Forums » General Gaming

Dragon Age Romance Options

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:06 PM EDT

Well she is nothing like her... which kinda made me sad

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:08 PM EDT

Not really... too much make up and jaundice make anyone look untappable to me... she has both... it always bothered me she had no make up, no connection to the outside world, and she no longer stole from people... yet always has eye shadow... weird...

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:09 PM EDT

The mabari is still better at conversing with you than she is... only in a dragon age game can I have the character sound like she likes me... flirts with me in conversation... and when I respond to those flirtations with interest... +25 disapproval...  

• June 13, 2014 5:11 PM EDT
    It sounds like he used them both.
  • Jen
    • 88 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:19 PM EDT

There's a difference between not feeling it, and not being able to define it. What I am saying is that he had a basic understanding of the feeling of caring so much about another person that it could change who you are and how you think. Maybe he wasn't head over heels in love, but the feeling was strong or it wouldn't have impacted him so greatly, The same can not be said of Morrigan, as she was just starting to explore these feelings. And I do get your point about the airplane (and yes, I am such a romantic that I compared romance to airplane repair!). I think a lot of people are deeply flawed in some way, missing something maybe. Most people come up short in SOME area of their life for whatever reason. Intellectually maybe, or they aren't as handy as they wish they were, maybe they are clumsy, and maybe they are emotionally stunted....some people can feel their way through, others can't. I think it comes down to Morrigan being a deeply flawed character in a group of characters that are all flawed.

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:20 PM EDT

No, noblewoman's servant. She is in the library. Talk to her there then you can sleep with her. She's an elf.

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:22 PM EDT

I'll agree with her character being flawed alright :P

• Jen
    • 88 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:25 PM EDT

For some reason, I can never resist seducing Dairren when I play as a noble. Poor Dairren. 

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:30 PM EDT

Poor Iona... gets an arrow to the jugular... now her daughter is an orphan...

• 1483 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:34 PM EDT

I know one Iona - Housecarl in Riften 

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:35 PM EDT

I will hunt you down Vaz...

• 159 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:55 PM EDT

Thank you brother Vazgen! Morrigan is the best! We must stand against the Lelianaites!

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 13, 2014 6:19 PM EDT

Not the game's fault you can't understand not all women are the same.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 13, 2014 6:19 PM EDT

I'd still romance it over Leliana.

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 6:21 PM EDT

No, it's the game designers flat for making such an emotionally  stated romance it rivals that of Romeo and Juliet...

• 1913 posts
    June 13, 2014 6:29 PM EDT

Here's the funny thing... my favorite romance isn't even Leliana... it's a tie between Zevran and the implied romance of Nathaniel Howe and Cousland... (originally they were going to have it where if you played a Cousland who never romanced anyone you and Nathaniel were revealed to have been in love with each other but because of what happened with his father and your family you have to rebuild that connection...)

• 1441 posts
    June 13, 2014 9:51 PM EDT
    Ironically, Zevran, if I'm RPing my character as gay or bi, because he's probably one of the nicest Elven assassins in all of Fantasy, that, he has a pleasant voice, and his comments are funny, though, if I model a character over my sexual preferences, Leliana, she's just an interesting character, especially if you play her DLC. Though, one of my characters banged Morrigan, then sacrificed himself. I didn't do the baby ritual thing.
    • 229 posts
    June 14, 2014 2:55 PM EDT

Well, thought about it, and while Morrigan is a complex character and plays an integral part I think I'll go with Leliana. Morrigan kind of reminds me a bit of Miranda from Mass Effect now that I think about it, pretty similar stories. I didn't choose Miranda, so I don't think I'll choose Morrigan. I'll just suck it up and do the ritual.

• 1913 posts
    June 14, 2014 3:17 PM EDT

YES! VICTORY FOR ME! VICTORY FOR THE CARTHIANS BITCHES!!! :P

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 14, 2014 3:46 PM EDT

Miranda was terrible. Tali'Zorah now... Hmm, take those immune suppliments bby, 2nite we party

• 229 posts
    June 14, 2014 3:54 PM EDT

Tom, that's exactly what I did, It feels like Morrigan=Miranda and Leliana=Tali.

• 229 posts
    June 14, 2014 3:58 PM EDT

Lol, okay Bryn, besides, my brother in sixth grade, William, saw me talk to Morrigan a minute ago and found her funny. My brother is insanely smart and mature for his age, even though he still messes around like me. We don't have to many games we play together, he wasn't too big on Skyrim and Mass Effect for example, but I talked him into playing Dragon Age, and since I'm doing Leliana's romance, and he likes Morrigan as a character more than Leliana, he'll do her romance while I do Leliana's, which solves all my problems.

• Tom
    • 624 posts
    June 14, 2014 3:59 PM EDT

I must be the only person who romances characters in RPG's based upon their characterization and not how big their tits are.

You never see Tali and I find her more attractive than Miranda.

Does anyone like Jack? I'd rather romance Wrex than Jack, to be honest.

• 1595 posts
    June 14, 2014 4:01 PM EDT

I liked Morrigan, she was my chosen LI in Origins yet I didn't like Miranda in ME2. Leliana reminded me more of Liara from the first ME with that sugary, saccharine voice.

• 229 posts
    June 14, 2014 4:15 PM EDT

I don't think she's a bad character, but I like Leliana more. As for Liara, she had outbursts, and I think Liara was overkilled on those qualities and it made her seem unattractive in some senses.