Forums » General Gaming

Dragon Age Romance Options

• 229 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:17 PM EDT

I finally got around to grabbing Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition and DA2, but I'm already having trouble in Origins with choosing a romance option. So I'm wondering, who did you guys romance?

• 159 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:25 PM EDT

Before bryn invades and brings the leilana bandwagon for origins I recommended morrigan as she is a very interesting character who has her own unique views on events and who plays a big role in future events. She is one of my most favorite romance options! She's a strong woman with her own goals and intentions and not out to do good for the sake of being good which is a realistic outlook.So I say for origins Morrigan and for Da 2 isabela as she is badass pirate who takes what she wants! What more do you want!

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:27 PM EDT

Go with Morrigan if you want the clap. Leliana if you want an actual romance and not emotionless sex.

• 1483 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:28 PM EDT

I like Morrigan. She usually has right ideas even if sometimes harsh (well, quite often). I like Leliana too, though not as much as Morrigan, the latter is always in my team 

• Jen
    • 88 posts

Oh I have romanced them all at one time or another, but my favorite is Alastair, very sweet actually. But the Morrigan romance is also pretty intriguing to me, especially as a more noble character, though you have to leave her behind a lot to keep her approval.

• 1913 posts

There is a difference between romance and casual sex... leliana, Alastair, and zevran once you complete the romance all have meaning... Morrigan doesn't.

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:29 PM EDT

Actual emotion, compassion, love, a person who doesn't laugh whenever she sees a decapitated baby...

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:30 PM EDT

Burn in the depths of hades...

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:30 PM EDT

"I hate you all"

• 1483 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:31 PM EDT

LOL 

• 1217 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:33 PM EDT

Sure way to get in an argument ;)

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:34 PM EDT

I do think she is cruel unnecessarily, I mean when she disapproves of me not going all psycho in order to benefit myself, it really bugs me, so I understand your hate Bryn. Though I don't think she is as superficial about romance as she would have others believe she is. I do think she is a complex character, but more than harsh at times. 

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:35 PM EDT

I like her, I find her interesting and funny... I just hate her romance. Maybe it's cause I was raised to have emotion in a romance and not just have it be "hey... you're hot... I'm hot... we're both bored... meet me in my tent in 5 minutes."

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:39 PM EDT

Maybe it's the fact that she openly says love is meaningless... that I have to work so hard only for her to go away and have everything be pointless... that she really only uses you for your body up until about 75 approval... by that point I have lost all interest and have found leliana to be a lovable and kinder person who actually is romantic....

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:41 PM EDT

Only with me though :P. I'd prefer a romance with the transvestite elf in the pearl rather than Morrigan, at least I know s/he is loyal (for as long as I have coin) :P

• 1217 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:43 PM EDT

XD Hahaha, well if I ever find myself playing the old DA games, I know who to avoid.

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:44 PM EDT

You mean like Zeveran who wants in your bed right away? Her romance does have meaning, she feels much the same way that Zeveran does, it becomes pretty clear later on. But she does run kind of cold. Which I honestly think is part of the charm, it is not a typical romance. It appeals to me that two totally different people can be so very different in so many ways but come together still, for better or worse I suppose. 

• 1483 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:45 PM EDT

Sex means nothing to her, the romance is much deeper. You can have sex with her easily, sort of like Jack in ME2, except Jack stops to respect you afterwards and for Morrigan it just doesn't mean anything. Both are similar in a way (don't jump at my throat just yet :P) that their romance is much deeper than "we'll bang, OK?" 

On topic though, Seyd, just go with who you like the most  Then do another playthrough. Then another... 

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 3:00 PM EDT

Her romance is as deep as a puddle until the final mission...

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 3:01 PM EDT

At least at the end he realizes he has feelings for you and wishes to stay with you... Merriman gets commitment issues and runs away...

• 1483 posts
    June 13, 2014 3:02 PM EDT

I hate to admit it but I never romanced Alistair. Perhaps it is time for that  I always thought of him as a sort of Kaidan who deflects touchy subjects with humor instead of trying to act tough (and failing) 

• 1483 posts
    June 13, 2014 3:03 PM EDT

Merriman 

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 3:04 PM EDT

And he has a reason for not wanting romance... the last person he let close to his heart died and right before he died he thought she was a traitor and was extremely hateful/cruel to her... he wanted to die cause he found no point in living...

Morrigan's reason? Mommy never hugged me as a child (yes I get she had a terrible childhood, and that I like jack's romance, but this is the difference... jack at least changes and shows character growth... the moment Merriman realizes how she feels, runs away to have old god baby...)

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 3:05 PM EDT

She doesn't  deserve proper spelling! :P

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 3:06 PM EDT

In a desert...