Forums » Elder Scrolls

My Adventurer Dilema

• 5 posts
    June 15, 2014 11:43 PM EDT

So, here's the dilemma. It's been a while since I've played Skyrim. But I want to get back in and I want to make a character that's an adventurer. "But the Dragonborn is inherently an adventurer." And while I note that, it's not exactly what I'm getting at. I don't want to make some anti-dragon crusader. I defiantly want this character to be non-dragonborn (at least not right away, as becoming the Dragonborn is it's own adventure). I mean, I guess I'm looking for a mix of the Indiana Jones like scholar, someone who searches for knowledge. But at the same time, I want it to be a sort of pilgrim that wanders the land, unable to return home, without any real direction, the wind as his only guide,  sort of like Yasuo (for all you League players out there). And yet I want it to be someone who is inherently good willed, helping those who need, despite how morally ambiguous they may be, sort of like Ash Ketchum, who can take detours from his journey, without getting too tied down. I don't know, it seems simple enough but this is something I really want to work at and not get bored with in the later levels. Go explore some Nordic tomb and then tell the story at the Frostfruit inn of how I bested the undead lord that guarded some mysterious wall with strange writing on it and demonic chanting. But I'm not sure I want to get tied down with the Companions, as it isn't about the glory of combat, but rather, the enjoyment of seeing new places. Nor do I want to get involved with the Mage's college, because while I do have a thirst for knowledge, I don't want to become some magical bookworm. And while the untapped riches of Skyrim is a motivation, I have no desire to do it dishonestly, like the Thieves Guild. And I don't want to have such a blatant disregard for life that I'm willing to trade it for coin. I guess my point is that I want a character that encompasses the very best of the four major guilds without getting too involved with any of them to avoid the dumber qualities that come along. So, any advice?