in your poll.

I run my sound through my headsets. If I don't have my headsets on my head, then I, of course, don't even notice the auto-play. However if I wearing my headset, then that means I am already listening to something, usually music, and therefore do not want a second song playing at the same time. If I am listening to music, and I visit a page with an auto-play, I simply close that page (so no +1). I rarely re-visit those pages.

If a person has music that sets a certain mood for a page, and wishes me to hear it, that's fine, but it should be my option and included at/near the beginning of the page.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    September 8, 2014 2:33 PM EDT

I think it's annoying and distracting, especially when I'm listening to something else or enjoying the quiet.

• 131 posts
    September 8, 2014 2:37 PM EDT

Agreed, I do the same but sometimes I hear it and stop my music a moment and get to hear a pretty decent song. Very rarely as I'm quick to close the tab, cause my music > yours. :P