Forums » Elder Scrolls

Which group of mages do you think is the strongest?

• 25 posts
    August 3, 2014 6:07 AM EDT

There have been many groups of mages gathered to share knowledge and practice their arts,such as the Psijics, the Telvanni, and the infamous Order of the Black Worm. Out of all of them, which do you think is the strongest?

I'm really posting this because me and my brother are having an argument about if the Psijics or the Telvanni are stronger. I keep saying the Psijics because many of Tamriel's strongest mages were a part of that order, while he keeps saying the Telvanni for whatever reason (I forgot) .

• 1595 posts
    August 3, 2014 6:10 AM EDT

I vote Psijics.

• 11 posts
    August 3, 2014 7:41 AM EDT

Psijics

• 31 posts
    August 3, 2014 11:57 AM EDT

That heavily depends on what type of magic, each group specializes in different types of magic. The point of the Psijic's is to keep the old traditions of the Altmer alive and well. Whereas the Telvanni seek power and knowledge amoungst themselves, and honestly my name might make it seem I have a biased opinion and I apologize for that but if it came down to it I would have to chose the Telvanni.

The Psijic's avoid confrontation and stay out of whatever hits the shores of Tamriel, except for that huge Navy invasion where 'rumors' had it a Psijic aided the Emperor in sinking the enemy fleet.

The Telvanni spend their whole lives looking and studying for more power and they collect magical artifacts to increase their power and respect but they also avoid politics when they can. But when united House Telvanni is one scary sight.

So if it came down to it I honestly think the Telvanni wizard-lords would take the spot as most powerful wizards, then again as I said it's how you look at them.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    August 3, 2014 7:36 PM EDT

Telvanni 4 lyfe.

• 1 posts
    August 3, 2014 11:53 PM EDT
    I would say Telvanni but Neloth is a dick, so I'll go with Psijics
    • 856 posts
    August 3, 2014 11:58 PM EDT

Psijics. (Phil & I agree on something, it must be correct  )

• 1595 posts
    August 4, 2014 4:07 AM EDT

To go into slightly deeper detail, the Psijic Order doesn't seem to seek power for power's sake and, indeed, rarely displays it's power at all. When it does the results are incredible, possibly unmatched (?).

I like to think that of all the answers you can give to gain entry to the College of Winterhold, "Unravelling the mysteries of Aetherius" is the big one. Yet the Psijics have already done it.

• 61 posts
    August 4, 2014 1:56 PM EDT

I reckon it's the Psijics.

• August 4, 2014 1:57 PM EDT

Greybeards.