Forums » General Gaming

Dark Souls builds

• 1441 posts
    July 11, 2014 1:05 AM EDT
    So, after some time watching Rhexx play Dark Souls, it's gotten me back into playing. So, do any of you guys have any good builds I can use to play? Also, I've been wondering, what class works to make a Templar style character?
  • July 11, 2014 1:46 AM EDT

By class do you mean starting character?

And if so, what do you mean by Templar? Are you talking about a Templar Knight (As in historical warriors of the church that fought in the crusades) or more of a magical paladin kind of class?

The first would obviously be relevant to just the Knight class, and the second could either be the Cleric or Knight.

Unless you're talking about builds, in which case I don't really use builds for Dark Souls. Just make your own, it's really not that hard.

• July 11, 2014 1:50 AM EDT

How coincidental that my profile pic is a Templar Knight

• 1441 posts
    July 11, 2014 1:52 AM EDT
    I once made a ranger style character....I ran around screaming and firing at will trying to kill a single Black Knight, I used all 44 of my regular arrows, 25 Heavy Arrows, and 7 bolts, note to self, try to hit him when he doesn't have his shield up.
  • July 11, 2014 2:01 AM EDT

Yeah, shields are somewhat effective against arrows in this game

Also, I'm still confused on what exactly you're asking about

• 1441 posts
    July 11, 2014 2:03 AM EDT
    Basically, character equipment, weapons, and whatnot. I found some on the wiki, but most of those are WIP.
    • 25 posts
    July 11, 2014 3:45 AM EDT

So I'm not the only one who watches Rhexx. I'm glad about that.

I haven't stopped playing Dark Souls ever since I got it, so I've tried a few builds, and I've got a few comments on a few of them:

Pyromancer: Overpowered once he reached Blighttown; made the game a bit too easy

Sorcerer: Overpowered once freed Logan; made the game really easy, besides the fact I couldn't take a hit without dying

Spear playthrough: Dragonslayer Spear (Ornstein's spear) is not worth it. It has pretty low damage unless you pump your Dexterity and Faith, and you upgrade it.

Strength build: Get the Great Club, and you'll crush EVERYTHING in your way..

Anyhow, you said you wanted a Templar character,so here's how my faith build turned out.

Class:Cleric

Gift:Master Key

Weapons:Divine Longsword +10, Canvas Talisman

Shields: Sanctus and the Target Shield (For parrying) 

Armor: I wore the Elite Knight Set

Spells: Lightning Spear, Heal, Great Heal, Wrath of the Gods, Sunlight Blade

*Start off by trying to get 25 faith to get Lightning Spear, and as soon as your strong enough, follow Reah's quest to get the better miracles (Go ahead and kill Leeroy while in the Tomb of the Giants) .Kill Gwyndolin as soon as you can for Sunlight Blade.

• 360 posts
    July 11, 2014 8:34 AM EDT
    Since 2 came out I don't play dark souls 1 anymore, did eveything in that game and the pvp was starting to bore me. Too many issues to be ignored, mainly lag and how it made backstabbing op.
    I usually roled with a 40 str 40 dex quality build. That way I could use nearly evey weapon in the game. For armor I used the wanderer's set or Chester's set, otherwise pvp got too easy, and I preffer Fashion Souls over Giant's armor...
    For weapons I like the longsword, the balder sweg sword and the Uchigatana, no elemetal buffs cuz they kill too fast, you can't really savor the fight with those. Also no shield, I refuse to use shields with the wanderer set :P