Forums » Elder Scrolls

What other factions should be in Skyrim?

• June 20, 2014 11:46 PM EDT

Greetings,KS here...

Tonight's discussion has to do with the factions that should be or need to be in Skyrim.

Now as you know we have The Theives Guild,The DarkBrotherhood,The Compainons,And The College of Winterhold.

But what if its not enough?

What if are builds don't go along with these factions?

That's where you come in,what factions do we need or what factions do you want to see in Skyrim?

• 1441 posts
    June 21, 2014 12:12 AM EDT
    I would like to see a good Vampire order. My idea was for a group called The Order of the Sacred Night, a group of vampires, werewolves, and regular folks who have chosen to defend humanity from rouges.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 21, 2014 12:19 AM EDT

Definitely an Alchemists' Guild. (With an improved alchemy skill). It would be very interesting to roleplay. There would be secret recipes available only to members of the guild, as well as some rare ingredients. They should be based either in Morthal, Riften or Markarth.

The Guild would be very subtle, apparently only a bunch of weird people united by their love and curiosity for the art of alchemy, when in fact, they would secretly have some people in high places in Skyrim, manipulating its politics.

Damn, is there any build that resembles this? It would be very interesting.

• June 21, 2014 12:22 AM EDT

I would like to see more social clubs, like the Fraternal Order of the Beard, or something like that. 

• Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 21, 2014 12:32 AM EDT

Damn, I finally have a concept that will make me truly immersed in Skyrim again. And it will work perfectly with SkyRe.

Thank you for making this discussion.

• 1441 posts
    June 21, 2014 1:33 AM EDT
    Maybe a sort of Pyromancer's Guild? Like, a Group of Pyyromancers whip up napalm like substance, which they call Wildfire, and craft new tools based around the consuming flames.

Or maybe a Skyrimized Night's Watch.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 21, 2014 1:36 AM EDT

So... GOT's Alchemists' Guild. 

• 249 posts
    June 21, 2014 1:46 AM EDT
    A Necromancer/Evil Mage Guild! We need more dark magic!

A Better Warrior's Guild and a separate Werewolf Guild. The Companions storyline was too werewolf-centered IMO. I'd rather have them separate instead of watering both guilds down and slapping them together. Why couldn't we join the Frostmoon Pack?! That's as much a slap in the face as the Riekling Spears :p

A bandit guild. It's been said before many times but some kind of outlaw questline where you get to raid towns would be a blast!
  • June 21, 2014 2:05 AM EDT

That would be popular considering the amount of vampires,think about all the cool rewards and gear....

• June 21, 2014 2:06 AM EDT

I only listed major factions that focuse around your build.

• June 21, 2014 2:13 AM EDT

There probably is,the build sounds rewarding and it would be based in riften because they have a alchemist there.

• June 21, 2014 2:45 AM EDT

Your welcome! 

• 134 posts
    June 21, 2014 3:36 AM EDT

I'd like to be able to join the Town Guard... seems pretty interesting. Maybe the Silver Hand as an alternative to the Companions?

• June 21, 2014 3:40 AM EDT
    An Alchemist build might be pretty interesting...you'd probably have to grind a lot, for ingredients, but powerful enough potions could basically replace other skills.
    • 108 posts
    June 21, 2014 5:59 AM EDT

The Cabal of the Court Wizards. Sylvia Stentor is the head of this secretive group who prepare for the inevitable Thalmor treachery despite the folly of their respective jarls.

The Skooma Appreciation Society  (SAS) is behind all the trade Khajit trade caravans and hast secret outlets in all the Alchemist stores and inns throughout Skyrim and beyond.

• June 23, 2014 4:49 PM EDT

I would like to see a smithers group and a hunters group possibly the morag tong.

• 1441 posts
    June 23, 2014 4:55 PM EDT
    Exactly! I love GOT!
    • 285 posts
    June 23, 2014 4:57 PM EDT
    Hmm, I would like a counter-faction for all of those factions, as in:

Companions-Silver Hand

College of Winterhold-College of Whispers/Synod

Dark Brotherhood-Morag Tong?

Thieves Guild-Wharf Rats
  • June 23, 2014 5:03 PM EDT

It would be cool if the hunter group payed you on the pelt and meat you brought in and the type of pelt would affect the price.and a unique armor set could be smithed after a whilw if you beat it.

And the smithers guild would make so you have to smith things for people and got gold for it

• 622 posts
    June 23, 2014 6:39 PM EDT
    There are more factions then those four :P Bard's Collage, Dawnguard, Volkihar, Imperial Legion, Stormcloaks, Forsworn, Blades, Greybeards, Reiklings, Skaal's Thrisk Hall, Telvanni...

I would have liked to see more of a Mecenary hunters guild or a neveomancer's club :)
    • 285 posts
    June 23, 2014 7:31 PM EDT
    Tae, read the first comment on this discussion. :P
    • 622 posts
    June 23, 2014 11:30 PM EDT
    I didn't see it earlier, I just went to the latest reply. Regardless, Skyrim does have a lot of factions!
  • June 23, 2014 11:42 PM EDT

It could use more factions that involves the player and even a small little choice,could cause a whole village to be slaughtered.

• 622 posts
    June 23, 2014 11:43 PM EDT

Involve the player? All the factions I listed can be joined

• 285 posts
    June 23, 2014 11:52 PM EDT
    Tell that to my character who sided with Madanach and every time he goes to the Reach the Forsworn try to murder him in many unpleasant ways, also, where are my Greybeard Robes?!