Forums » General Gaming

The scariest game you have ever played

• 29 posts
    June 15, 2014 11:48 AM EDT

I am looking for some very creepy game with very much jumpscares and stuff like that, so i made this discussion to find some very scary game. If you are looking for some creepy game too, try outlast.

• June 15, 2014 11:50 AM EDT

While it is not scary in the traditional sense, Rainbow 6 Vegas, can get your heart pumping real fast. I tried it over at a friends and we both sat fearing when the next enemy encounter came. 

• 149 posts
    June 15, 2014 11:57 AM EDT

The most recent horror game I've played in the past few years was actually a mod for half-life: Afraid of Monsters.

I'm not particularly partial to horror games myself, but this one was really interesting. The animations and unnatural enemies were truly unique, while ammo conservation and a limited flashlight battery made combat and navigation that much more intense. And don't even get me started on the brilliant sound design...

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    June 15, 2014 12:21 PM EDT

Dead Space creeped me out pretty good. It has a very spooky atmosphere, and I just never knew what was going to pop out and when. The second one also has that feel, but not as intense. The third one feels more like an action game to me. 

• 285 posts
    June 15, 2014 12:37 PM EDT
    Maybe not the scariest, but surely the creepiest game I've played has to be Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, that game was outright disturbing.
  • Mr.
    • 763 posts
    June 15, 2014 12:47 PM EDT

The scariest game I have ever played was Outlast and it's DLC, Whistleblower. Love the game, really scary and with an excelent story. 

I'm currently looking forward to The Evil Within, which is going to be published by Bethesda. 

• 8 posts
    June 15, 2014 1:20 PM EDT
    I'm kind of torn, the first proper horror game I played was dead space, and I had nightmares for weeks! And then, dark souls, its scary in a sense that because of the overwhelming difficulty, you're too scared to open the door, and if there's a boss, then you'll need a new pair of underwear
    • 12 posts
    June 15, 2014 2:26 PM EDT

I must be a wimp, as Rage scared me.  I had to turn the volume down ha ha.  I'm keeping away from The Evil Within.

• 3 posts
    June 15, 2014 4:15 PM EDT

Amnesia: The Dark Decent. I've only played around 30 minutes and had to quit. Haven't gone back! Sooo scary.

• 3 posts
    June 15, 2014 4:16 PM EDT

OH! And the first time all the lights went out in DOOM! Scared me silly. 

• 1441 posts
    June 15, 2014 4:29 PM EDT
    The Forest is ome
    • 122 posts
    June 15, 2014 8:51 PM EDT

DreadOut. Just..DreadOut. It's a Fatal Frame sort of thing, except it's set in Indonesia, with Indonesian ghosts. Maybe it scared me so much because I knew that the ghosts ingame exist nearby . It has been greenlit in Steam, so check it out sometime.

• 11 posts
    June 15, 2014 8:56 PM EDT

dead space 2 by far. Got to some mission when you're in some super dark church place waiting for a door to open, then of course it doesn't and some crazy monsters charge between shadows you when you try to leave the area. That moment was when i turned off my ps3 and said no more.

also fallout, with the ghouls in the train tunnel.

• TED
    • 45 posts
    June 15, 2014 9:14 PM EDT

DreadOut you say?  Well it turns out that TeamFourStar, a group that does DBZ parodies, is doing a Lets Play of DreadOut.  You can check out the first episode of it here at their website.

• 29 posts
    June 17, 2014 4:46 AM EDT

A lot of the people say, that Outlast is the scariest game ever. It is good, but i do not think, that it is the scariest. But i am looking for some very creepy game, full of jumpscares. If you know some please tell me!

• 40 posts
    July 28, 2014 4:33 PM EDT

EASY!

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/amnesia-the-dark-descent

http://www.gamespot.com/amnesia-the-dark-descent/reviews/

Horror-survival game. Might want to buy extra underware before you play it.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    July 28, 2014 4:57 PM EDT

Halo.

Damn Flood.

• 4 posts
    July 28, 2014 5:14 PM EDT

I don't play many horror games,but a RPG that creeped me out was Mass Effect 3.For some reason, the reapers scare the heck out of me! They definitely have that creepy factor,the whole zombie thing going on.

Another game that can (kinda) be classified as spooky is ARMA 3. You may never see the aggressor but he saw you.He shot first and  now you're dead. It keeps you on edge, more so if you are playing solo.

• 29 posts
    September 2, 2014 9:57 AM EDT

I have played Amnesia: The Dark Descent. It is not very scary, because you can meet a monster very rarely, but if you play it with headphones it is really creepy. You can hear how the heart of the character is pumping and how he breathes. If you like horror games you must try it!