Forums » Elder Scrolls

What quest in Skyrim has annoyed you the most so far? (Spoilers,

• 4 posts
    July 1, 2014 3:27 AM EDT

I just finally finished the Filial Bonds quest. UGH. I literally searched for Torkild for hours, and right when I was about to give up, I turned around and saw him. I was so happy to introduce him to my Dragonbone Greatsword. 

I really hate having incomplete quests stuck in my quest log, so I was REALLY happy to finally find the moron and send him to Hircine. I don't know what Bethesda was thinking not having a quest marker for this, but whatever; I got the job done.  

• 32 posts
    July 1, 2014 7:42 AM EDT

I'm not really annoyed with this quest, but more sad by it - when Delphine makes you choose between the Blades or killing Paarthurnax. I couldn't do it, he's my pal and my big friendly Dragon!

• 133 posts
    July 1, 2014 8:42 AM EDT
    I hated having to kill the boethiah priest in house of horrors. I just wanted to help a vigilant.
  • Ben
    • 21 posts
    July 1, 2014 2:23 PM EDT

One of the most popular mods is called the Paarthurnax Dilemma.  It basically gives you the option to convince Delphine to forgive Paarthurnax and then you can do both sides.  Very simple and very easy to install.

• Ben
    • 21 posts
    July 1, 2014 2:24 PM EDT

Bleakfall Barrows.  If I never see that place ever again, I'll be happy.

• 1913 posts
    July 1, 2014 2:42 PM EDT

Anything involving being the dragonborn... or the one for spellbreaker... it just takes forever!!!!!!

• July 1, 2014 2:45 PM EDT

I hate that mod. I mean, I still use it, but the dialogue in it is just so overwrought and full of obvious venom toward the Blades. I have a lot of sympathy for Delphine and Esbern; these are two people who have spent the last three decades on the run, hunted at every turn by xenophobic elves who killed 99% of everyone they ever knew or cared about. OF COURSE they're a little cynical and paranoid.

The dialogue options are also hilarious- they pepper the Dragonborn's speech options with draconic, like how some of the friendlier dragons talk. It's crazy, man.

• July 1, 2014 2:48 PM EDT

Aye. I know you can knock that place out in like 20 minutes, but it's still a chore after the 200th time or so.

• 1217 posts
    July 1, 2014 2:54 PM EDT

I kind of like Bleakfall and its sort of "introductory" nature. I must still be in 150s ;)

• 1441 posts
    July 1, 2014 3:02 PM EDT
    I hate Fillial Bonds too, I've never been able to find the guy, after I checked the spots he appears the most, and after footsluggin,g across the entire island.
  • July 1, 2014 3:10 PM EDT

I don't like that you have to start the Dark Brotherhood questline just to be able to adopt children from the orphanage. It forces you to choose to join or destroy them way earlier than I'd usually like to...or you just never sleep again.

• 1913 posts
    July 1, 2014 3:12 PM EDT

You can just adopt the homeless orphans

• 1217 posts
    July 1, 2014 3:17 PM EDT

Agreed.

• 1441 posts
    July 1, 2014 3:21 PM EDT
    You could say you had been sent to arrest her, Aventino being a witness, and she resisted arrest, so you had to put her down. Also, she tortures children, which breaks the laws of Mara and Dibella.
  • July 1, 2014 4:36 PM EDT
    I don't like those orphans, Bryn. ;D
    • 149 posts
    July 1, 2014 4:59 PM EDT

Hmm... I think I'd honestly have to say "In My Time of Need"

Sadia and Kematu are full of crap. They just don't tell you enough about their respective situations to be credible! You can argue one side or the other. Granted, that kind of ambiguity makes for a great first run, but after playing through several times, I just got sick of it. 

And of course, if you don't want to add the quest to your log, you have to put up with those two redguards standing by the front gate of Whiterun...

...all the time...

...never leaving...

...until you talk to them... ಠ_ಠ

• 2 posts
    July 1, 2014 5:22 PM EDT

I honestly can't stand The Break of Dawn. It's not a quest I would usually start right off the bat, but if you wait around to do it, you have to carry around the stupid beacon all of the time. The dungeon she has you clear out is pretty annoying too. 

• 490 posts
    July 1, 2014 5:29 PM EDT
    I very much agree with this.

Having just completed it on a newer character, I did have a thought. Kematu and his men could (barring Dragonborn powers and all that) demolish anyone who enter that cave. Yet, he orders hos men to stand down to be diplomatic. I realized this and sided with him this time around and I always side with helping the lady in distress.
    • 4 posts
    July 1, 2014 7:59 PM EDT

I like it because you get Dawnbreaker and you can loot a bunch of gold off desecrated corpses.  

• 2 posts
    July 1, 2014 11:41 PM EDT

True. While the loot is pretty good, I just can't stand the quest itself.

• 249 posts
    July 1, 2014 11:53 PM EDT
    Clavicus Vile's quest. Hated Barbas. Hated the simple "clear a cave/kill a guy" quest. Hated both rewards. Hate the fact that if you don't start the quest, the Falkreath guards molest you at the gate. I wanna see the Bitter Cup brought back or a badass reimagining of Vile's Masque. At least give it an impressive Speech enchantment, ya dig?
    • 1217 posts
    July 1, 2014 11:54 PM EDT

I just hated the dog's voice.

• 249 posts
    July 1, 2014 11:57 PM EDT
    It just didn't fit the mutt :p
    • 1441 posts
    July 2, 2014 12:28 AM EDT
    I liked the Masque Samurai style look.
    • 127 posts
    July 2, 2014 12:18 PM EDT

I always feel violated and used after this quest.  That may be kind of the point, but still...