Forums » Elder Scrolls

Favourite Non-Bought Player Home?

• 134 posts
    August 28, 2014 4:24 AM EDT

Just out of interest, which is your favourite place to live in Skyrim, excluding the usual (and Hearthfire) houses?

These can include dungeons, exterior cabins, etc. as long as they are classified as safe.

Also, which cells do you wish were non-respawning, so you could reside in them?

I just thought this would be great to encourage non-city houses, since living in the wilderness is better for RP, wherever you live (cabins for hunters, caves for vampires).

• 134 posts
    August 28, 2014 4:37 AM EDT

I'd choose the Tower of Mzark interior, since it offers a cool underground base, access to Blackreach and a trip down memory lane for anyone who finished Elder Knowledge.

It has the essentials (storage, sleep), but with a few console commands it looks like a top-quality underground lair.

I just wish Reachwind Eyrie was safe, it's a nice location with a great view.

• 585 posts
    August 28, 2014 8:01 AM EDT
    I like Anhi's Camp, it's in one of my favourite Holds with a good view, and because of Angi and her training it makes a very good RP home for Hunters, Rangers and other wilderness dwellers.
    • 134 posts
    August 28, 2014 12:09 PM EDT

I agree, plus I think Angi's probably the best skill trainer since you don't need to pay and it rewards skill over money (although you can only train a few levels).

• 194 posts
    August 28, 2014 12:11 PM EDT

A really good one is Anise's Cabin. All but one of the containers are safe storage. And if you're doing a normal playthrough you'll probably never reach the respawn time while going back and forth.

It has an interior (UNDERGROUND LAIR lol) with both enchanting table and alchemy table. And if you are RPing there is a good way to... Inherit the cabin. Let's just say be prepared if you enter the basement location and Anise sees you. :)

• 134 posts
    August 28, 2014 12:20 PM EDT

BURN THE WITCH. Ahem, spoilers.

• 29 posts
    August 28, 2014 12:55 PM EDT

I love the Riverside Shack and the Helgen Inn, I started to play MarkusMaster Thief's build Archer of Whiterun, it is fun and a whole new take for me...  But, I still tend to be "pack-ratish" so I still wanted a stop to call base, I choose the Riverwood Shack for now...

I wish I could use Druadach Redoubt for my other character I've played she would fit there perfectly, she is a Bosmer, who I gear up in full Forsworn gear...  Wish that was a fraction you could join too... But that is a whole 'nother  conversation!

• 33 posts
    August 28, 2014 12:59 PM EDT

There is a house somewhere in Whiterun Hold with a high elf mage who attacks you on sight, I don't remember the place's name but I know I looked it up back when I first found it and the UESP wiki said it was unsafe. I wish it wasn't, if I remember correctly it had an alchemy and an enchanting table inside, it would be perfect for my new mage character.

Edit: I found it, it's called Drelas' cottage

• 585 posts
    August 28, 2014 5:27 PM EDT
    And the amount of levels trained don't go down (which could could be a way to simulate more expensive training at higher levels) so I always use her around the 90s when it's very difficult to level.
    • 134 posts
    August 29, 2014 1:21 AM EDT

You might be able to live there if you play on PC. Help the Forsworn during No-one Escapes Cidhna Mine, then that particular (Madanach's) gang is non-hostile (though very few conversation topics). THIS may work for making the interior safe, though I haven't tested it personally.

• August 29, 2014 10:12 PM EDT

I like Cracked Tusk Keep. I lived there as an Orc once. The abandon house in Markarth is pretty nice too. Much quicker to get to than the official home.