Forums » The Lounge

Let's Talk: Hobbies and Interests

• 557 posts
    September 3, 2014 11:02 PM EDT

Hello all, Emer here!

While I know there have been quite a few discussions about your interests and hobbies prior to me posting this, but I always enjoy resurrecting a good topic! With that said, let's jump to the question at hand!

Aside from playing Skyrim, what other hobbies do you have? Do you draw, write, or play an instrument? Do you collect anything, or do you have any unique interests? I'd love to hear about them! Please share yours in the comment section below! 

• 21 posts
    September 4, 2014 3:40 AM EDT

I like writing a lot, whether it's stories, reviews or some sort of blog doesn't matter. I just really enjoy writing about stuff that's currently in my head, games I've recebntly played or stories that I have inside my head.

I also like to practice my archery, I've actually done that for several years now, but during this last year I haven't really found too much time to keep practicing because I have been busy with other stuff. But I would love to go back there again, as well as maybe start playing guitar again. That was ages ago...

• 209 posts
    September 4, 2014 4:20 AM EDT
    Well, aside from video games in general (PC, Wii U, Xbox 360 & PS4),

-I enjoy drawing, I'd consider myself average at it though.

-I keep fit, I do 1 hour per day in the gym mon-fri, MMA monday, wednesday & friday, muay thai tuesday & thursday.

-I enjoy watching football, be it premier league, la liga or bundesliga, playing it as well.

-I also enjoy writing when I can summon the enthusiasm.
    • 1467 posts
    September 4, 2014 6:42 AM EDT
    Hmmm well I'm a big fan of NRL (one type of Australian Football)but I couldn't say I'm any good at it but I do play Basketball.

I'd say other then sports my only hobbies include reading, writing and playing almost any type of video games with a fondness for RPG's and FPS's I guess it would have to be card or strategy games (real eons not just video games)
    • 14 posts
    September 4, 2014 7:52 AM EDT

No offence man but the only type of person that plays NRL is someone who wishes to die of brain death. Its a stupid sport with way to many injuries. To be honest I really can't talk though. I watch way to much anime and read way to many manga. . 

• 14 posts
    September 4, 2014 7:53 AM EDT

Oh and to top it off I play Magic the gathering and yugioh competitively. 

• 1467 posts
    September 4, 2014 8:36 AM EDT
    I don't play it just watch. All sports have injuries and it's a whole lot stricter on the rules then some others I've seen but to each their own.
  • TED
    • 45 posts
    September 4, 2014 8:40 AM EDT

Hi, Billy Mays here!  4-6 mornings a week, I like to go weight-lifting at the gym.  Cardio kicks in throughout the day when I'm walking my dog; she and I both love to run around the house.  I collect vinyl records and listen to them every once in a while; where I work, we carry a lot of used records.  This makes record collecting a lot easier.  Speaking of collecting, I also have a small fedora collection.  I wear them during the Fall/Spring since it's usually moderately cool outside during those seasons.  But wait, there's more!  If you pay 19.99 right now, I'll share every hobby/interest I have!  No shipping and handling fees required! 

• 14 posts
    September 4, 2014 8:51 AM EDT

Fine Ill concede to that point. However I still think that they're not doing enough. Just think about that guy that got crippled earlier this year after he was pile driven in that tackle. They only banned they tackle type after that happened, even though it's happened Multiple times in the past. If the media hadn't put it in such a light then it never would have been banned. Not trying to start a debate just trying to show my point of view here.  ` 

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    September 4, 2014 9:58 AM EDT

I read a lot (a bit of everything really, but mostly horror, suspense and mystery), games (obviously) and I write (mystery and horror, short stories). I have 3 dogs , so I walk a lot, usually around 7 to 8 miles a day. I love movies, particularly horror, and have a great love of Halloween. I also love television (The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Blacklist and Hannibal being my current favorites). So basically I love escapist entertainment. I also love nature shows, though much to my husband's disappointment, I don't like being out in nature so much. He loves to camp, I only like camping in Skyrim.....haha. I'm a homebody really and ridiculously shy, so nothing too interesting.

