Forums » General Gaming

Dragon Age Romance Options

• 1595 posts
    June 14, 2014 4:15 PM EDT

Love Jack

• 1595 posts
    June 14, 2014 4:25 PM EDT

I warmed to Leliana when she sang that song. That was a pretty epic moment.

• 1441 posts
    June 14, 2014 4:59 PM EDT
    Just don't bang Samara's daughter, otherwise your head explodes
    • 1483 posts
    June 14, 2014 5:53 PM EDT

Jack is awesome! 

• 3 posts
    June 14, 2014 6:15 PM EDT

When I first played DAO I fell hard for Leliana. She is a very thoughtful character and her observations can be very interesting. However, years later, and after knowing her better, I now prefer Morrigan, there is an amazing character under that shell.

Either is awesome!

• 1913 posts
    June 14, 2014 6:42 PM EDT

My favorite romance  is Jack.

• 1595 posts
    June 14, 2014 6:50 PM EDT

Bryn and I like our women to be confident and strong

• June 26, 2014 10:10 AM EDT

While the lot of you bitch and complain between Morrigan, Leliana and Zeveran, I went with Alistair.. So innocent..

• 229 posts
    June 26, 2014 11:58 AM EDT

I don't even consider Zevran, and I do think Alistair is cool, I find him to be a funny companion. However, I'm playing a male character, so he isn't even an option. Besides, I already chose Leliana, and I have to say I think she probably is the best romance option in the game. Although I do wonder a few things about Leliana's past...

• 13 posts
    June 26, 2014 5:28 PM EDT

I prefer Morrigan, Leliana is way too religious. And if you play the dlc Witch Hunt it's more interesting if you romanced Morrigan.

• 229 posts
    June 27, 2014 10:05 AM EDT

I played Witch Hunt after romancing Leliana and the only difference I noticed was that Morrigan didn't mention the ring.

• 1913 posts
    June 27, 2014 10:16 AM EDT
    You can make her non-religous if you do her quest.... which I always do cause

1. I hate the maker

2. I always felt that she used the maker as a coping mechanism for the torture she experienced.
    • 1913 posts
    June 27, 2014 10:19 AM EDT
    And she doesnt say it's your child or say "come my love."
    • 229 posts
    June 27, 2014 12:33 PM EDT

I actually reinforced her faith, I believe it's a nice part of her character. As for her torture, I'm pretty sure she got over it pretty quickly, as far we know she was just beaten, and I haven't seen much proof of anything else. 

• 34 posts
    July 3, 2014 8:13 AM EDT

King Dork himself, of course! Nice bonus being queen too... :P

• 111 posts
    July 4, 2014 5:40 PM EDT

Interesting discussion on Leliana v Morrigan

I've romanced both. Morrigan comes across initially as someone who does not want anything but a physical relationship but ultimately confesses to an emotional attachment. However her ruthlessness is such that she does not hesitate to suppress it in favour of her agenda whatever that maybe. Even in the Witchunt DLC Morrigan is deliberately evasive about that but does welcome your company and commitment then reaffirming her own feelings about you - well that's what she says anyway

Leliana? Warm trustworthy and comforting - but she also felt that way about Marjolaine - once! Leliana also has her own personal agenda in my view which has more to do with the Chantry's interests rather than your own objectives. Personally I have no doubt that if your character chose a path that went contrary to the Chantry's she would become at least your political opponent if not ultimately your antagonist

Certain aspects of Morrigan's character are reminiscent of the Viconia Devir character and romance from BG - another epilogian tragedy. Viconia is described as Neutral Evil but she is more amoral than anything - her actions like Morrigans are shaped by her background, upbringing and the society she was raised in