Forums » Elder Scrolls

If Mage Robes In Skyrim Looked Better

• 23 posts
    July 2, 2014 3:41 AM EDT

This discussion is rather self-explanatory. Better looking mage robes in Skyrim. Because the current ones are... not better...

They are bland, and all enemy mages in Skyrim, save for the necromancers, wear black mage robes. There is ample room for improvement, as far as I am concerned. There just isn't enough variety. At the very least, different mages could have different robes.

And then there are Necromancer Robes. They look horrible. A black robe with a green skull imprinted upon it. Heck, at least they could bring back the Oblivion robes. Now, I know you can argue that the Oblivion ones were for the Black Worm, but they sure as hell looked better than the current Skyrim robes.

Well, then. What do you think? Should there be a bigger range of mages robes in Skyrim? Is it fine the way it is? Or do you just not give a care?

• 13 posts
    July 2, 2014 5:05 AM EDT

Surprisingly, there is a lack of new robe models, just retextures. I think vanilla  female robes look great, but male ones not so much.

• 23 posts
    July 2, 2014 5:34 AM EDT

There are mods, but I posted this to discuss what it could have been like without mods.

• 585 posts
    July 2, 2014 11:49 AM EDT
    There definately should be more variety, different, brighter colours for a start, and different styles of robes as well, robes made of fur, wool, silk etc. Also ponchos, cloaks and other cool stuff.
    • 1441 posts
    July 2, 2014 11:54 AM EDT
    The Archmage Robes have a poncho look, which I don't like. It just looks kinda silly, I get they live in a cold climate, but really Shalidor?
    • 585 posts
    July 2, 2014 3:46 PM EDT
    Yeah, I forgot about the Archmage Robes, haven't played a mage character in ages. I think they look kinda cool, but it defianately only fits certain characters.
    • 13 posts
    July 2, 2014 7:12 PM EDT

I play on ps3 and hate that some of the robes only can be acquired by console commands or like the green robes only as a gift from adopted children which is really small chance to get them.

• 12 posts
    July 2, 2014 7:52 PM EDT

The Green robes can be bought at the clothing store in Solitude.

• 13 posts
    July 2, 2014 10:05 PM EDT

I have looked there a thousand times, are you sure? At the uesp it says they can only be received as a gift from adopted children.

• 163 posts
    July 13, 2014 7:30 AM EDT
    Hell I'm still trying to figure out how bandits can run around bare chested with just a kilt!
    • 32 posts
    July 13, 2014 10:01 AM EDT

It would be cool if there were different robes for each school of magic, but only for master or expert robes. For example in the destruction school, master robes could be red or amber, or maybe a logo of the destruction symbol somewhere for those who don't use flames and instead use lightning or frost. And the illusion school could be a greenish pale blue, with a similar logo of the illusion school somewhere. I think that maybe robes relating to you're magic affinity would be nice.