• 585 posts
    September 4, 2014 10:27 AM EDT
    I play rugby twice a week (I'm a flanker), do weights and other training (sprints, general gym work etc) and read fantasy (just finished Game Of Thrones). I of course like to play games, RPGs and tactical shooters mostly, but also enjoy normal FPSs and arcade games on occasion. I try to write but I don't have the mind set and patience, so I mainly think of cool story's that someone else should write instead.
    • 57 posts
    September 4, 2014 11:00 AM EDT

I really like doing martial arts, I also like to play football but only with friends tough. I enjoy watching animes and other tv shows. I go out with my friends a lot, we drink a few bottles of beer, smoke some cigarettes and we talk a lot about everykinds of things.

• AJ
    • 47 posts
    September 4, 2014 11:04 AM EDT

Well, let's see

-I love to run cross-country and track.

-I like to read, I'm now reading The Hobbit which I got just yesterday.

-Ocassionaly I write stories and poems, but I kinda suck  (oh well, it's about having fun, right?)

-I enjoy watching films and series (Sherlock, Spartacus, Breaking Bad for series, and just about anything except horror for films)

• 3 posts
    September 4, 2014 11:05 AM EDT

Outside of playing a few games i generally go Bowling quite a bit. I keep my practicing up so that one day i can get to the pro level. 

• 209 posts
    September 4, 2014 11:08 AM EDT
    Which martial arts ? Im into a few different ones.
    • 57 posts
    September 4, 2014 11:19 AM EDT

Well I started with Karate, then I went to Wing Tsun Kung-fu, Currently Im doing Shirayan Vajramutthi ( its an Indian version of Kung fu in a nutshell) I like this one the best so far

• 44 posts
    September 4, 2014 11:40 AM EDT
    Muay-Thai, long distance running, video games, training my dog... Bout sums it up.
  • September 4, 2014 11:45 AM EDT
    Video games, obviously. On top of that, I run cross country, though I'm pretty bad at it. I also enjoy reading and watching TV; favorite genre for both are fantasy. I enjoy analyzing shows and books. I particularly enjoy studying character development, motivation, etc, mainly since I'm studying human psychology (formally started this year, but I've been informally studying it for awhile).

Oh yeah, I'm a licensed scuba diver. Though I've only dived twice.
    • 1217 posts
    September 4, 2014 12:10 PM EDT

Digital media of just about any kind always gets my attention, but movies and games are what I'm really interested in. My collection of games is probably small by most standards. A number of shooters, and a few RPGs. I don't get too artsy with movies, and mostly just roll with action-adventure flicks.

I know my way around photoshop, and have fun playing with it, but it hasn't been a really practical hobby besides a few things I've made for builds and sigs on other sites. I love writing, and hope to do it professionally; I'm just really bad at being consistent with it. I also love reading. I got to do some fun binge reading early this summer, and after a bunch of binge reviewing on Goodreads, I actually got a couple of free books sent to me so I could review them, so that definitely payed off.

• 92 posts
    September 4, 2014 12:21 PM EDT

I like long walks on the beach, cuddling . . . wait, wrong blog.

Seriously: 

1) I like fitness. I run - distance, not sprinting - and I weight-lift at the gym almost every day.

2) I like the martial arts, especially the grappling arts. I've taken Jujutsu for several years, but have recently tried my hand at Krav Maga (that's some intense stuff)

3) I've recently joined the Society for Creative Anachronism. This is an international group that recreates the skills and arts of pre-17th century Europe. I'm set to start armored combat training in a month.

• 29 posts
    September 4, 2014 12:25 PM EDT

LOL that was good!

• 29 posts
    September 4, 2014 12:39 PM EDT

I love being outdoors. I hike excessively, in fact in a few weeks I head out to South Dakota Black Hills.  Camping is an add on of the hiking thing, nothing like sleeping out side under the stars it is beautiful.  I have a dog we walk 5 to 6 days a week in the morning.  I love to bake, read (I love history books and Fantasy genres!!!), and turns out I am a pretty good gardener.  I only picked up playing video games when AC3 came out, my husband thought it would be good to play it together and I got hooked, maybe because of the whole Revolutionary War aspect, but Skyrim came with the Xbox we bought and I started to play on my own, it sucked me right in, now I added playing video games to my list of hobbies.  

• 41 posts
    March 10, 2015 8:22 PM EDT
    I consider myself to be a poet, but I guess that's debatable

I play bass guitar, which is pretty fun

Pixel Art

And Reading...Is...My...Life.
    • 125 posts
    April 28, 2015 3:12 PM EDT

I draw a lot (and frequently post my Elder Scrolls artwork here on the Blog), and I'm also a writer.  And I've contributed that talent to the Blog as well.