Forums » Elder Scrolls

The Elves!

• 159 posts
    July 2, 2014 9:17 PM EDT

Elves. There are numerous types of them throughout books, movies, and tv but what is one specific elf character or perhaps elf race that you like! My personal favorite elven character is Iorveth from the Witcher 2 as he breaks the typical elf stereotypes and is tough and gritty and has a dark side but is willing to sacrifice in order to help nonhumans and to further his cause .What's your favorite pointy eared race/person and why?

• July 2, 2014 9:40 PM EDT

Tolkien Elves are the only Elves I recognize as "cool." The fact that we call them "elves" and not "elfs" is because of Tolkien's insistence on it to his editor/publisher. 

Cool discussion though. 

• 490 posts
    July 2, 2014 10:16 PM EDT

My first introduction to elves in any sense was from The Hobbit in 6th grade. From there, I remember being absolutely fascinated with Magic the Gathering art since I tried being an artist myself. I always loved the elven cards and the depictions of the specific cards.

• 13 posts
    July 2, 2014 10:18 PM EDT

Love both Tolkiens elves and the elves in dragon age. I do love the elf races in the elder scrolls too but I hate that they can have beard so all my elf characters are beardless. Favorite elves must be Legolas from lord of the rings, Merril and Fenris from Dragon Age and Neloth from Skyrim.

• 1913 posts
    July 2, 2014 10:33 PM EDT

The first place I encounter elves was DA:O... And in that game Humans are the worst! I first learned about elves from the Rudolf the red nosed reindeer stomp motion special... yeah...

• 1913 posts
    July 2, 2014 10:34 PM EDT

That and actual Norse words would have translated to that form of grammar...

• July 2, 2014 11:40 PM EDT
    But the editor/publisher didn't know that.
  • July 4, 2014 5:55 PM EDT

Well its a elf I made up.the soul elves.they are made from a soul gem and put into a body.and they reanimate over that body.giving themselves twice the strenghth and endurance of anything else humanoid.and their naturral warriors because of the ability to transform to a soul wisp.