Forums » The Lounge

Little known music

• 13 posts
    June 27, 2014 4:49 PM EDT

Hey everyone thought it might be fun for us to spread somee less known. Maybe it's a group that isn't known outside your country, or some underground songs for all your hipster interests. Allow me to begin:

Dead Combo: Portuguese instrumental duet, with influences from Fado, Rock and Western movies soundtracks.

2Cellos: These guys rock the cello like no one else. Croatian duet Cello covers of popular rock music.

Tell me what you  think of these and show me some more 

• 249 posts
    June 27, 2014 6:01 PM EDT
    You and Dead Combo totally just inspired me to pick up my guitar :D
    • 13 posts
    June 27, 2014 6:09 PM EDT

They're pretty awesome  I know ha glad I helped the arts

• 856 posts
    June 27, 2014 6:15 PM EDT

Albannach: Rocking bagpipe and drums.

• TED
    • 45 posts
    June 27, 2014 6:40 PM EDT

Hi, Billy Mays of the Elite Hipster Brigade here with some endorsements:

Carpe Noctem - You want super unsoothing black metal?  We got it!  You want some of Iceland's finest underground music that nobody bothers to try to discover?  We got it!  With Carpe Noctem, you'll be able to put your mainstream plebeians peers in their place when they try to tell you that Cradle of Filth is the greatest black metal band of all time!

Planet of Zeus - If you think Greece is all about mythology, I ought to beat you with a hammer made out of the Mighty Mendit!  Planet of Zeus is that missing link you need to complete your collection of obscure hard rock bands to brag about; with groovy riffs and vocals not as pretty as Pennyfront's, how can you like this amazing deal?

William Elliott Whitmore - The most obscure of very obscure music, nothing can be more non-mainstream than old school blues!  Only the truest hipsters can appreciate its magnificence; banjos, somewhat depressing lyrics, and that southern mystique that turns away even most mainstream country lovers, this is the type of music that will never get popular!  Your elite hipster friends will even beg you to show them more of the underground that is William Elliott Whitmore; order now!

• 51 posts
    June 28, 2014 9:34 AM EDT

Any comparisons for Carpe Noctem?  Always amazes me how many fans of extreme metal are on here.

• TED
    • 45 posts
    June 28, 2014 9:46 AM EDT

It is very difficult for me to find a band that is comparable to Carpe Noctem; that being said, there's Mitochondrion and Deathspell Omega that come to mind.  Both have great atmosphere, but are distinctly different in their own right IMO.

• 127 posts
    June 28, 2014 12:37 PM EDT

Tom Felton's pretty well known, but his music not so much.

I'm also quite fond of India Arie, a fantastic soul artist.  The linked is easily my favourite of her tracks.