Forums » Elder Scrolls

Most OP class in Skyrim (Your honest opinion)

• June 12, 2014 5:13 PM EDT

Hello my fellow Dragonborns,

Vicious here and as you can see I have added yet another discussion,because they seem to be going well.

Now as you know in Skyrim there are a dozen or more ways to play and its all focuses around the cores:Mage,Theif,Warrior.

But my question is which on the following classes are OP in Skyrim?

• 360 posts
    June 12, 2014 5:15 PM EDT

Just search for the Paladin of Molag Bal... 

• 185 posts
    June 12, 2014 5:16 PM EDT
    Trevor Deathhand... It has always been Trevor and will always be Trevor.
  • June 12, 2014 5:49 PM EDT

Okay...

• 8 posts
    June 12, 2014 5:53 PM EDT

Assassin with illusion on the side, my absolute favourite way to play and, when done right, you can avoid pretty much all damage by not being seen and do colossal damage with 15x dagger sneak attacks  plus, turning invisible with a single spell at any time makes you practically untouchable :) what's not to love? :)

• 700 posts
    June 12, 2014 6:01 PM EDT

Out of those three, warrior.  Only because archery is a warrior skill.  If archery was part of the thief class, then it would easily be thief.  

• 118 posts
    June 12, 2014 6:03 PM EDT

this will probably be unpopular but I'd have to say the most overpowered build I've used in recent memory was a Destruction/Restoration mage.  At one point I had to use console commands to remove the impact perk because it completely breaks the combat system and even then I still found it stupidly overpowered.  And this was without using Conjuration or Illusion for a good chunk of the playthrough. 

Paralysis, turn undead and impact give you field control that no other build can even come close to touching, as long as you have enough of a magicka reserve (I put everything into Magicka and had over 800 by the endgame, plus enchantments).  If you then add in Conjuration and/or Illusion then there is literally nothing that should touch you, no need to even use stealth you can just waltz into any area and brush enemies aside with little effort. 

The master Destruction spells are so horribly unbalanced that it's almost a crime, undead stand no chance against a master destruction mage and everything else may take 1-2 more casts before they're obliterated.  Without using Conjuration/Illusion I think the Mage style is the most overpowered, if I also include those schools then there's not even a debate in my mind.

• 1483 posts
    June 12, 2014 6:05 PM EDT

Fully perked Illusionist summoner. No one can even think to touch you and the rare enemies who can try to do that, like dragons are focused on your summons who are immune to their elemental attacks. You can support them with whatever ranged option you want

• 185 posts
    June 12, 2014 6:15 PM EDT
    My Celestial Warlock agrees, I was playing on Legendary and most of the times I could ignore a flesh spell and potions and just enter the room with all my magickal power of every school (Minus Illusion, Added Necromancy later game)
  • June 12, 2014 6:20 PM EDT

Now my say in this

I think the most OP is a good two-hander with Heavy Armor,

With the right perks it can be OP on anything or anyone.

• June 12, 2014 6:20 PM EDT

Usually I get over 20 replies.

• June 12, 2014 6:22 PM EDT

Jesus mate,

I dont think I could spread that thin because I will almost never use them ALL I'm combat because the only thing I run with is destruction and alertiration. (Maybe necromancy)

• June 12, 2014 6:23 PM EDT

Archery can be used by both

Though theifs don't usually kill people so Archery would be a more

Assassin thing,ya know?

• June 12, 2014 6:24 PM EDT

I love the sword and board build but it can get boring

And extremely OP.

• June 12, 2014 6:25 PM EDT

Seems OP but not on all enemies.

• June 12, 2014 6:26 PM EDT

Not too interested in the daedra or the gods.

• 622 posts
    June 12, 2014 6:34 PM EDT
    Death knights. Daedric armor and weapons, both element atronachs and zombie summons, bear-physical and magical immunity, and enchanted gear.
    • 1595 posts
    June 12, 2014 7:04 PM EDT

I agree with this as being the most OP way to play. Also the most boring in my opinion.

• June 12, 2014 7:11 PM EDT

Ok thank you Ben

• June 12, 2014 7:14 PM EDT
    Archery + Sneak for your general day-to-day questing. I actually ruined my first major thief play through by investing so much in those skills that I could clear entire rooms by crouching in the doorway. It was incredibly effective- and incredibly dull.
  • June 12, 2014 7:14 PM EDT

Soo

A heavy armored knight,who is the best of friends with Death

And uses the elements of destruction and conjuration 

Heavy and big kinda guy with magical immunity 

And specializes in enchantment.

Seems legit.

• June 12, 2014 7:15 PM EDT

While this seems interesting

I have to say illusion is not the best school to work in

Unless your enchantments help

:/ 

• 75 posts
    June 12, 2014 7:16 PM EDT

*whistles* I may or may not have done that on my first playthrough.

• June 12, 2014 7:17 PM EDT

Boring eh?

Phil,we're looking at a ninja class man!

Imagine...

• 622 posts
    June 12, 2014 7:18 PM EDT

Yep, everyone's done it at some point... Except for me