Forums » The Lounge

Any metalheads?

• 78 posts
    July 27, 2014 12:50 PM EDT

So, what are you listen everybody? I know this question has already been asked, but I really want to know if I'm the only one around here listening metal in particular. 

I'm a hardcore folk metal fun with my favourite band being Ensiferum. I really like death metal as well, especially when they're talking about vikings and norse stuff with my top band being Unleashed (yup, you probably never heard of 'em; they're too underrated). Thrash metal is badass, too, with Sodom, Destruction and Kreator being on top and of course, some good ol' Motorhead and Manowar never gets old. Also, I really like some punk now and then, especially in the country I'm living. Greece just screams punk. 

I can't imagine having an epic battle with a godsdamn dragon while listening Justin Bieber's "Baby". I just... can't. Whoever does it is free to explain how he's doing it to me.

Anyways, what are y'all listening?

• 13 posts
    July 27, 2014 12:56 PM EDT

I'm not exactly a metalhead; I very much enjoy something along the lines of Metallica. Heavier than that and it starts to annoy me. However, for some reason I usually enjoy the company of those really hardcore death/speed metal fans.

• July 27, 2014 3:34 PM EDT
    I listen to a pagan metal composer named Adrian Von Ziegler. My favorite song of his Stand As One. Check it: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Y0zipUXc8
    • 78 posts
    July 27, 2014 3:40 PM EDT

Good to hear .

• 78 posts
    July 27, 2014 3:47 PM EDT

Woah thank you for bringing this to my attention. The only lone heathen composer I know is BanjoHeathen and this is my favourite song of his.

• 700 posts
    July 27, 2014 3:54 PM EDT

I've heard of most of the bands you listed but I've never actually listened to them.  

I listen to Lamb of God, Allegaeon, All Shall Perish, Sylosis, Chimaira, Trivium, and some others.  I've never listened to my own music while playing Skyrim though.  I like Skyrim's music too much, especially the music that plays during dragon fights.  

• 78 posts
    July 27, 2014 4:03 PM EDT

Aye, Skyrim's music is cool... until you have listened all the tracks about 500 times each.

• 700 posts
    July 27, 2014 4:06 PM EDT

I guess I'm a special case.  I have the four disc soundtrack and l put it on every now and then.

• 78 posts
    July 27, 2014 4:20 PM EDT

Yup, I have it too. My favourite must be the Sovngarde one. So much epicness I can't stand it.

• 51 posts
    July 29, 2014 1:10 PM EDT

I listen to a lot of metal (although less so than when I was younger).  Favorites include Opeth, Katatonia, Type O Negative, Woods Of Ypres, Megadeth, Black Sabbath/Heaven & Hell, Devin Townsend, Daylight Dies, October Tide, Dream Theater, Evergrey, etc. etc.

My current obsession is Burrow (sludgy doom).

In addition, I've played guitar for melodic/doom band Dreaded Silence for 10 years now.

• 78 posts
    July 29, 2014 1:31 PM EDT

Damn, that's so cool. Are you still playing? 

• 51 posts
    July 29, 2014 2:15 PM EDT

Indeed, working on a new album now - here's some recent studio footage:

• 856 posts
    July 29, 2014 5:44 PM EDT

Viking Death Metal... Try Undrask.

Another Link.

Try to give this band a look, one of the members is a friend of mine.

• TED
    • 45 posts
    July 29, 2014 9:59 PM EDT

Is this another Hipster Music thread?  It feels like you're trying to bring out the old me from my high school years.  

Hi, I'm Billy Mays and I'm introducing you to one of the best products in the death metal genre: Dying Fetus!  Do you want unforgiving lyrics?  There isn't a song they have written that was PG friendly!  Do you want bone-smashing drumming?  You better get your aspirin out!  Dying Fetus is the perfect death metal band for you to brag to your hipster friends about!

• 1441 posts
    July 29, 2014 11:44 PM EDT
    I'm not really a fan of death metal, one song or two I like, but the rest, meh. Japanese metal is nice though.
    • 78 posts
    July 30, 2014 7:18 AM EDT

Woah, first time I'm seeing this.

I would say that I can live with this, but still no. Really, the music is one of the last things I am noticing when I pick a song. Lyrics rule! 

• 78 posts
    July 30, 2014 7:20 AM EDT

Really? I think I've heard some tracks of this band some time ago, but I couldn't remember its name afterwards 

Btw, that tiny smiley at the end of your reply is... cute.

• 78 posts
    July 30, 2014 7:23 AM EDT

Hahaha I don't even know a guy who considers himself a metalhead and doesn't know Dying Fetus. 

Oh, and i am not a freaking hipster. I am me.

• 78 posts
    July 30, 2014 7:26 AM EDT

• 51 posts
    July 30, 2014 7:27 AM EDT

If this is hipster music, I've been a hipster for a very long time :/

• 856 posts
    July 30, 2014 7:33 AM EDT

• 78 posts
    July 30, 2014 7:37 AM EDT

Dude, stop it. You are scaring me.

• 78 posts
    July 30, 2014 7:38 AM EDT

That's some nice work right there, pal. I assure you I'll keep you in mind. 

• 78 posts
    July 30, 2014 7:44 AM EDT

Still, much better than pop and rap at this matter. Talk about corporations. Not all bands are sell-outs, man. If you really like the music, you'll find non-corporation controling bands. Here in Greece, we're full of 'em. 

• 51 posts
    July 30, 2014 7:51 AM EDT

I'm listening to Iced Earth - Alive In Athens as I type this.