Forums » Elder Scrolls

Most OP class in Skyrim (Your honest opinion)

• 700 posts
    June 12, 2014 7:19 PM EDT

I thought you wanted us to judge which of the three main classes is the most OP by what skills fall into their class.  

• June 12, 2014 7:21 PM EDT

Your not alone.

• June 12, 2014 7:22 PM EDT

You gotta stretch yourself out with new possibilities

If you can try this:

Archery+Sneak+Conjuration+Enchantment

That should spice it up.

• 1483 posts
    June 12, 2014 7:25 PM EDT

You don't need enchantments. With Kindred Mage + Rage and Dual-Casting even Novice spell Fury affects people up to level 61 and animals up to level 57. That pretty much covers all enemies in the game. At 100 skill it will cost around 20 magicka

• June 12, 2014 7:41 PM EDT

Oh.

• 62 posts
    June 12, 2014 8:57 PM EDT

Any class that uses sneak with illusion. Add conjuration to the mix, and you're seriously OP.

• June 12, 2014 9:01 PM EDT

No,I actually had written more than you see but didn't cut it all out

The classes you see are the cores of ALL ever made.

• June 12, 2014 9:05 PM EDT

Even if the character is a homeless person?

Who stole magick books from the local wizard and read them?

And now uses illusion to sneak up on the women in nude? 

While using conjuration to swing a sword around hitting air?

Yeah,really OP.

• June 12, 2014 10:39 PM EDT

I dunno how illusion is OP

Even with sneak it still suffers.

Now if you were talking about Sneak+Archery

Yeah.

But illusion is not the best school of magic because the farther you advance in the game the harder it becomes.

But its your opinion and I respect that.

• 70 posts
    June 13, 2014 3:13 AM EDT

Definitely a pure mage. I know some enemies are resistant to magic but once you have high Conjuration that isn't a problem, and as a mage I was able to deal 400+ damage per cast at level 30, which is much higher than that a warrior or archer could do.

• 1483 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:58 AM EDT
    That's why there are summons too. They do all the work while you sit back and enjoy the show. Not to mention the ability to powerlevel with Muffle. Sneak + Illusion with Master of the Mind is so effortless that you lose all the joy from playing. My first character got ruined that way.
    • 1483 posts
    June 13, 2014 6:01 AM EDT
    What do you mean by " the farther you advance in the game the harder it becomes. "? It's very easy at any level. You can clear Skuldafn with Novice spells only - it's the only playstyle that allows that.
    • 1 posts
    June 13, 2014 6:21 AM EDT

Daedric armored sneak archer with KILL MOAR enchanted pieces and max sneak skill

• 89 posts
    June 13, 2014 1:04 PM EDT

Mage with Destruction (Impact perk), Illusion, and Conjuration. No crafting even necessary. There are four things Illusion won't affect: daedra, undead, automatons, and dragons. Daedra are really rarely encountered, undead are incredibly vulnerable to fire, and dragons can be stun-locked, as there are hardly ever two at the same time. A group of dwarven robots is the only potential threat, and even then with Twin Souls it's no biggie. And once you unlock Master of the Mind, forget about it.

• 133 posts
    June 13, 2014 2:17 PM EDT
    In my opinion just playing a pure mage is way to overpowerd. That's how I played but it was insane! To the point that I was having trouble finding anything challanging. I could almost three shot dragons with fireball. In the end I deleted it, seriosly don't play as a pure mage it almost made me stop playing skyrim. Then I found the blog and found cool and challenging builds.
  • Jen
    • 88 posts
    June 13, 2014 3:57 PM EDT

Pure Mage is by far the most overpowered to me. Conjuration and Illusion just blows everything else away in my opinion. 

• 8 posts
    June 13, 2014 5:44 PM EDT

exactly! and you can easily spice it up with a few strategically placed frenzy runes, and watch the carnage unfold  

• 133 posts
    June 16, 2014 5:27 PM EDT

Assassins...I mean I had an assassin and at lvl 15 she was doing 1300+ damage sneaking, and I never got detected so...

• 133 posts
    June 16, 2014 5:28 PM EDT

Bro you stole my pic... jk yeah a mage is pretty OP too.

• Ben
    • 21 posts
    June 18, 2014 12:14 PM EDT

What enemy is immune to casting invisibility?  I can't think of a single enemy that I couldn't just cast invisibility "during" combat, and then sneak attack.  You can do it over and over again.  With enough magicka regen, it is ridiculously OP.

I'd love to see a mod that made casting invisibility only available out of combat.

• Ben
    • 21 posts
    June 18, 2014 12:34 PM EDT

Probably not a fair response, but any class where you max all three crafting professions is going to be OP. 

• June 19, 2014 2:42 AM EDT

Sorry for the late response

But no enemy is immune to invisibilty.

Like I said,its not OP on all enemies because not all enemies will "fall under your spell"

What I am saying is its not OP on ALL enimies MAYBE some.

• 8 posts
    June 19, 2014 7:01 PM EDT

Most enemies can still sort of tell where you are for a few seconds after casting invisibility, and quiet casting let's you go from assassination to assassination before you're even caught :D however, this class is weak against dragons, in my experience. They pretty much never just sit on the ground in a back stabbable position and are immune to calm spells...

• 7 posts
    October 16, 2014 5:45 AM EDT

Frenzy is great on higher difficulties, it is actually generally speaking a bigger source of damage than my destruction spells at the current level my legendary dif. mage is in, illusion is seriously overpowered, 20 sabrecats charging in on you? np, fear em away, frenzy em against each other. alot of people seem to be under the impression it's not that great, i've even heard many times it is ''only for stealth characters'' lol
    Also, on legendary, there are alot of situations (generally bosses) where my direct damage spells don't do anything, various illusion spells help for crowd controlling when my companion/summon do the damage/tanking, and i can even buff them with courage spells to not have that ohh shit moment where they are down and suddenly you're the target.. Illusion has allowed me to put 0 points into health on legendary, i think that says enough 

• 7 posts
    October 16, 2014 5:48 AM EDT

Is a tanky char effective on legendary difficulty? i've been trying to figure one out but on paper crowd control seems much more viable